onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectic`s owner statement

valeblue

This is a joke right ? Straight out of the Smurthwaite book of jokes.

Conrad mentioned Lyme Valley stadium.Feel free to have a dig at him.My preference would be to build,in a joint venture with the council,a new stadium at Trubshaw Cross.Plenty of room there.Failing that ,my front garden.I won’t charge rent.

Advert

I agree. I actually think we are held back by Vale Park. It's going to need a lot of maintenance work in the future (e.g Railway stand), the sightlines are not great, it's got awful transport links and parking and as a result it's potential to generate non-football revenue is limited.

Yes, grounds like Walsall are box-like but they don't all have to be like that with a bit of imagination.

But looking at Walsall, they make a fortune (think it is £500,000 per annum just from the animated sign facing the M6) let alone the markets, conferences etc.

For me, Vale's future would be more secure with a modern stadium, near a major road which can tap into things like concerts, conferences and the like. Just don't make it one which looks like a DIY Store.

But perhaps I am jumping the gun - we need to secure a decent immediate future for the club first.

Rotherham is a good example

Conrad mentioned Lyme Valley stadium.Feel free to have a dig at him.My preference would be to build,in a joint venture with the council,a new stadium at Trubshaw Cross.Plenty of room there.Failing that ,my front garden.I won’t charge rent.

In lieu of rent grab the catering rights.

Little bit of research and from memory, Rotherham ground £20m, Shrewsbury £15m, Colchester £15m, Chesterfield £12m. Sounds alot but if sponsorship or investment is sort after plus the new owners with a donation maybe even approach Mr William's for a sponsored stand for 20 years in return for a payment towards the stand. It could really be achieved, people will laugh but why not all the above have done it so why not us??

Just put this on the Asian consortium thread but on reflection it's better here.

Having local owners appeals and as far as anyone is aware Synectics are the only bidders in that category, so I wouldn't object to their taking over.

Big question though, and please don't shoot me down because this is a genuine question. Are the Shanahans sufficiently experienced in football matters to run the club? I know they're involved with the trust but I would have thought that they were vastly different bodies.

When Smurthwaite and Wildes took over it was quite clear that Wildes was the brains of the operation, Smurthwaite being the money man. I think most people would agree that our problems date from the Wildes departure.

So, do the Shanahans either have or have access to the required knowledge of running a football club? I don't mean better than Norm; I've got more experience than Norm. I'd just like assurance that it's at least on a par if not better than any number of successfully run clubs.

Just put this on the Asian consortium thread but on reflection it's better here.

Having local owners appeals and as far as anyone is aware Synectics are the only bidders in that category, so I wouldn't object to their taking over.

Big question though, and please don't shoot me down because this is a genuine question. Are the Shanahans sufficiently experienced in football matters to run the club? I know they're involved with the trust but I would have thought that they were vastly different bodies.

When Smurthwaite and Wildes took over it was quite clear that Wildes was the brains of the operation, Smurthwaite being the money man. I think most people would agree that our problems date from the Wildes departure.

So, do the Shanahans either have or have access to the required knowledge of running a football club? I don't mean better than Norm; I've got more experience than Norm. I'd just like assurance that it's at least on a par if not better than any number of successfully run clubs.

I answered on that thread,H.CS has stated they will bring in people where required.

Carol and Kevin have been open in that people would be brought in alongside them, in both an investment and expertise sense.

They're fundamentally good businesspeople; they realise their own strengths and deficits and won't try and run a one (or in this case, two) person ship. Unlike the current incumbent.

Its a very valid question, and should they get the chance to run the club I'm sure they would be more than happy to professionally engage in such questions.

I feel there's such as massive opportunity literally on our doorstep here.

Vale park is great. The only reason it is a dump is due to underinvestment.

A extra few million thrown at Vale Park and it would look amazing. New railway stand, a bit smaller would work and the ground would then have a capacity around 15k. Perfect.

I think those extra few millions would exceed the cost of a new stand..... better location for access, better facilities for revenue generation etc etc.

With possibly grants, investments, sponsorship, increased off field revenue streams etc it could be financially viable and profitable.

Sad to see vale park go but we didn't start there and port vale is more than vale park.

I think those extra few millions would exceed the cost of a new stand..... better location for access, better facilities for revenue generation etc etc.

With possibly grants, investments, sponsorship, increased off field revenue streams etc it could be financially viable and profitable.

Sad to see vale park go but we didn't start there and port vale is more than vale park.

Stand should read new ground..... it's an age thing

Archived