14 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Just for the record, I have absolutely no idea whether it will be Flitcroft or Fred Flintstone. Both him and McGreal are far better options than Danny Pugh though, that's for sure.

You were 110% an hour ago ahah

• Haha 2

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, TylerB said:

We're a dog <ovf censored> side with thoroughly decent but skint owners, in the middle of a pandemic.

Flitcroft is among the best we can realistlcally hope for.

Well this made me feel better... 😂

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

I work with lots of people who talk really well in meetings... proof will be in the pudding i guess , survival this year , and then how he does business on half the budget he’s been used to.

Up the vale

Yes, Adams is the man - a manager who walks the talk...

• Like 1

“So it has to be someone with that proven record – and it will be a manager with a proven record of success.”

That’s what Carol said. I don’t actually see that either of these guys matches that description. Bit disappointing. Who is pulling the strings on this appointment? 

• Like 1

Advert:

Just now, Jacko51 said:

“So it has to be someone with that proven record – and it will be a manager with a proven record of success.”

That’s what Carol said. I don’t actually see that either of these guys matches that description. Bit disappointing. Who is pulling the strings on this appointment? 

Worrying.

I will be very disappointed if its Flitcroft. Mansfield fans describe him as a bottle job and a chequebook manager.

36 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Just for the record, I have absolutely no idea whether it will be Flitcroft or Fred Flintstone. Both him and McGreal are far better options than Danny Pugh though, that's for sure.

What happened to 110% and not saying how you know because it “wouldn’t be fair on the bloke” ? ... has someone been put in their box for spilling info they shouldn’t? Or was it all b*llshit in the first place?

What with you definitely knowing and @Vale1995 knowing the players and being sure they don’t know... maybe they just fobbed you off after taking a b*llocking for all the leaks that have left the club recently! Maybe you are not in their circle of people they trust anymore?

Either way there isn’t half some “look at me and my knowledge” rubbish in this site at the moment. 

52 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

He saved the club from relegation from the Championship. They looked doomed at the time. That’s the difference, a guy who has worked at a high level, or some blokes at clubs that at best may enjoy a season or two at league 1 level. 

You’re Ian Holloway aren’t you?

I will be very disappointed if its Flitcroft. Mansfield fans describe him as a bottle job and a chequebook manager.

Yet Mansfield have been nowhere near the play offs since he left
  • Like 4

Advert:

1 minute ago, Jacob_123 said:

Yet Mansfield have been nowhere near the play offs since he left

Blame Coughlan for that

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Take it this is humour Jacko!!?

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Take it this is humour Jacko!!?

No it, it was genuine concern. If finance is an issue then I understand but we can’t go building up folk’s hopes like that. 

12 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Surely promotion and a playoff run can be considered a proven record of success?

• Like 2

Surely promotion and a playoff run can be considered a proven record of success?

I agree .... I can’t get my head around this “his record isn’t good enough”. Not sure who some people were expecting.
  • Like 1

Advert:

51 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Pugh and Pope views been influential? (from their time at Bury, if it is to be Flitcroft)

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid
  • Like 1

Also Flitcroft has somewhat performed without a big budget... he kept Barnsley up against all odds in his first job in what was called a miracle by the players due to the lack of budget.

He was then sacked in November due a poor start to the following season ... he was replaced by Danny Wilson who also couldn’t save that squad and they were relegated which points to the fact that that squad was doomed and shows what a good job he did. When he first took over. Maybe. I dunno, just looking for positives 😂

I heard some say that the candidates dont play attractive football that they are all uninspiring and dull to watch.

Tell you what, give me a raft of one goal wins and a steady climb up the table with a side that's organised and hard to beat, Gordon Lee style and I'll be happy. #fedupoflosing

• Thanks 1