onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

Didnt see the game away sat  but last two home games we deserved at least 10 goals scored over the course of the games .

I Really do not know what side I'd go with going forwards ain't the problem the problem is we concede the most diabolical goals and that if continues will leave us fighting to stay in the league not get out of it in a positive way .

Visser 

Oyeleke Brisley Crookes Fitz 

Amoo Joyce Conlon Hurst

Rodney Pope 

IF fabinho can play centre half for liverpool Oyeleke can play right back for Vale ,goes without saying that I'm sick to the teeth of our soft centre time try something else .

We can entertain but losing 4-3 twice and conceding four goals in two games in one diabolical half (second) has and should in my opinion end some careers ,it ended Jermaine Holwyns enough enough .

22 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Didnt see the game away sat  but last two home games we deserved at least 10 goals scored over the course of the games .

I Really do not know what side I'd go with going forwards ain't the problem the problem is we concede the most diabolical goals and that if continues will leave us fighting to stay in the league not get out of it in a positive way .

Visser 

Amoo Joyce Conlon Hurst

Rodney Pope 

IF fabinho can play centre half for liverpool Oyeleke can play right back for Vale ,goes without saying that I'm sick to the teeth of our soft centre time try something else .

We can entertain but losing 4-3 twice and conceding four goals in two games in one diabolical half (second) has and should in my opinion end some careers ,it ended Jermaine Holwyns enough enough .

Missed some line out

Shame you didn't leave more out. "Should in my opinion end some careers" - have a word with yourself.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Visser 

Amoo Joyce Conlon Hurst

Rodney Pope 

With that team lineup it's a good job you're not relying on football managing to win your bread

Brown

Clark Brisley Crookes Fitz

Joyce
Oyeleke Conlon

Amoo Rodney Hurst

That’s if Clark is available, it sounds like (idiotically) he may have been sent back. I wouldn’t play Mills, so perhaps Manny at RB with Burgess in midfield.

Wouldn’t be too disappointed if Pope keeps his place ahead of Amoo (Rodney on right), and it’s harsh on Hurst but if Monty is fit he has to get the nod on the left.

Not an easy selection. I’d say it can’t get any worse but this is John Askey’s Port Vale.

Brown
Joyce
Oyeleke Conlon
Amoo Rodney Hurst
That’s if Clark is available, it sounds like (idiotically) he may have been sent back. I wouldn’t play Mills, so perhaps Manny at RB with Burgess in midfield.
Wouldn’t be too disappointed if Pope keeps his place ahead of Amoo (Rodney on right), and it’s harsh on Hurst but if Monty is fit he has to get the nod on the left.
Not an easy selection. I’d say it can’t get any worse but this is John Askey’s Port Vale.
You say idiotically Clarke has been sent back do you know why he was sent back ?

24 minutes ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Brown

Joyce
Oyeleke Conlon

Amoo Rodney Hurst

Hello Mr McPhee, or theresonlyone, if I may. I'd go pretty much with that team, although maybe Visser between the sticks. But it's all hypothetical I suppose. I have no idea as to whether or not any of the squad have any "issues" with the management or not, and I care even less. All I'd like is for each player to look themselves in the mirror before kick off and say to themselves that today is for Carol who saved our Club. Today is for the 4,000 supporters, who despite the threat of not being able to attend matches still spent hundreds of pounds on season tickets. Today is for the countless thousands of Valiants around the Country and the World who wait with baited breath for news on matchday. Today is for Port Vale Football Club. Today, blood and thunder.

1 hour ago, Mario said:
1 hour ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:
Brown
Joyce
Oyeleke Conlon
Amoo Rodney Hurst

You say idiotically Clarke has been sent back do you know why he was sent back ?

Only the ‘official’ word from Mr Askey, that he’s surplus to requirements. Which is idiotic, he is far better than Mills and we don’t have RB cover until Gibbo is back, mid-Jan at best.

Is there more to it?

5 hours ago, ginge said:

With that team lineup it's a good job you're not relying on football managing to win your bread

Nothing wrong with my team but thanks for acknowledging it one things for sure we need get some wins and quick .

Football management is not what I wish to do anyway but i do expect the Vale players to play like it means something to represent them after all football is a well paid job with perks the way we play is like the perks have being stopped ,but then with no folk coming through the gates how do you reward wins  with a bonus .

Its all very very strange to me but I'm not like most folk I think different than most 

8 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Only the ‘official’ word from Mr Askey, that he’s surplus to requirements. Which is idiotic, he is far better than Mills and we don’t have RB cover until Gibbo is back, mid-Jan at best.

Is there more to it?

Just my opinion, but I would say there’s more to it, it could be that with no money coming in for the foreseeable future, the club is trying to cut costs and with all the other players under contract, Clarke is the only wage they can save.

Agree though he’s better than most of our players.

Barrow are a bit better than their league position belies. 

New/Caretaker manager bounce + Angus and Quigley out to prove a point + Askey making 7 changes and hoping to stick the landing with players who have barely featured lobbed in en masse = a tricky one.

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

If we don't win then the axe needs to fall.

It's as simple as that.

I love Carol and will always support her but anything less than a win and Askey has to go.

So will you support her if she doesn't sack Askey? 🤔

3 minutes ago, WV said:

So will you support her if she doesn't sack Askey? 🤔

She saved this football club from someone I absolutely detested and would have killed the club.

I will always support her but I don't have to agree with with every decision.

If we lose to newly promoted Barrow, at home, 3rd bottom of L2, BOTTOM of the form table (6 games) and have 1 win in 11 then he's incapable of turning this around.

Archived