onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

32 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Reading CG's comments in tonights paper, maybe Pugh will be there a bit longer than a couple of games, while we wade through all the applicants.  Looks like signings are very much on the cards too.

I did read it the same way. The comments regarding continuing to do transfer business (in and out) with Pugh involved, of 'fully backing Danny', and not putting any time limit on his tenure.

I guess it's only fair he's at least considered, but there's probably better options out there. I know that the Shanahans think very highly of him. 

As it's been said, I trust Carol to conduct a rigorous and comprehensive process, and not the ad hoc way we've appointed managers previously.

Advert

46 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Reading CG's comments in tonights paper, maybe Pugh will be there a bit longer than a couple of games, while we wade through all the applicants.  Looks like signings are very much on the cards too.

Personally i wouldn't read to much in to that,i think they want an appointment asap with our current position

I find it very odd if we’re going to sign a number players without a manager. Dosent make any sense what so ever. We could sign 3/4 players then appoint a manager who may not want them. Who is signing them? Taylor aside we shouldn’t be signing others until we have a manager imo 

I find it very odd if we’re going to sign a number players without a manager. Dosent make any sense what so ever. We could sign 3/4 players then appoint a manager who may not want them. Who is signing them? Taylor aside we shouldn’t be signing others until we have a manager imo 
Unless the next manager is already at the club in some capacity hope I'm not adding to the conspiracy theories there's a saying " no smoke without fire" but I think a lot of people are putting 2+2 together & coming up with anything but 4.

22 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

In my opinion despite personally wanting Taylor back we shouldn't be signing anybody with no manager in place 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

In my opinion despite personally wanting Taylor back we shouldn't be signing anybody with no manager in place 

The Taylor signing is a no brainier imo. I’m sure any manager would prefer Taylor to choose from rather Whitehead or Burgess. If he wants another midfielder, he can get rid of one of them. I also think we should push ahead with getting rid of Robinson, McKirdy and Crookes to free up space.

Plus by the time we get the new manager in situ, time will be running out in the window. As long as the new manager has scope to bring in 1 or 2, I’m not adverse to bringing in Taylor and shifting the deadwood in the meantime. 

Reading Garlick’s comments it seems as if Pugh may be in contention and could get longer than first thought as caretaker manager.

I find it bizarre that they are actively looking for incoming transfers without a permanent manager. It seems as if Pugh will have an active role in signing any players. The same Pugh that has never been a manager before, may only be caretaker manager for a few weeks and could be soon out of the club. 

19 hours ago, blackdog said:

Don't know if I'm happy with that, the new manager should be making the decisions he might wish to strengthen in other areas, and also I think it sends out the wrong message to any future candidates.

Smacks of he who must not be named trick.

It smacks of an uncertain length of time before we sign a new manager but with a limited transfer window in which to sign players. It's not as if he's an unknown quantity, but, if the new manager coming in doesn't like him, he will just be one more player departing. 

This has been done, before, by clubs higher up the ladder and bigger than the Vale. 

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

I've just read them and have had my confidence dented by the direction we are going in. I maybe wrong, but that interview rather sounds like the job is Danny Pugh's to loose. Give him the backing in the window and hope he achieves some results to earn the job.

I hope I'm wrong but if thats the case what is the point of sacking JA?  We may as well stuck with him until the end of the season.

Oh no ... Just had a thought wasn't it Pugh who was responsible for signings when Aspin finally left? 

Kyle Howkins, Callum Whelan, Toby Edsner, Callum Howe & Trickett-Smith.

The thought has just given me a shiver!

Oh no ... Just had a thought wasn't it Pugh who was responsible for signings when Aspin finally left? 
Kyle Howkins, Callum Whelan, Toby Edsner, Callum Howe & Trickett-Smith.
The thought has just given me a shiver!

Don't think Pugh had much to do with those signings, it was the big blue <ovf censored>

10 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

Pretty sure Smurthwaite signed them

Going off memory, so I could be wrong but I seem to remember it was Pugh who used his contacts for the signings with the exception of Howkins(loan extension) and Trickett - Smith which was all down to Smurth.

Archived