onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Cambridge Utd v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

What surprises me is Askey has been watching Vale, that includes the likes of Joyce and Kay. Very puzzled.

Spot on. It has GOT to be one or the other.

Also surprises me that we've not gone for any width to try and create more. Every time Gibbons or Clarke have the ball they have to come inside then we get crowded out.

Blame the ref if we are in the game and deserve something but we’ve been abysmal. How soon before this group of ‘players’ get another manager sacked?
That's why I added the caveat of the fact we've been poor. We need to stop reverting to the long ball to pope as the get out and we can't handle amoo

Where is Oyeleke, is he injured.

Horrific deflection for their goal.

Big pitch and they are finding space particularly down their right hand side, David Amoo is the danger man, need to double up on him and stop crosses coming in.

Impossible to tell from the camera angle whether Pope was offside when he put the ball in the net. Vale still in this game.

Great save by Brown.

He’s either a bit thick or like the rest of us attended but chosen to put his hands over his eyes.
To be fair I think he's probably done what most new managers would have done which is change things as little as possible given our reasonable away form to try and avoid give an element of continuity and upsetting the apple cart. I've no doubt once he's had another week with the players both the system and personnel will gradually change to what he wants. Today's team is probably heavily reliant on Danny pughs input

The lack of mobility in front of the back 4 of being shown up today in Kay and Joyce. Their full backs are able to push on and at times overload our wingbacks which says something isn’t working. Clark is having a shocker. Hannant and Harris aren’t offering much and I think that’s where the problem lies in both pope and Harris staying up allowing their full backs to go. Unbelievable save from brown in that first half. Pope should have scored. Poor goal to give away with Clark being too far off the man and then a lucky deflection off crooks. We’re moving it too slowly too, we get the call, the wing back goes in to space and we hold on to the ball and the chance of a quick break is gone.

We won’t get anything today. It’s same-old, same-old with that formation. Kay and Joyce plus 3x centre backs with Pope up front for gods sake, and Ray Williams wonders why we’re one dimensional. Ridiculous when you think about the midfielders we’ve signed. Plus where’s Manny?? It’s just a never ending nightmare with Vale. Different manager, same rubbish, dull, defensive line-ups.

That's why I added the caveat of the fact we've been poor. We need to stop reverting to the long ball to pope as the get out and we can't handle amoo

Spot on mate, I’d be tempted to go 4-4-2 and double up on him with Crookes and Clark in front of him.

Pope doesn’t look fit to me, certainly not in his mind, his miss is the worst I can ever remember.

Our outfield 10 are what Keaton Jennings is!

To be fair I think he's probably done what most new managers would have done which is change things as little as possible given our reasonable away form to try and avoid give an element of continuity and upsetting the apple cart. I've no doubt once he's had another week with the players both the system and personnel will gradually change to what he wants. Today's team is probably heavily reliant on Danny pughs input

Well then Danny Pugh will never make a manager!

What i don’t understand with Askey is he says he plays 4-3-3 with wingers, he puts the main man Popey back in but then leaves Whitfield, Worrall and Montano, the natural wide players, on the bench.

Might as well have left Popey on the bench too then if it wasn’t going well throw Popey, Whitfield and Worrall or Montano on and play his usual formation and see how it worked.

Archived