January transfer window

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Pope said he really wants to stay as circumstances have changed from when he could of gone Scunthorpe last deadline day.... i take that to mean Askey has gone.

Have never liked a current player writing in The Lardinel. They should keep powder dry . No current Stoke player has an article. 

It makes no difference to me if it's Pope, Brown, Smith or whoever, they should not be writing columns whilst still playing. 

I think there have often been insinuations about things and this suggests another. 

• Like 3

Advert:

21 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Same for Grimsby though they’ve just bought in a new manager. Regardless we should be able to compete with Grimsby as you say 

Didn't Holloway resign? if so they wouldn't have payed up his contract.

I think the ball is in our court. If we have the money and can meet his wage demands then I'm sure he'd like to come back here.

But it's a bit awkward at the moment. We don't have a permanent manager in place and we don't know if the Club wants to spend money while we are in this state of limbo.

Advert:

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I think the ball is in our court. If we have the money and can meet his wage demands then I'm sure he'd like to come back here.

But it's a bit awkward at the moment. We don't have a permanent manager in place and we don't know if the Club wants to spend money while we are in this state of limbo.

We ain't gonna have a lot of money, that's for sure, but limbo or not the signs are that we're in for Taylor, and have been for some time.

Edited by Guitar Ray

I think Taylor struggles to start for us if we go back to playing 442, we should be looking at a Joyce/Manny replacement box to box or combative midfielder.

If you were Taylor would you sign for us not knowing the manager or formation we are likely to play and then end up stuck being used as a sub for the next few months.

• Like 1

I think Taylor and Burgess are both best suited to 3 in midfield.

I think we need to be looking for a Griffith/grant player and maybe then Taylor would be better suited. Although would be very hard to not play Conlon.

• Like 1

I don’t think we will stick with 4-4-2 so may have a system with three in the middle, 4-4-2 is outdated and seemed more about going back to basics yesterday. If we go 4-4-2 next week at FGR we will struggle as they are a dominant possession based side.

• Like 2

I would hope he would change it up depending on the opposition and whether we are home or away. Conlon could do the Joyce roll and play with Taylor in the middle of a 4-4-2 and we all know he thrives in a 4-3-3

Advert:

Just now, dishydave said:

I would hope he would change it up depending on the opposition and whether we are home or away. Conlon could do the Joyce roll and play with Taylor in the middle of a 4-4-2 and we all know he thrives in a 4-3-3

He changed it during the game yesterday so it does look like he is open to changing formations to suit which a lot of the younger managers do