Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Looks like Cullen is the only striker up front, so hope he's prepared to get some battering off the 2 defenders marking him out of the game, which is what happens to Pope when he plays by himself.

Just hope some of the players turn up today and actually want to win.  Come on Vale, the fans have not given up on you and feel we could make the play offs.  The team has shown they can play and play with some style when all the players turn up and show some fight.

15 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’d like to think that the £15 ticket might work but can’t see it myself, please prove me wrong. I believe this is a stunt by Mr Garlick trying to cover his back for not issuing vouchers at our home games against Walsall and Cheltenham to prioritise the MCFC games.

Not sure of your logic here? We were always going to sell out our allocation; and they were always going to go to season ticket holders - that priority Is one of the perks associated with buying a season ticket? It isn't as if we were at home and trying to get 15k+ supporters in - then, maybe, offering vouchers for cut-price tickets would have increased the gates for the games at which they were offered? But we couldn't sell any more than we were allocated for the City game!

Come on Vale, two sitters and both missed.  Hope this is not the pattern we will see today.  90% of play, 20 shots on target and Leyton Orient win 1-0 with their only strike at goal.

Good game that. We’ve knocked it around well but just lacking in the final third, although Cullen, to be fair has had a good half. They’ve had a good and have got a couple of dangerous forward players but look suspect at the back. Could quite easily be 2-2 with both teams having missed two gilt-edged chances each. 

Missed two sitters and denied the clearest penalty you'll ever see by the ever present incompetent in the middle. Frustrating.

Seriously, that penalty. Montano dragged to the ground by his shirt while the referee was in line looking directly at it. Get the numbnut demoted. 

Birchall just saying that their are a lot of players who need their contracts sorting or they will walk in the summer and Smith is the one that should be sorted quicker and pay him what he wants, as he will walk for nothing or a vastly reduced compensation fee.

The players and JA and Co will probably be sorting this sort of thing out now.  Well I hope so.  Do we really need another summer of trying to build a squad again.  Only if its getting rid of the fringe players which will not make the squad.

What a miss that was from Atkinson and oh for a Popey type forwars to be on the back stick against their full back for some of those chances we’ve created there. In fact both their full backs look vulnerable, we’re having a lot of joy down their left hand side with Amoo and Gibbo, and I think we’ve played some really nice stuff at times. Brown made a great save but their lad was offside for that and someone lost their runner from midfield not long before that. But overall I think we can beat these.

Edited by PV1973

Birchall saying Pope should have been on and he would have put the ball in the net today.  The question he should have been asked was - if Pope was on, would we have seen this type of play - ie playing it on the ground and getting crosses into the box from the line?

Personally don't think we would have done - it would have been loft the ball into the penalty area from the half way line and then let Pope hold the ball up while the midfield trot up there to help him.  Meanwhile 2 defenders batter Pope and the ref just watches him.

• Thanks 1

Great game, how it's still goal less I'll never know. Cullen's movement and distribution has been superb just a pity Pope isn't on the pitch as well, conundrum for JA at HT Vale have just been excellent as a team but just not scored a goal.

They've got some dangerous players, the No 9 Connor Wilkinson looks like he could create something.

Birchall also saying negotiations not going well between the club and Smith... and he knows Birmingham are monitoring him.

Is he just trying to get his mate a better deal through the media?

Great game, how it's still goal less I'll never know. Cullen's movement and distribution has been superb just a pity Pope isn't on the pitch as well, conundrum for JA at HT Vale have just been excellent as a team but just not scored a goal.
They've got some dangerous players, the No 9 Connor Wilkinson looks like he could create something.

Cullens doing ok

Cullens doing ok

1 minute ago, osprey said:

Cullens doing ok

It's what I said Osprey, not suggesting Pope comes on for Cullen, it's like the 14 club rule in golf, the one you need you've left in your car boot.

• Like 1

Gibbons you hero.  Again their player has the time to place the shot.

Come on Vale - sort it out and JA and Co, change the front to 2 strikers and give it a go.