onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

Good first hour, with Gibbons heavily involved. Several decent chances not taken. Major problem is lack of ball carriers, especially in midfield.

Last half hour, we completely fell apart.

Pope's penalty miss could well be turning point if the season.

Advert

Depressed. Attended the protest. Good numbers for the start of the campaign to oust the dictator. Askey is simply Aspin with hair. Nowt, and I stress nowt has changed after Aspin left. I shudder to think what some of the players that are being kept out are feeling. The talisman, in some people's eyes is now, quite rightly being viewed as an ex danger man. Is there any truth in the rumour that him and the other geriatrics in the squad are actually determining the shape and composition of the side? We are predictable, we are so slow, we have no alternative to hoof ball, we play every game the same, opponents don't have to try too hard to prevent us from scoring, we have no midfield , we have no clue. I could go on and on. We are doomed with a freak of an owner, a clone manager, a squad of poor talent and a very disillusioned, dwindling fan base. I so wanted to enjoy today, to protest and then watch us get 3 points towards safety. Instead I sit here so bloody angry, upset and honestly feeling that I have had enough. I fear I am not alone. I seriously believe now we are going out of the League. The only saving grace for me would be that Smurthwaite sells up, even if we get relegated because I would prefer to leave the League and start afresh in non league without the dark destroyer than have him continue his role with us staying in the League. What a state he's got us in. Cheers fellow Valiant sufferers, I'll down a nice bottle of wine now, to have at least some enjoyment out of our predicament.

Great post. I feel exactly the same as you mate, so so angry and sad about everything Port Vale and what we have become. You can virtually predict every result before a ball is kicked. I have lived and breathed Port Vale for 35 years but the life has been sucked out of us.

We are going down. Have watched enough football to be able to spot a relegation side. This year its us. Teams below us are fighting and getting points. Why do you play Joyce and Kay at home against a bottom 4 side ? Answer you know your own team is so poor that you need to be defensive despite the opposition. Personally I would prefer to go on the offensive and go down fighting. Yes their goalkeeper was man of the match but at this time of the season you are where you are due to your own efforts. Funny in that I have been saying the classic we are too good to go down, not any more.

No doubt whatsoever this is a relegation side largely due to negativity defensive mindedness, picking the wrong players and most of all lack of creativity from out wide.

What amazes me the most is that Leon Legge is not playing, I assume he's not injured?

We require leaders and players of character hence the perseverance with Kay?

What on earth are we doing playing young Adam Crookes as a third centre half with both Joyce and Kay playing? The lad is a talent and has so much more to offer. If he is so good at centre half play him alongside Legge in a back 4. Gibbons and Clark are decent enough.

Hannant runs, Kay and Joyce add very little creatively leaving Pope and the inexperienced Harris isolated. Rawlinson struggles, Smith for some reason appears not the same player he once was (I'm sure he'll come good). Why on earth are we playing 6 or 7 at the back against a p*ss poor league 2 side (or any side for that matter). We should have won, we can't score and the pressure mounts. 27 goals for tells you where we are going.

The loan players, Whitfield, Elliott, Montano and Worrall surely won't be any worse?

I'd be p*ssed off not being able to get in this side, who is picking it?

Not good enough

I went to Vale Park today hopeful and fairly optimistic of a decent performance and good result. How wrong I was. First half wasn’t too bad although Morecambe looked dangerous on their infrequent attacks and their keeper played really well. I thought the penalty was just the right height to give the keeper every chance of saving.

After that penalty miss, Pope was like a spoilt child permanently ranting and raving at his team mates and fouling his opponent at every opportunity. Whether it is the frustration of him being a Vale fan, but surely it would be better to remove the captainancy from him and give it to somebody else. Who, I don’t really know because as a team they seem clueless and rudderless.

Kay looks like he is just waiting to do something to get his customary booking, Joyce slows down play every time he receives the ball, Rawlinson, well need I say more. Substitutes were left too late and to give Whitfield about five minutes is bordering on the ridiculous.

With recent results of the teams around the relegation zone, current form would suggest us and Yeovil for the drop. 2 draws and 6 defeats (5 of which we have failed to score) in our last 8 league home games is nothing short of disgraceful and I cannot remember the last time we lost five home league games in a row scoring 1 goal and conceding 10 in the process.

The club is a shambles from top to bottom and after 55 years of watching them, i think my time of keep attending to go home depressed each week is fast coming to an end. Not much else to say except Conference football is just around the corner and, if so, I won’t be there to watch it.

Saw Howkins was in the changing rooms this morning on another players instagram.

Wouldn’t you fall out with someone as thick as Askey if you were the best centre half at the club and being overlooked in favour of Rawlinson?

Your abuse of a manager who’s been here 5 minutes and your defence of an owner who’s ruined the club continually for 5 years, says everything about you James.

Pathetic sad little man.

Exactly how l saw it, but it didn't stop some bell-ends booing us off.

From minute 20 to 45 we were superb.

Before and after we were garbage. Especially 2nd half.

This is Morecambe. 1 win in 14 and we lost. Christ knows what will happen when we play a half decent team!!

If you applaud the majority of that today against one of the worst teams in the league, you’re delusional.

Teams know if Pope plays then it will be hoof ball to him. Play two defenders on him and keep him quiet. The players only know this method of play.

Why did he not change the formation earlier as well? Hope he is not another manager who only changes things in the last 10 minutes. The players have no time to get into the game.

Two players on Pope i understand. Do your homework on opposition and it sometimes pays off.

Wish we did it.

The players dont ' only know this method of play '

The players are awful and are not capable of trying to be creative themselves and even if they were they are not good enough to do it.

The back three cannot pass a ball and as footballers are poor

The full backs cannot cross a ball to save their lives

Midfield creativity ? Never

Two to defend and nearly man Hannant.

Wide men. Who are they ?

A partner for Pope. I know lets try Miller, hes not failed us for the last 3 games has he.

Pope has missed a penalty today and missed a good chance last week. Hes still the best we have

Notice they scored from a cross almost from the bye line. Can anyone remember the last time we managed to create a goal scoring chance like this

Awful 2nd half. To be honest the so called dominate 1st period was only 20 mins at the end of that half.

There has been some improvement with Askey in that we seem to want to get forward more often. We are getting the ball forward more quickly.

Even so, the team selection is mad. Why no Montano, Whitfield or even Worral?

The best cross of the game came from Monty at the end.

Protest was ok, but in the ground nobody said a word against the man!

This is Morecambe. 1 win in 14 and we lost. Christ knows what will happen when we play a half decent team!!

If you applaud the majority of that today against one of the worst teams in the league, you’re delusional.

Agreed, can’t believe what I’m reading from some. This was also a Morecambe side ravaged by injuries. I don’t boo but applauding those players that claim to represent Port Vale and who are driving us towards potentially losing league status is unfathomable to me.

No, l didn't applaud but I saw enough effort to know we didn't deserve to lose. I believe the majority of the team would have been absolutely gutted to lose that game so I'm not sure what booing them off does for their morale. They're human beings, not robots.

Archived