January transfer window

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

One good thing is that young players at other clubs will see how we treat our young loans and that might attract them to us in the hope of long term deals in the future...i like the way we are going with that

• Like 1

McKirdy to be de-registered so I assume will be on his way.

I would quite like a young centre half with a bit of mobility, maybe on loan from a big club. Chelsea have loads (Clarke-Salter and Guehi are excelling).

14 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

One good thing is that young players at other clubs will see how we treat our young loans and that might attract them to us in the hope of long term deals in the future...i like the way we are going with that

Also look at some of the decent young players in the squad that could be not only starting this season but also be a basis for us for the next few years.

Gibbons, smith, Conlon, Taylor, Burgess, hurst, Rodney

• Like 3

Cracking signing. Infact the best signing vale have made since.... I can’t even remember! Exactly the kind of player we should be going for. Young, proven to be quality at this level and could bring us a nice fee in the future. Heard it was a 3 year deal... 3.5 even better. 

Well done all involved, he will improve this side massively. 

• Like 2

Advert:

19 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

And me. Everything is good about this deal. He’s proven to be an excellent footballer at this level. Easily good enough to play higher imo. He’s young will improve and on a 3.5 year deal. Protects the club, massive well done to all involved. I think it’s a great way to go, there’s so many young players out there at big sides that are good enough and won’t get a chance at their parent club. Loan them and sign them later. 

• Like 1

McKirdy no longer available to select (although think he could feature in the Pizza Trophy).

If we sign a striker assume Theo will be taken off the list although I’d probably keep him now... may see Cullen taken off if can’t stay fit? Unless we go for a young striker on loan which would be a better idea.

If we sign a central defender not sure who we’d take off? Whitehead maybe and loan him out?

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

Meanwhile at Crwho,defender Harry Pickering is rumoured to be moving to Blackburn Rovers for £750,000?

Perry ng is also off to Cardiff apparently. Although are sky reporting that Cardiff have had a 250k bid turned down

Advert:

If Crewe can hold on till the summer, they could sneak top 6 and flog those players for an absolute fortune in more financial stable conditions.

Pickering, Kirk, and Ng are exceptional talents. Right annoying.

• Like 2

Just now, valeparklife said:

Is this the longest contract we've ever given out? (3.5 years)

Would appear so - can't find an example of 4 years.

We all hope he will continue where he left off during his first spell, if he does then bigger clubs will be queuing up the Hamil to sign him.

I think that’s why he’s been given such a long contract as it will increase his transfer fee.

• Confused 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, Howjy04 said:

Nathan Smith?

Think you'd be correct, Howard. Looks like he signed a deal from September 2016 to June 2020.

22 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Also look at some of the decent young players in the squad that could be not only starting this season but also be a basis for us for the next few years.

Gibbons, smith, Conlon, Taylor, Burgess, hurst, Rodney

I think Carols remit is to bring younger players in and through to hopefully progress with us or be able to sell on and progress the club further,it quite excites me tbh

• Like 1