onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Cambridge Utd v Port Vale

Fosse69

I thought it was a tight game marked some outstanding saves from either keeper and the deflection separating the sides. We had a much better second half IMO. However they seemed to constantly have the beating of our left hand side, our little group all agreed that we were surprised to see Clark stay on. Not sure playing Pope was the right call today.

Agree with most of what you posted, tight game in difficult windy conditions and Vale beaten by a wickedly deflected shot. Good saves by both keepers. 2nd half they hardly had a sniff, Vale had 3 decent chances.

Still have the problem of creativity, still keep standing off players too much, gotta get this sorted quickly as all games are now crucial. I thought Popey did fine, he was probably didn't expect the ball to come to him in the ist half when he snatched at the chance, couldn't tell whether he was offside or not when he put the ball in the net.

Advert

That’s not true thankfully and the table shows it.

What we do need to do is expect this dog **** bunch of players (Brown aside) to step up and finally start earning their wages. Today was disgusting, absolutely disgusting and they are simply taking the **** out of the club or are just cowards.

Brown aside I’d be glad to never see any of them again.

And yet you continually defend Smurthwaite by saying you dont care if he stays or sells up,here is a bloke who has slowly dismantled the squad EVERY transfer window and prefers to consult a player (Pope)about transfers on deadline day instead of Rudge or the coaches and you happily critisise the players on the pitch.

In fairness most said they didn’t want Askey to chance the away set up and he didn’t overly so not sure why fans can moan about that side of it.

Too many coasted against a poor Cambridge, chances were created including two or three absolutely glorious ones but we look devoid of confidence.

Defensively we were worryingly at sea though first half.

Guest TommyMac

If I was selecting the best eleven from the two teams today I would go with:

Brown

Gibbons

Taft

Taylor

Carroll

Amoo

Maris

Deegan

Brown

Hepburn-Murphy

Ibehre

And that's the sad state we are now in. As Ray Williams says almost every game "not good enough".

Pretty sure we are the only team ever that hasn’t had a win after a new manager comes in. Absolutely typical when we really needed one.

We are going to go down, aren’t we?

Michael Brown won his first game in charge.

It's almost as if making a sweeping prediction based on the manager's first game in charge is a tad foolish.

When I said pope might not have been the right call I didn’t mean he had a bad game. I just thought it saw us go too much long ball at times. Agree with that above about the sides on pitch, brown is quality and that save first half was unbelievable, Gibbons was steady, defended well, got forward a lot and found some space much of the time but unfortunately was just not utilised, because we were too slow to move the ball. I think we missed a player like manny to actually carry the ball. Second half we kept their full backs in and I thought had the better of that half. Anyway, long journey home now.

Two strikers away from home and people are criticising Askey for being too negative! Turner was the only other available striker we had and he hasn't played all season.
It's not just about strikers is it. You could play 4 up front in the current team and we still wouldn't win. Let's Face it we are where we are due to the lack of quality in all positions except the keeper

Well always be devoid of creativity with Kay AND Joyce in the side

Exactly even Askey if he has been to previous games would have known this.Its ok to say it is his first game as Manager but he has seen this and should have rectified it.

Kay or Joyce and Rawlinson shouldnt be anywhere near the team without wealth of centre backs.

Archived