Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

3 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Who else isn’t surprised that Ernie doesn’t understand what “blocked” means and is still trying to have an argument 😂😂

You should block him, it makes reading this forum so much better and the standard of debate is more constructive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Of course it was brave. He dropped/rested a club legend and our sole provider of goals for the last 2 seasons. Imagine the anti Askey sentiment on here had we lost the game and Bennett had a stinker. 

Pope did absolutely nothing wrong at Salford and certainly isn't in need of a rest just yet. Four games in you pick your strongest side. Surprisingly Pope wasn't picked.

It was brave and now shows that at least we don't rely on one bloke to save us. I'll repeat what another poster said, to play like that without Oyeleke and Pope was unthinkable.

Askey has a nice headache now when it comes to team selection. Pope will react brilliantly as he did when scoring winners against Cobblers and Crewe from the bench last season thus getting his place back 

I disagree. It’s a squad game and rotation is important (hasn’t Askey stated he wants his squad to feel they are close to the first team?). Man City don’t play David Silva every week and he’s as much a legend for his team as Pope is for Vale.

For the first time in years we have options, not using them would be stupid, not cowardly, which is how you could interpret not making a “brave decision”.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

It would be better to give Whitfield a shirt rather than Askeys love child.

14 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

I should have blocked you but I,m not so childish.

Of course you’re not 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

Thought 5 was optimistic should have been 2.

Ernie lad. I don't think a huge number on here were elated at signing Lloyd back , myself included. 

However he is now playing for us whether you like it or not and I applauded him into the pitch on Tuesday.

Did you also note the superb ball at Salford that split their defence leading to the move where Bennett missed his sitter ? No I thought not.

Give the lad a chance like the rest of us have. At this rate you are mentioning his name more than you did Dodds. 

Can you not see the bigger picture that it looks fingers crossed to be a closer nit squad and one that should do way better. I can hand on heart say that Tuesday was one of the most enjoyable performances in recent times yet instead of rejoicing in it you keep harping on about one player. 

I will reiterate I wasn't jumping through hoops when we signed him back but I am 100% supporting him because he plays for OUR team

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Ernie lad. I don't think a huge number on here were elated at signing Lloyd back , myself included. 

However he is now playing for us whether you like it or not and I applauded him into the pitch on Tuesday.

Did you also note the superb ball at Salford that split their defence leading to the move where Bennett missed his sitter ? No I thought not.

Give the lad a chance like the rest of us have. At this rate you are mentioning his name more than you did Dodds. 

Can you not see the bigger picture that it looks fingers crossed to be a closer nit squad and one that should do way better. I can hand on heart say that Tuesday was one of the most enjoyable performances in recent times yet instead of rejoicing in it you keep harping on about one player. 

I will reiterate I wasn't jumping through hoops when we signed him back but I am 100% supporting him because he plays for OUR team

That post is a waste of breath I’m afraid Darren (or whatever the typing equivalent is)

Ern pushes his negative agenda too far on purpose to get attention. Best to just block him and move on... it makes this forum a thousand times better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

It would be better to give Whitfield a shirt rather than Askeys love child.

Do you have DNA evidence to support this assertion or are you just talking out of your bottom again??

18 hours ago, Mario said:

You should block him, it makes reading this forum so much better and the standard of debate is more constructive.

Amen to that --  He is as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit

Edited by pensioner
spelling mistake