onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

The team is playing better because it is being coached and managed better. Got the best team on the pitch, with good tactics and players have confidence.

Certain players who were out of favour and we won’t know why have also made a difference. Wozza is like a new signing!

A few players fell out of favour over Aspins time but a fresh start seems to have breathed new life into them. Legge, Miller, Conlon and Worrall for example.

That and Manny back to fitness have been major boosts. When fully fit we look a different level with a fit Manny running the midfield.

Dropping Kay has helped as it has also given us the legs and ability to break quickly on teams.

Advert

Certain players who were out of favour and we won’t know why have also made a difference. Wozza is like a new signing!

A few players fell out of favour over Aspins time but a fresh start seems to have breathed new life into them. Legge, Miller, Conlon and Worrall for example.

That and Manny back to fitness have been major boosts. When fully fit we look a different level with a fit Manny running the midfield.

Dropping Kay has helped as it has also given us the legs and ability to break quickly on teams.

Yes and we still have Gibbons and Whitfield to come on off the bench.

Yes and we still have Gibbons and Whitfield to come on off the bench.

Whitfield is a shame as a talent but Askey doesn’t seem keen either, that said we are in a position where Ben isn’t missed currently but on his day he’s a match winner.

Vales head of media.

I tackled the steward after the game and he said the turning point was when Max told him to F off.

Was that the same steward who was actually trying to gee the Vale fans up and encouraged us to shout louder?

Was away in Portugal, I cannot believe that we won at the weekend, what a win! When I saw the sending off, I’d given up any hope completely!

Askey deserves massive credit for the belief and way the team are now playing. I have to admit after the 1st 4 games... I was not a supporter, but I’m converted!

History told us it was game over when we went behind, never mind going down to 10 men.

Most pleasing for me was Askeys tactical adjustments.

He had been putting a heavy emphasis on work rate and fitness.

Whilst they are important, I was becoming a little concerned about his ability to change things during the game.

I hope that this is a sign of things to come.

Also great to use both Miller AND Pope.

They are so different, it is briiant, as defenders have to adjust to totally different threats.

Ideal scenario in my view.

I will cut aspin some slack , having not walked in his shoes when dealing with our current owner n god knows what was/could be going on behind the scenes and the reasons why..

Think we have all said a fit on form -Worrall, legge & manny were crucial to the team performing and its seems it wasn't always football reasons why the first 2 weren't being played..Aspin saved us last year and will always I will be grateful and perhaps got worn down by the process here as well as making some mistakes this year.

Having said that after the first 4 games Askey has come into his own ,perhaps he had nothing to lose ,less pressure with a 3month contract but the football is excellent still with the minimal quality of the squad.

Well done all the staff for performing in such harsh conditions especially some who could walk away at the end of the season and just done enough to get by,, shows they care and are working for the manager hopefully a good solid foundation to build on

Archived