onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectic`s owner statement

valeblue

I've said it before as a pie in the sky thing, but there was a time not so long ago that the regeneration of Middleport and re introduction of the old Burslem Branch Canal, seemed a perfect place for a new stadium. Burslem within walking distance. Vale as the anchor to draw in other investment. Hotel. Museum. Restaurants. Apartments. Jobs. Incredibly ambitious and years in the making, but would be great to see happen. Just seeing Smurthwaite lumbered with a piece of land no one wants, whilst Vale flourish in a regenerated part of Burslem / Middleport ...if only.

Joint ventures Vale/Council at Trubshaw or Northwood?

Advert

Surely a relocation factor apart from cost would be transport links mainly road, but Longport has a station in the North of the city.

Trubshaw is a 5 minute walk to Longport.The pitches are mainly used for Lads and Dads.No reason to stop that.Vale development and academy use Northwood already.

Smurthwaite says he isn’t bothered about season ticket sales which really means he probably is.

Also he says he would never sell to that woman so how is he going to generate season ticket income and who else would be silly enough to offer him what Synectics have offered.

The man is a deluded fool who lives in cloud cuckoo land and probably stands in front of the mirror every day saying I am a clever businessman to himself.

Standing in front of the mirror saying it to the only person who believes it.

Perhaps the only way to overcome ground sentiment is being forced into a move, although the generation that went to the 40k plus games is fading away as will the opposition to a move. The alternative of rebuilding Vale Park and keeping Lorne St no longer an option.

I agree. I actually think we are held back by Vale Park. It's going to need a lot of maintenance work in the future (e.g Railway stand), the sightlines are not great, it's got awful transport links and parking and as a result it's potential to generate non-football revenue is limited.

Yes, grounds like Walsall are box-like but they don't all have to be like that with a bit of imagination.

But looking at Walsall, they make a fortune (think it is £500,000 per annum just from the animated sign facing the M6) let alone the markets, conferences etc.

For me, Vale's future would be more secure with a modern stadium, near a major road which can tap into things like concerts, conferences and the like. Just don't make it one which looks like a DIY Store.

But perhaps I am jumping the gun - we need to secure a decent immediate future for the club first.

I agree. I actually think we are held back by Vale Park. It's going to need a lot of maintenance work in the future (e.g Railway stand), the sightlines are not great, it's got awful transport links and parking and as a result it's potential to generate non-football revenue is limited.

Yes, grounds like Walsall are box-like but they don't all have to be like that with a bit of imagination.

But looking at Walsall, they make a fortune (think it is £500,000 per annum just from the animated sign facing the M6) let alone the markets, conferences etc.

For me, Vale's future would be more secure with a modern stadium, near a major road which can tap into things like concerts, conferences and the like. Just don't make it one which looks like a DIY Store.

But perhaps I am jumping the gun - we need to secure a decent immediate future for the club first.

Down by the A500? that would tick a lot of boxes as long as there is public transport on match days.

In addition there are plans afoot to make a lot of the streets around Vale Park residents only because of complaints from locals leading to parking in match days.

A lot to go through in the next 5 weeks, but a new ground wouldn’t be a bad idea. Rotherham’s ground is a nice modern stadium , with great facilities , and comfortable seats with perfect sightlines .

With fingers , toes and everything else crossed for a good outcome for all Vale fans, perhaps 2020 would be a good year to move house. I would be crying for a few days , but it would pass. Onwards and upwards. UTV

Archived