onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Advert

The interview he did for the club, almost made me cringe, Neil couldn't even look the interviewer in the eye, spent all three minutes looking at the ground. I actually felt extremely sorry for him watching it. However it is his team and his tactics that have got us to where we are, and as he himself keeps pointing out, it is a results business and his I am afraid..........................

Came across as he’s hoping he gets relieved of his position, so that he doesn’t have to endure any more pain.

Disagree. Lost all the respect I had for him. Dragging us into non league and should’ve resigned months ago.

That's why Vale should've resisted setting on another ex player. Sad to see Aspin, Glover, Grew, Foyle and to some extent, Horton taking so much grief and abuse. It would probably be the same if Ainsworth came. Steer clear in the future please Vale! !

Disagree. Lost all the respect I had for him. Dragging us into non league and should’ve resigned months ago.

Disgusting attitude towards a club legend. Should be ashamed. The club is being dragged into non league by one man only, Aspin unfortunately is just the latest scapegoat that Smurthwaite has thrown to the wolves. Unfortunately a lot of our so called fans are only too happy to fall for it.

That's why Vale should've resisted setting on another ex player. Sad to see Aspin, Glover, Grew, Foyle and to some extent, Horton taking so much grief and abuse. It would probably be the same if Ainsworth came. Steer clear in the future please Vale! !

Is Aspin the right man for the job? Probably not but it is hard to say when he clearly has one, if not both, hands tied behind his back. I think that most managers would struggle under the current owner.

On balance I think that the former player thing should have no bearing on the ability of someone to manage PVFC. The only thing is that they risk ruining some memories. Since most managers I can remember have ended up leaving Vale due to poor results then the chances of this happening seem pretty high.

Disgusting attitude towards a club legend. Should be ashamed. The club is being dragged into non league by one man only, Aspin unfortunately is just the latest scapegoat that Smurthwaite has thrown to the wolves. Unfortunately a lot of our so called fans are only too happy to fall for it.

Glover? Foyle? Horton? Grew? All people that sadly ended up losing the glorious respect of fans for their terrible roles in management with us. None of those were appointed by the current owner.

He’s failing, he was given more than a decent budget for this league and once again like managers before him he’s chosen quantity over quality and such an unbalanced squad. He like the others mentioned above were great players but thick as two short planks when it came to managing players at Port Vale.

PLEASE GOD NO MORE EX-PLAYERS ON THE MANAGEMENT TEAMS IN FUTURE.

The players and managers get away with a lot at this club because of some fans hatred of the owner. Hate who you like but let’s stop letting this manager and god awful players get away with being **** and letting the fans down.

The root cause of our demise is Norman. End of.

Three years ago we were mid table in league one with players like Grant, O'Connor, Alnwick and Streete in their prime. Comfortably mid table. Since Norman - I know nothing about football - has taken sole charge we've dropped like s stone. Bruno, Brown & Aspin have all been cheap appointments, with no league experience. The budget has been cut year on year so we are now resorting to young loan players and ex non league players forming the basis of our team, while Grant stars against Wolves and O'Connor is on his way to a Championship medal with Lincoln.

Sadly - and I admired him greatly as a player - Aspin was yet another cut price manager. There is a reason why he stayed in non league for 10-12 years and that's because he hasn't quite got it at league level. The same with all these non league players we've signed because Norman won't open his Hugill boosted wallet and get us the quality players we badly need.

Aspin might not be good enough but when you have to shop at Poundland and rely on loan players it's a recipe for disaster - whoever the manager is.

Norman has been a disaster from first to last. The worst chairman we've ever had. The sooner he goes, the better.

The root cause of our demise is Norman. End of.

Three years ago we were mid table in league one with players like Grant, O'Connor, Alnwick and Streete in their prime. Comfortably mid table. Since Norman - I know nothing about football - has taken sole charge we've dropped like s stone. Bruno, Brown & Aspin have all been cheap appointments, with no league experience. The budget has been cut year on year so we are now resorting to young loan players and ex non league players forming the basis of our team, while Grant stars against Wolves and O'Connor is on his way to a Championship medal with Lincoln.

Sadly - and I admired him greatly as a player - Aspin was yet another cut price manager. There is a reason why he stayed in non league for 10-12 years and that's because he hasn't quite got it at league level. The same with all these non league players we've signed because Norman won't open his Hugill boosted wallet and get us the quality players we badly need.

Aspin might not be good enough but when you have to shop at Poundland and rely on loan players it's a recipe for disaster - whoever the manager is.

Norman has been a disaster from first to last. The worst chairman we've ever had. The sooner he goes, the better.

Bang on the money.

Brown was actually an ex Vale player too lest we forget.Not a legendary one but still did a good job

Bang on the money.

Was Smurthwaite to blame for us winning at Crawley and drawing with Lincoln, or our record of only two defeats out of last ten away matches? No, it’s our poor tactics at home and that is down to Aspin and the players., I hate Smurthwaite but with the players we have and correct tactics we should be in top six.

Is Aspin the right man for the job? Probably not but it is hard to say when he clearly has one, if not both, hands tied behind his back. I think that most managers would struggle under the current owner.

On balance I think that the former player thing should have no bearing on the ability of someone to manage PVFC. The only thing is that they risk ruining some memories. Since most managers I can remember have ended up leaving Vale due to poor results then the chances of this happening seem pretty high.

He has had a reasonable budget but wasted it on gambling on mediocre signings of non league players instead of quality players who can go straight into the first team.

I really think Aspin is incapable of persuading decent players to sign for us so falls back on gambling on non league players and part time Irish league.

How is it a disgusting attitude? He’s been blooody useless. Nah. The man dragging us to non league is the manager. A decent manager can still set up and organise a side. Loads of teams with much smaller budgets doing far better than us.

Fall for it? For one Norman is doing a ******* horrific job and I can’t be doing with him. But that dosent suddenly mean aspin deserves some special treatment he’s been bloody dreadful and needs to go. Same as Glover. Liked as a player but lost all respect for aspin as he continues to dig his heels in and drag us done. If the man had any respect for the vale he would’ve walked ages ago.

Archived