onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Back to the serious league stuff after the distraction of a minor competition. Very difficult game, Carlisle chasing direct promotion seem to have settled down with 4 wins out of the last 5 games. Will we have any new players on view? Gibbons and Crookes available for league action, will the Harris deal be sorted? Carlisle not a team for draws, only 3, but have lost 11 games against Vale`s 12. So a draw coming up, as we like to break patterns hopefully our losing steak instead of the other teams, lets do both this time. Maybe we can bring home our away league form?

Advert

Crookes Gibbons Brown and 8 others .

Id say Miller aswell but the rest well im not sure they want to play and if they do then they better up there level of performance by four or five notches from last nights lameness.

Here's a question... If a win or draw means Aspin stays on and continues with his tedious dreary football and a loss means he gets the sack and potentially a decent manager (although wouldn't hold my breath with Smurthwaite's track record), which would you go for?

As I stated after the Crawley game, I wanted us to lose if it meant a change of manager. I just can't stand watching this dross any longer. I'm sick of players getting ostracised and poor players seemingly given chance after chance, and I don't see this changing if we hobble on picking up 3 points every time Aspin looks like getting the sack. I've supported Vale for decades and have only ever wanted us to lose once (almost 20 years ago to this day) but at the moment, I'm prepared to accept whatever it takes if it means staying in the league and looking forward to Saturdays.

I know that many on here will be appalled by what I'm saying and I completely understand their stance but I don't think I've ever felt more exasperated by such a palpably poor manager.

I don't really know enough to be sure that players have been "ostracised", as no-one knows what goes on day to day at the club.

Sometimes it seems there's unity and sometimes you could be forgiven for thinking there's mutiny.

I don't think changing manager now would achieve anything, as poor as his record is.

I'm resigned to us hopefully getting safe and l think a huge effort has to go into removing Smurthwaite, preferably by a season ticket boycott.

Brown

Rawlinson Smith Crookes

Gibbons Kay (or Joyce) Manny Clark

Worrall Miller Hannant

Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised if Aspin went with the same team that beat Crawley.

Funny how things go round with players on here, I’m sure players like Gibbons will soon fall out of favour the minute they misplace a pass or make a mistake or aren’t able to make the runs they’d like to in a game.

Here's a question... If a win or draw means Aspin stays on and continues with his tedious dreary football and a loss means he gets the sack and potentially a decent manager (although wouldn't hold my breath with Smurthwaite's track record), which would you go for?

I suspect the question boils down to do you want Aspin or Pugh.

Brown

Rawlinson Smith Crookes

Gibbons Kay (or Joyce) Manny Clark

Worrall Miller Hannant

Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised if Aspin went with the same team that beat Crawley.

Funny how things go round with players on here, I’m sure players like Gibbons will soon fall out of favour the minute they misplace a pass or make a mistake or aren’t able to make the runs they’d like to in a game.

Worrall instead of Whitfield 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Archived