Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

He is not going leave him out I said rest him as he as look jaded lately and because my lady said that v Man City she was watching him closely (her first game lol )and said all the other 10 were running around like crazy and he was static not my words my lovelies .
Ha ha this site is so obsessed with us being tenth let’s see where we are in ten games as we just played all the weaker sides and struggled enormously .
How many games we played are we averaging about a point a game or thereabouts ,I’m not as easily impressed as most on this site .
UTV I said we need improve significantly or else and there is nothing I’ve seen since Taylor’s obmission to suggest we will reach 50 points but we will see 
UTV 

What an utterly bizarre post.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

rest him as he as look jaded lately and because my lady said that v Man City she was watching him closely and said all the other 10 were running around like crazy and he was static

Virgil van Dijk rarely breaks a sweat or gets his shorts dirty. He seems to be doing alright.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

VFIA , wow, this site is all about different opinions, but leaving Smith out ?

Smith as Jacko said is arguably player of the season, certainly in the top 3 and you want to see Vale without him ?

i'm staggered

You shouldn’t be staggered. He doesn’t like him because he’s a Stoke fan and has made that clear over the last 2 years. 

Smith is an asset to us and is one of the best defensive centre halves in the divisions. But as usual some people can’t see what’s right under their noses, maybe because a home grown player isn’t seen to be as high profile as getting someone in from another club, and for some bizarre reason players from the area seem to more vilified and come in for more stick than the other lads I think. 

Edited by PV1973

22 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

You shouldn’t be staggered. He doesn’t like him because he’s a Stoke fan and has made that clear over the last 2 years. 

Smith is an asset to us and is one of the best defensive centre halves in the divisions. But as usual some people can’t see what’s right under their noses, maybe because a home grown player isn’t seen to be as high profile as getting someone in from another club, and for some bizarre reason players from the area seem to more vilified and come in for more stick than the other lads I think. 

" His Lady" said watching her first game that Smith was jaded !! So thats that then, rest him.........No need for professional staff at Vale Park Carol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Now you have said that it rings a bell. Smith is to VFIA what Lloyd is to Ernie.

I myself was a bit critical of Smith partly because he set such high standards in his first season despite relegation. I felt he struggled for a while in League 2 but he has proved clowns like me totally wrong and has come back with some outstanding form , i think Legge is a great mentor.

There are no agendas whether Smith is a Stoke fan, Liverpool or Curzon Ashton, fan . It makes no odds as long as he gives everything on the pitch.

Jaded my A**E 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

He is not going leave him out I said rest him as he as look jaded lately and because my lady said that v Man City she was watching him closely (her first game lol )and said all the other 10 were running around like crazy and he was static not my words my lovelies .

So your missus, who had never seen him before, decided to watch him closely (no doubt at your instigation to reinforce your prejudice!) and she reckoned he looked jaded .... despite never having seen him play before.  And despite watching Smith all game she had time to notice that the other 10 were all running round furiously??

Not your words I agree, not ever you are that daft!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've been sceptical over Smith's contributions the last few seasons but he's my player of the year so far.

Not a single bad game. Loves a scrap.

First name on the team sheet.

• Like 4

Dunna be silly

Ha ha this site is so obsessed with us being tenth let’s see where we are in ten games as we just played all the weaker sides and struggled enormously .
How many games we played are we averaging about a point a game or thereabouts ,I’m not as easily impressed as most on this site .
UTV I said we need improve significantly or else and there is nothing I’ve seen since Taylor’s obmission to suggest we will reach 50 points but we will see 
UTV 

Just hope Saturday we are on the front foot and take the game to them from the first minute and don’t sit back and leave the pope isolated up top as we have done in a lot of games lately 

• Like 1

I hope we go 2 up top.

Don't care about the result, performance, attendance, or league position, just give me 2 up top.

I want 2 up top.

2 up top please Askey.

On when the 2 up top go marching in.

The Wonder of 2 Up Top

2 Up Top FC

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

What an utterly bizarre post.

I only see his posts in quotation but by golly gosh he doesn't half write some <ovf censored>. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So your missus, who had never seen him before, decided to watch him closely (no doubt at your instigation to reinforce your prejudice!) and she reckoned he looked jaded .... despite never having seen him play before.  And despite watching Smith all game she had time to notice that the other 10 were all running round furiously??

Not your words I agree, not ever you are that daft!!

Prejudice there is no prejudice towards any player at Vale from me .

Smiths done very well this season I never said he had not .

Im a bit daft yeah admittedly but there’s no malice in me .

I hardly go as have a life but like to hear we doing well ,being the odd game about 6 and they have performed well in them (probably down to my encouragement mainly ).

UTV 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Prejudice there is no prejudice towards any player at Vale from me .

Smiths done very well this season I never said he had not .

Im a bit daft yeah admittedly but there’s no malice in me .

I hardly go as have a life but like to hear we doing well ,being the odd game about 6 and they have performed well in them (probably down to my encouragement mainly ).

UTV 

Sorry if my remark was offensive - it was intended as a joke but failed miserably.  I was just surprised that your missus was able to reach conclusions about Smith on such flimsy evidence.

Mrs TW thought Gibbo was MOTM, because he's small. Ms TW gave it to Monty, because he has his own style. Jnr gave it to Smithy, but changed his mind to Pope, because he's got Pope on the back of his shirt, I've got Smithy.

All opinions innit?

But Smithy for me is a very very tidy player. Consistent, no fuss. Did you mention to the good lady VFIA that he was up against Aguero?

VFIA's heart is in the right place. But yeah, he has a Ernie-esque  blind spot with Smithy. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Sorry if my remark was offensive - it was intended as a joke but failed miserably.  I was just surprised that your missus was able to reach conclusions about Smith on such flimsy evidence.

It’s ok I’m not easily offended I usually laugh along anyway .

My gf daughter went school with Nathan so it was not meant that he was crap as he obviously is not and I’m hoping Vale will get a offer for him in the window cause that will prove he is having a fine season which he is .

I have said things about him before and I do regret those comments somewhat just at the time it’s hard for me get me  head around if you support your biggest rivals and play for the team majority of there support can not stand .

Anyway we have to trust him to wanna be great for Vale and he is being so that’s forgotten about .

Anyway it’s a massive game sat and I hope the fans back the fiver off cause if you want lower prices then if you do not attend when it’s a reasonable price you ain’t ever going attend .

Five tickets I got for the etihad the other week for 40 quid that’s the way go .

A family ticket the way go .

39 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

It’s ok I’m not easily offended I usually laugh along anyway .

My gf daughter went school with Nathan so it was not meant that he was crap as he obviously is not and I’m hoping Vale will get a offer for him in the window cause that will prove he is having a fine season which he is .

I have said things about him before and I do regret those comments somewhat just at the time it’s hard for me get me  head around if you support your biggest rivals and play for the team majority of there support can not stand .

Anyway we have to trust him to wanna be great for Vale and he is being so that’s forgotten about .

Anyway it’s a massive game sat and I hope the fans back the fiver off cause if you want lower prices then if you do not attend when it’s a reasonable price you ain’t ever going attend .

Five tickets I got for the etihad the other week for 40 quid that’s the way go .

A family ticket the way go .

You are a very loveable nutter VFiA.

No idea what side we should go with tomorrow. Is everyone sufficiently rested from Tuesday? Were there any injury niggles? I’m not convinced we can play Joyce and Conlon together. But maybe the fact Taylor is out means our hands are tied and with Conlon being left footed it does add some balance. But personally I think I’d go with Atkinson and Burgess in the midfield with Joyce. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toyahw said:

You are a very loveable nutter VFiA.

Read your comments on here and Port  Vale online think you make a lot of valid points .

After all you watch every game I do not as if I’m not at the game can only watch it on Vale till I die sporadically as I’m not There shouting for them ,so I cannot influences the players level of performance through encouragement so say in a 90 minute stream watch about 20 minutes of it and switch off .

Spent many a afternoon up the Vale but life changes and you have to be unselfish with your choices ,part of me wants be there tomoz but I’m still fuming with what we produced (or a better phrase what we didn’t )at Morecambe so at present think it’s best not to be present tomoz ,going away on Sunday morning so want be a top frame of mind enjoy me short vacation away in Somerset in a pod with jacuzzi.

Enjoy the game and I hope the performance is of a team who want to over achieve and reach the play offs and not just go through the motions and let the season fizzle out to nothing with just season tickets holders only present .