onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

Advert

Certainly not Ray. Agree. But a functioning Manny makes us look such a different team.

Without a doubt. My original reply isn’t a criticism of Manny, on his day he does bring a little extra to the table. I thought the midfield were all great today. Joyce probably had his best game in a Vale shirt. They all worked extremely hard with and without the ball. Worrell, on that showing, is like having a new signing. It’s only positives from me, as at Notts, only this time we put the ball in the onion bag.

Confidence is a big factor. There seems to be some now under Askey so hopefully this will only increase and results improve accordingly.

Well done to the lads today. I can understand why Miller was given motm but for me the best player on the park was Oyeleke- an absolute beast! Magnificent performance.

He was excellent and I thought Joyce was superb too, he looked very good against County and as Legge says a lot of his work can go unnoticed. He’s certainly improved dramatically since the dropping of Kay. Miller will get the headlines quite rightly as he took both goals, particularly the first with great confidence. Brown clearly has to have a clean sweep of awards at the end of the season, the guy is our only consistent player and goodness knows where we would be without him. I thought Smith also had a great game.

It was very refreshing not to be so one dimensional today and although a lot of that was to do with the Pope change being forced on him as I doubt he’d have ever dropped him you have to give credit to Arthur for eventually changing it and getting legs through the side in place of Kay and Pope who can’t simply walk back into the side. When was the last time we won with both of them in the side?

The last word should be reserved for the players though that performed today finally and got bums off seats. They have quite rightly been criticised for dramatically underperforming for most of the season, costing a legend of the club his job and generally not having the passion and desire to take us to the top half of the table, yesterday they proved they have that, it’s simply about applying it far more regularly.

Askey was starting to get Shrewsbury playing the way we did yesterday but they couldn't wait,its taken time here but we have been improving under him and the Macc fans said he likes to play high tempo and attacking football(that's all we want),the plus point here is that if we continue to play like that(I know we wont keep it up every game)then Askey is the ideal man next season to build the squad with no budget(as we know that will be Gorms next statement).

The usual vile drivel on the Oatcake, but copied a piece to read from one Stokie...... has been 99.9 per cent vale. It’s a joke.

I've been today my first visit there in about 7 years. They were absolutely outstanding to a man today from the goalkeeper right through the team for 95 minutes. If I was a Vale fan after that performance I'd be floating out of the ground and phoning P&G to say thank you to the players and the manager. I can understand why he said he was speechless because that was one hell of a team performance from a struggling side.

To the neutral you'd never believe which team was third from the bottom and which was third from the top. Mansfield were very lucky it wasn't 4 or 5-1 because that score would have been a fair reflection. Begs the question WTF have their players been up to all season. I thought I was watching the top of the table side, they were that good.

It was like watching us last week when we played for 90 minutes instead of 45 ;)

Win on Tuesday and I recon we will already have matched the final points total likely by either of the current bottom two sides. We have sailed close to the wind for two seasons now, we may not get a third chance without some SERIOUS changes....

BYE Smurf........:hello:

Win on Tuesday and I recon we will already have matched the final points total likely by either of the current bottom two sides. We have sailed close to the wind for two seasons now, we may not get a third chance without some SERIOUS changes....

BYE Smurf........:hello:

A win on Tuesday meaning we would be safe,as you say,means we’ve done it in a canter.Top 12 should now be the target.

I don’t think it’s all down to Manny, as well as he played, the whole midfield was tremendous, full of energy. The work rate and tempo, with and without the ball, was much higher than we’ve seen all season. We didn’t give Stags the time to show their quality with the ball and our pressing and harrying caused them to make numerous.unforced errors, especially at the back where Miller was the main beneficiary. The overall team performance was way above my prematch expectations. Full credit to Askey & the lads 👍

Correct. Team performance yesterday which allowed manny space. All 11 worked their absolute socks off. Gutted we didn’t get the clean sheet brown and the defence deserves.

One game but proud of that performance. That’s everything we ask for as fans.

Well done John Askey to, not panicked, remaind calm and composed and has set us up to try to win.

For those of you who supported Aspin for the last 12 months plus, shame on you. Another ex player that as manager has disgraced himself with complete arrogance.

Yesterday is what football is all about. Let’s hope it’s not just one game!!

Credit to Legge's performance as captain. So much more influential and positive than Pope who only shows negativity through his body language. A very welcome change.

Didn't think about it yesterday, but on reflection, it was as suggested a game devoid of any 'moaning' which surely can only be good for team spirit

Didn't think about it yesterday, but on reflection, it was as suggested a game devoid of any 'moaning' which surely can only be good for team spirit

Been saying it for ages. We look so more balanced and much more of a team with yesterday’s 11. Legge has been very consistent considering he’s been in and out of the side, I’d like to see us keep him for another years and for him to be the permanent captain.

Credit to Legge's performance as captain. So much more influential and positive than Pope who only shows negativity through his body language. A very welcome change.
Agree. However did anyone else notice what an influence, in addition to being a top class goalie, Brown had on the defence? He was constantly geeing players up and actually directing them to positions throughout the game. When Worrall injured his leg Brown rushed out of his goal and pushed Wozzer upheld a d signalled Whitfield to take his position on the edge of the box. Legge magnificent, Brown mercurial and 100% our total player of the season. Please mate stay with us, better times ahead.

Archived