onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectic`s owner statement

valeblue

The club and it's supporters will outshine any 'rogue' owner. My only hope is that if Synectics do persue their offer then it has to be for the 'WHOLE' club ground et al. Nothing short of that will work and will only lead to further financial restraints under Smurthwaite. I'm sure there will be enough support both financially and sponsorship wise to guide them through - I do hope so. I must say that administration could lead to other unwanted money grabbing prospectors, there would be no guarantee Synectics would be preferred bidders. Administrators and the EFL have a lot to answer for.

I'd call his bluff personally. I take your point about the new owners in admin, but I'd be prepared to let him have the ground. Announce temp ground sharing discussions, look for viable sites to build stadium using money saved from not purchasing the ground, and leave him with absolutely nothing of any value. Clean sweep. Ideally doesn't affect league status, but if it does, the ground swell of joy following his removal will benefit the club short and long term, making us competitive wherever we end up.

Advert

I'd call his bluff personally. I take your point about the new owners in admin, but I'd be prepared to let him have the ground. Announce temp ground sharing discussions, look for viable sites to build stadium using money saved from not purchasing the ground, and leave him with absolutely nothing of any value. Clean sweep. Ideally doesn't affect league status, but if it does, the ground swell of joy following his removal will benefit the club short and long term, making us competitive wherever we end up.

Let him have the ground.Get new stadium.Leave him with absolutely nothing of any value.Total clean sweep.Then ........ Bury (a voodoo doll of) him under the Bycars ...........

Let him have the ground.Get new stadium.Leave him with absolutely nothing of any value.Total clean sweep.Then ........ Bury (a voodoo doll of) him under the Bycars ...........

Ideal location between A500 Longport and Burslem, so within walking distance of town centre to maintain community connection? Any suitable sites? Would Steelite sponsor it?

How about keeping the ground in Burslem. Build a new one on the existing training pitches which is council owned land for which the Vale pay a peppercorn rent? If the existing ground is made a community asset we get two stadiums for the price of one!!

Ideal location between A500 Longport and Burslem, so within walking distance of town centre to maintain community connection? Any suitable sites? Would Steelite sponsor it?

The old Doulton site behind the college would be ideal, not entirely sure it’s a big enough site but I’d love a new stadium with steeper stands. As much as Vale Park holds a lot of sentimental value to us all, it’s unfinished and old fashioned! Plenty of other clubs have managed to put sentiment behind them and moved to new grounds.

I’d also love it if Gorman was left without the club and a ground/land nobody wants.

The old Doulton site behind the college would be ideal, not entirely sure it’s a big enough site but I’d love a new stadium with steeper stands. As much as Vale Park holds a lot of sentimental value to us all, it’s unfinished and old fashioned! Plenty of other clubs have managed to put sentiment behind them and moved to new grounds.

I’d also love it if Gorman was left without the club and a ground/land nobody wants.

The council have just given a grant to St Modwen to build houses on the Doultons site.

There is probably enough space on the old Acme Marls site at the bottom of Burslem plus plenty of parking.

The Chatterley Valley site is ripe for development at the bottom end of Tunstall and easy access from the A500.

Perhaps the only way to overcome ground sentiment is being forced into a move, although the generation that went to the 40k plus games is fading away as will the opposition to a move. The alternative of rebuilding Vale Park and keeping Lorne St no longer an option.

The council have just given a grant to St Modwen to build houses on the Doultons site.

There is probably enough space on the old Acme Marls site at the bottom of Burslem plus plenty of parking.

The Chatterley Valley site is ripe for development at the bottom end of Tunstall and easy access from the A500.

I didn’t realise that! I’d certainly prefer we stayed in Burslem and not end up with one of these silly out of town stadiums that seem to be the recent thing most clubs are doing.

I didn’t realise that! I’d certainly prefer we stayed in Burslem and not end up with one of these silly out of town stadiums that seem to be the recent thing most clubs are doing.

We used to play in Hanley at the Old Recreation Ground, where I used to play as a kid before it was demolished. So Burslem, much as we all love it, isn't be the only place we could look for a new site. One thing in our favour, wherever we might look, is that land throughout the Potteries is relatively cheap compared to elsewhere. It also needs investment so I guess also that we might reasonably expect assistance from the Council, if not financially then in terms of planning, location, access to urban development funding and other sources of finance.

There is a lot to be said to look on our current plight as an opportunity to develop the club with new owners who have the club and community's interests at heart. Other clubs in similar circumstances, as unpromising as things look now, have gone on to better things from virtual disaster. Time for a bit of optimism among all the despair.

The best thing about this is that we will survive and hopefully thrive while Norman is a footnote in history, over which we can draw a huge veil.

How about keeping the ground in Burslem. Build a new one on the existing training pitches which is council owned land for which the Vale pay a peppercorn rent? If the existing ground is made a community asset we get two stadiums for the price of one!!

Thats not how an asset of community value works.

We used to play in Hanley at the Old Recreation Ground, where I used to play as a kid before it was demolished. So Burslem, much as we all love it, isn't be the only place we could look for a new site. One thing in our favour, wherever we might look, is that land throughout the Potteries is relatively cheap compared to elsewhere. It also needs investment so I guess also that we might reasonably expect assistance from the Council, if not financially then in terms of planning, location, access to urban development funding and other sources of finance.

There is a lot to be said to look on our current plight as an opportunity to develop the club with new owners who have the club and community's interests at heart. Other clubs in similar circumstances, as unpromising as things look now, have gone on to better things from virtual disaster. Time for a bit of optimism among all the despair.

The best thing about this is that we will survive and hopefully thrive while Norman is a footnote in history, over which we can draw a huge veil.

I used to play on there as a kid, are you from Hanley then originally?

I mentioned keeping the ground in Burslem mainly because of the local business/pubs that depend on the club a lot of which are run by Vale fans.

I’ve just been on Carol’s Twitter and the difference between her and Gorman is astronomical. What a genuinely decent woman she appears to be. She is exactly what this club needs. If we go into admin then everything needs to be done to ensure she is the preferred bidder.

Burslem is Vale, Vale is Burslem and I can't imagine it any other way.

Archived