onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Northampton are a physical team. In the previous game Aaron Pierre was sent off. The team i'd go for is:

Brown

Clark, Legge, Howkins, Crookes

Manny, Joyce, Conlon

Worrall, Pope, Hannant

Hopefully it wont be a repeat of the last time we were there. Only Nathan Smith remains from the squad on that day!

I'd think Browny would save their last minute strike from that game!

Advert

I'd think Browny would save their last minute strike from that game!

Yep was not the best from behind the goal. Fasan got a fair bit of stick for it afterwards :laugh: It's good to have a proper number one goalkeeper in our side again.

I actually thought Crookes was really poor last week. I would prefer to see Clark at left back and Gibbo back in but I can’t see him changing the back four. Pope has to come back in for me. Miller was garbage on Saturday. Prefer Montano to Hannant because he is more likely to beat a man and has a better scoring record. So for me it would be:

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Clark

Joyce

Oyeleke

Conlon

Worrall

Montano

Pope

None of us know how training has gone and what type of game Northampton play.

If they're physical then I can see merit in continuing with Crookes (they all have poor games sometimes) and thinking about Pope's fitness.

In away games especially you have to hold up the ball and get up the pitch and it worries me a little that Miller struggles to make the ball stick.

Wonderful response from Askey is response to being linked to the Oldham job. Saying he wants to manage Vale next season.

Really great for helping to give us a bit of certainly for next year. He clearly has turned us around to a point and I hope his loyalty is rewarded.

Players will be playing for there futures elsewhere if admin happens so i wouldnt know what expect from the team tomoz .

Its a big game as they all are and id like to see the away following having something celebrate .

Team well last week was very good till fgr changed 2 of there players so id go with the same team again and hope we get the goals our first half performance deserved last week but was not forthcoming .

If not Popey gotta come on as he is a exceptional player on his day well by my reckoning out of the remaining games we need 3 wins to be sure of finishing in the league ,but with been hit with 12 point deduction we have to aim win every remaining game UTV .

Players will be playing for there futures elsewhere if admin happens so i wouldnt know what expect from the team tomoz .

Its a big game as they all are and id like to see the away following having something celebrate .

Team well last week was very good till fgr changed 2 of there players so id go with the same team again and hope we get the goals our first half performance deserved last week but was not forthcoming .

If not Popey gotta come on as he is a exceptional player on his day well by my reckoning out of the remaining games we need 3 wins to be sure of finishing in the league ,but with been hit with 12 point deduction we have to aim win every remaining game UTV .

Any points deduction would be next season, not this, so although it would be very nice to win all our remaining games, it wouldn’t make any difference regarding points deduction.

I can't see us winning another game now, you could tell last Saturday that the mood in the camp had switched from positive to negative. Only 9 of our players are under contract beyond the season end I think and the threat of administration has made everyone think about their next club. Brilliant demotivational speaking by The Owner. I bet Askey is looking elsewhere despite his positive talk in the papers.

Wonderful response from Askey is response to being linked to the Oldham job. Saying he wants to manage Vale next season.

Really great for helping to give us a bit of certainly for next year. He clearly has turned us around to a point and I hope his loyalty is rewarded.

I would have been staggered if he had said anything else at this point. He's hardly likely to say 'Yes I want to join Oldham'

Wonder if the players have a big cut out of Gorman in the dressing room and removing something from the picture everytime they win. Like in the comedy baseball film in the 80's.

Feel for the staff and players having to deal with this mess of Gorman's making. Just hope Colin Garlick sorts it out soon and Gorman is actually speaking to him while keeping away from Vale Park. Tho I doubt that is happening when it comes to selling the young players off till the last minute.

Still no sign of the Asian consortium.

3 points would be nice to lift the gloom over Vale Park at the moment. The sooner we get to 13 points in front of the 2nd to bottom team the better.

Wonder if the players have a big cut out of Gorman in the dressing room and removing something from the picture everytime they win. Like in the comedy baseball film in the 80's.

Feel for the staff and players having to deal with this mess of Gorman's making. Just hope Colin Garlick sorts it out soon and Gorman is actually speaking to him while keeping away from Vale Park. Tho I doubt that is happening when it comes to selling the young players off till the last minute.

Still no sign of the Asian consortium.

3 points would be nice to lift the gloom over Vale Park at the moment. The sooner we get to 13 points in front of the 2nd to bottom team the better.

Norman doesnt get it, in his mind because he says it he thinks the fanbase believe it. The reality is that the fanbase have absolutely no confidence in anything he says. Asian buyers , still laughing at that one. If people who relied on me didn't believe a word I said I would be devastated. That's the difference completely alternative moral filters but that's the world that he operates in.

Archived