onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectic`s owner statement

valeblue

You have to speculate to accumulate, our cut price squad has come close to losing our league status.

Better than a third period of admin.

It’s high time the club became self sufficient, that hasn’t been the case since the days of Rudge and Bell.

The marketing team are a shambles as is the fact that there has been nothing to attract new generations of fans under the age the age of retirement.

Advert

We had a side under Page close to that. Unless they have players worth millions on long term contracts, it won’t add much to the squad.

In fact, if Coventry are in debt as rumoured such an expensive squad is a liability, not an asset.

I’d say we did under Micky when we finished 9th, not under Page, there was never a danger of us pushing on under him, we’d simply played more games giving us a false position.

I don't think your first assumption is correct. The paper trail suggests it was the owner who provided the cash for Wildes rather than the other way round. The ground was also separated from the club at the very beginning, not after Wildes left.
Jacko that may may not be the case,

but would ask if our owner is all that with the financial clout he claims he would have bought us from admin solely .

also why has wildes who seems to have far more business interests taken monies off smurthwaite and front the buy out from admin..wouldn't they have smelt something

Smurthwaite can't be as rich as he makes out otherwise he wouldn't have been employed as an ifa/insurance broker for other companies.

My guess he has directors loans to the cost of other partys who in turn funded him initially with all other monies now going into his back pocket as profit.

At the end of the day the club is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. However I would expect Accountants have a method of calculating a guideline price based on recent comparatives and a bit of jiggery pokery.

There's supposed to be two offers in for Notts County at the moment, those offers would be a good guideline to the value of PVFC.

To me, Synetics offer seems high given what Smurthwaite paid for an on the up, debt free club 6 years ago, inflation has been low over the last 6 years and PVFC loses 70k..ish a month according to the owner.

If I was Smurthwaite I would have snapped their hands off. I just wonder what his motives are.

Mate there are so many people who ain't renewing AT ALL that the idea of holding back your money is irrelevant.

Season ticket sales will definitely not exceed 2000 and may well not reach 1500, very possibly less.

Anyone who thinks this is bluff is really unaware of the feelings among the ranks.

Smurthwaite says he isn’t bothered about season ticket sales which really means he probably is.

Also he says he would never sell to that woman so how is he going to generate season ticket income and who else would be silly enough to offer him what Synectics have offered.

The man is a deluded fool who lives in cloud cuckoo land and probably stands in front of the mirror every day saying I am a clever businessman to himself.

but would ask if our owner is all that with the financial clout he claims he would have bought us from admin solely.

I'm pretty sure he did but happy to be proved wrong. He certainly loaned £700,000 to Alchemy Land to buy the ground. He gave the loan from his company Falcon Alliance.

also why has wildes who seems to have far more business interests taken monies off smurthwaite and front the buy out from admin..wouldn't they have smelt something

I assume the administrator simply wanted proof of funding.

Smurthwaite can't be as rich as he makes out otherwise he wouldn't have been employed as an ifa/insurance broker for other companies.

Which other companies has he been employed by??

I'm pretty sure he did but happy to be proved wrong. He certainly loaned £700,000 to Alchemy Land to buy the ground. He gave the loan from his company Falcon Alliance.

Smurthwaite just used Wilde’s as his go between because we all know how good his negotiating skills are because he enjoys Pi@@ing people off.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/7057613-norman-smurthwaite?page=companies

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/01074937-kendall-white-and-company-limited?page=people-contacts

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/OC318625-imic-agency-llp?page=people-contacts

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/7057613-norman-smurthwaite?page=companies

a few links which says insurance broker / ifa / one a secretary yes director but not there long in some cases unlike paul wildes which shows him as managing director .

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/search/?q=paul+wildes

surely a self made multi millionaire for a long time wouldn't messing about as an insurance broker for an odd year or 2

all free info , I may be joining the dots some right others not but it doesn't stack up

but would ask if our owner is all that with the financial clout he claims he would have bought us from admin solely .

My guess he has directors loans to the cost of other partys who in turn funded him initially with all other monies now going into his back pocket as profit.

companycheck.co.uk/director/911042066/MR-PAUL-EDWARD-WILDES/summary

It’s high time the club became self sufficient, that hasn’t been the case since the days of Rudge and Bell.

The marketing team are a shambles as is the fact that there has been nothing to attract new generations of fans under the age the age of retirement.

I agree. However Smurfwaite has been quoted at saying the same thing.

The sad reality is a fully self sufficient Vale in league 2 with 4,000 gates will never, ever see football better than league 1 again.

That is why fans are so important and we all need to go as much as we can and invest in our club.

I may be alone here but a Port Vale That has fans spending money and going to games is more likely to be sold than an unappealing situation of self harm where we again starve out the existing owner.

Unless of course Smurfwaite gets made to feel uncomfortable which is where the protests can be really successful.

Your mate Norman is to blame for the marketing team

I have not had a season ticket for years but walk to Burslem today to hand over cash should Synectics take control of the club. If they have to pay over the odds then I plead with them to do so as I am sure we can shift close on £2 million in season ticket sales given this could be a new beginning. Let's get season tickets pledged let's get rid of the asset stripper once and for all. Port Vale must go into its 144th year as a league club, and in years to come my kids will hear about Stanley Matthews being our manager, Roy Sproson playing hundreds of games for just one club, John Rudge ruling the potteries in the 1990's. Nobody will remember some blue faced joke of an owner as long as we act now.

I have not had a season ticket for years but walk to Burslem today to hand over cash should Synectics take control of the club. If they have to pay over the odds then I plead with them to do so as I am sure we can shift close on £2 million in season ticket sales given this could be a new beginning. Let's get season tickets pledged let's get rid of the asset stripper once and for all. Port Vale must go into its 144th year as a league club, and in years to come my kids will hear about Stanley Matthews being our manager, Roy Sproson playing hundreds of games for just one club, John Rudge ruling the potteries in the 1990's. Nobody will remember some blue faced joke of an owner as long as we act now.

The club and it's supporters will outshine any 'rogue' owner. My only hope is that if Synectics do persue their offer then it has to be for the 'WHOLE' club ground et al. Nothing short of that will work and will only lead to further financial restraints under Smurthwaite. I'm sure there will be enough support both financially and sponsorship wise to guide them through - I do hope so. I must say that administration could lead to other unwanted money grabbing prospectors, there would be no guarantee Synectics would be preferred bidders. Administrators and the EFL have a lot to answer for.

Archived