onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

We are going down. Have watched enough football to be able to spot a relegation side. This year its us. Teams below us are fighting and getting points. Why do you play Joyce and Kay at home against a bottom 4 side ? Answer you know your own team is so poor that you need to be defensive despite the opposition. Personally I would prefer to go on the offensive and go down fighting. Yes their goalkeeper was man of the match but at this time of the season you are where you are due to your own efforts. Funny in that I have been saying the classic we are too good to go down, not any more.

Yes, we have all the appearances of a relegation side: not being able to score even with most of the possession and chances; conceding last minute goals against poor rival sides; a pathological inability to pick our best side. I had an early lesson many years ago watching Watford when they were relegated. I'd come away from games asking, how did they manage to lose that? The answer was, of course, it's because they were poorly managed side, just not good enough. And so it is with us.

Advert

We are a truly awful team.

The players on the bench or even in the stand are always better

than those on the pitch ?

I doubt it but they can be no worse

What it does show to me is the absolute joke of a man in smurf and his contempt to our club and all the fans.

Keep Aspin in situ until end of transfer window and then get rid and appoint new manager. No money need be offered to new manager.

What is even worse is the signing of half a dozen players, by someone, and then finding that they cant even get on the bench.

smurf you will get what you deserve.

A NON LEAGUE TEAM

Its taken you a few years longer than you had hoped.

Enjoy your last few months in Burslem ! and in the football league.

Be careful crossing the road next time.

Ordered no pies for the fans. YOU ARE A DISGRACE

We fans dont deserve this and

WE DONT DESERVE YOU

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB

A lot of heat towards the manager, but as things have stayed more or less the same since the change it suggests that the wrong variable is being changed.

Can't agree with that, Santa. Just look at Cheltenham, Cambridge and Macc for example - same players, different manager, different result. Notts County also now seem to be getting it right and are on their third manager this season. After Aspin, we needed a shake up to galvanise the players and we haven't got it. With predictable results.

If Askey gets it right, I will clearly hold my hand up, but I can't see it.

It's all about what happens in both boxes.

We switch off and concede silly goals but can't score at the other end of the pitch for toffee.

Result? Probable relegation.

All teams at the bottom bleat about poor officials, bad luck, the unfair scoreline and how they really ought to have won the game. But look in the paper and peruse the Table and you'll realise that we are where we are after 30-odd games for the simple reason that we have a very poor team.

There cannot be two teams worse than us. It's impossible.

The fact of the matter is we have scored 4 goals in our last 12 games.

That is certain relegation

And yet we still play with two holding midfielders at home, plus three centre backs of which arguably our best two aren’t included!!

It defies logic, also to the extent that some might suspect foul play is involved.

Notice they scored from a cross almost from the bye line. Can anyone remember the last time we managed to create a goal scoring chance like this

Problem with a 3-5-2 formation is when the wing backs are too far up the pitch there is space behind them. Last week Cambridge exploited the space on their right and their goal came from it, against Morecombe their guy had time and space on their left hand side behind Gibbons to put in a telling cross.

Give me four at the back any day.

Something to do with appearances.If he plays so many games he gets an extension next year.

Probably one of the highest earners that we can’t afford if we get relegated.

This might be absolutely spot on about legge and his contract, but why is he on the bench then? What he he was needed to come on?

The whole club really is a shambles and that’s down to that scumbag. He’s destroying the club and loving every minute of it.

Imagine if he was doing this down Stoke? He’s getting away with it far too easy.

Problem with a 3-5-2 formation is when the wing backs are too far up the pitch there is space behind them. Last week Cambridge exploited the space on their right and their goal came from it, against Morecombe their guy had time and space on their left hand side behind Gibbons to put in a telling cross.

Give me four at the back any day.

Gibbons was stood five yards in front of him.

His job was to stop the cross, he didnt.

We are obsessed with formations.

Its the players that do their job properly or not

Something to do with appearances.If he plays so many games he gets an extension next year.

Probably one of the highest earners that we can’t afford if we get relegated.

Legge has played 24 league games. The story is that if he plays 25 he gets an extra year on his contract. If we were to get relegated, Legge is just the sort of player we would need. Not picking him is daft.

This might be absolutely spot on about legge and his contract, but why is he on the bench then? What he he was needed to come on?

The whole club really is a shambles and that’s down to that scumbag. He’s destroying the club and loving every minute of it.

Imagine if he was doing this down Stoke? He’s getting away with it far too easy.

Try DESTROYED. Can you really see a way out of this?? Once we’re out of the Football League the club will fold.

No hot food today in Lorne Street. I asked a member of staff why. He said the delivery had been cancelled due to the protest!

My mate was told by another member of staff that Gorm had said “they’re starving me out, so I’ll starve them out”. Wow...

Delivery must have been scheduled for about 2.15 then? No food, no sales/cash - isn't he staving himself out?

Can't agree with that, Santa. Just look at Cheltenham, Cambridge and Macc for example - same players, different manager, different result. Notts County also now seem to be getting it right and are on their third manager this season. After Aspin, we needed a shake up to galvanise the players and we haven't got it. With predictable results.

If Askey gets it right, I will clearly hold my hand up, but I can't see it.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t pin any great hopes on Askey and I’d be happy if he pleasantly surprised me. I feel like we’ve made a like for like substitution in the dugout, a sideways move and nothing has changed.

The sort of manager who could have got more out of this group or radically altered its mentality was out of our budget or general reach.

Archived