onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

The last two clearly have. It’s there choice to keep signing a huge amount of the same position. Of course the managers still deserve blame. Yes we can compete with other league 2 sides out budget puts us about mid table. A decent manager could easily improve this side just with some decent bloody organisation. Norman is the overlying problem yes but I don’t understand why you seem to think the manager is exempt from this.

The Manager isn't exempt from criticism, I've criticised him myself, I don't think he's a great manager. But saying you've lost ALL respect for him, I felt was too far. They blokes a legend and always will be.

I also struggle to criticise managers working with Smurthwaite as chairman. I don't think we'll ever be able to give a fair assessment when managers are constantly working with two hands tied behind their backs, constantly undermined publicly, having to deal with his PR gaffes, and going off experience I'd also add, constant lying.

Advert

i haven't read any of this thread and have taken the weekend to think about the game before posing, so please forgive me if there is repetition of anything overly contentious in this!

However, I can't criticism Aspin or the team from Saturday. But for a shocking decision from the linesman to send off Millar (I was bang in front of it and am 100% sure that it was a booking at the very worse and not really warranting that either) and a very unlucky own goal, I thought that we were the better team and could have gone on to win that game.

It was and still is blindingly obvious that we have no goals at all in that side and there is criticism of aspin for letting it get to that position. But all in all, I though that the team played for him, worked hard, were well organised and solid - basically all that you could ask of them in that situation. My criticism is of how the club is run at the top and the lack of support that i think the manager is getting to strengthen the areas that he will know need strengthening. Aspin has made mistakes - I am sure that he would admit that - but he hasn't "lost the dressing room", "has no style of play" or "fails to inspire the players" based on Saturdays performance.

Its not good and we are in the middle of a bad run, but (and I hope that I don't eat my own words here) I don't think that we are bad enough to go down. Last season I was convinced that we were done for - I have more confidence this year that we will some how pull out of this.

And smurf needs to sell NOW! :)

i haven't read any of this thread and have taken the weekend to think about the game before posing, so please forgive me if there is repetition of anything overly contentious in this!

However, I can't criticism Aspin or the team from Saturday. But for a shocking decision from the linesman to send off Millar (I was bang in front of it and am 100% sure that it was a booking at the very worse and not really warranting that either) and a very unlucky own goal, I thought that we were the better team and could have gone on to win that game.

It was and still is blindingly obvious that we have no goals at all in that side and there is criticism of aspin for letting it get to that position. But all in all, I though that the team played for him, worked hard, were well organised and solid - basically all that you could ask of them in that situation. My criticism is of how the club is run at the top and the lack of support that i think the manager is getting to strengthen the areas that he will know need strengthening. Aspin has made mistakes - I am sure that he would admit that - but he hasn't "lost the dressing room", "has no style of play" or "fails to inspire the players" based on Saturdays performance.

Its not good and we are in the middle of a bad run, but (and I hope that I don't eat my own words here) I don't think that we are bad enough to go down. Last season I was convinced that we were done for - I have more confidence this year that we will some how pull out of this.

I agree, and the look of dejection on the players' faces when we conceded shows to me they certainly are trying for each other, us and Aspin. I was glad the crowd didn't start booing at any point, l think some people underestimate the impact that has on the younger players.

I feel we'd have got a point or all three had it not been for the sending off.

Top post that for me......

The Manager isn't exempt from criticism, I've criticised him myself, I don't think he's a great manager. But saying you've lost ALL respect for him, I felt was too far. They blokes a legend and always will be.

I also struggle to criticise managers working with Smurthwaite as chairman. I don't think we'll ever be able to give a fair assessment when managers are constantly working with two hands tied behind their backs, constantly undermined publicly, having to deal with his PR gaffes, and going off experience I'd also add, constant lying.

Look hatred for smurf apart, and lets agree he hasn't exactly held the welcome hat for all our new league 2 standard signings, what happens on the pitch is the responsibilty of one man, and that's Neil, and for so many well discussed reasons he has failed miserably, and it is only right, that he comes in for stick, and being a playing legend, can not and should not prevent nor deflect from that that, and he will know that.

His decision making would confuse Stephen Hawkins, his selections are totally baffling and his tactical nous non existent.

He is clearly too concerned with not losing than trying to win matches, plays football straight out of the darkest part of the 1970's, and if he had any self respect, any managerial honour especially in considering where he has led 'his team' he should resign, in fact should have resigned many weeks ago.

If he gets us relegated, which can easily happen, not only will his managerial credentials be all but gone, but because he refused to walk, I fear any legend status rightly earned for his playing career will disappear in a heart beat

Archived