onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Advert

The thing is though there was literally no point in diving in there. There was nothing to be gained at all.
It was to stop a clearance down field which who knows could have led to a goal. By making it a throw-in instead would have given us the chance to box them in and win the ball back higher up the pitch.

It was to stop a clearance down field which who knows could have led to a goal. By making it a throw-in instead would have given us the chance to box them in and win the ball back higher up the pitch.

Risking a red card to win a pointless throw in. Sorry it makes literally no sense what so ever. Just stand him up if he clears it he clears it.

We constantly bang on about no strikers. Quite right. In my opinion however just as serious is the complete lack of anyone in midfield who is capable of driving us forward, defence splitting passes or even a willingness to actually attempt to link play up.

I've said this all season. It doesn't matter who the striker is if we aren't supplying them. Harry Kane wouldn't score in this team.

Where are the wingers that can beat a man and deliver crosses?

Where is the attacking midfielder that can thread a through ball through?

How many times have we created a 1v1 on the keeper this season?

The excessive force of the challenge made it an automatic dismissal. It was a crazy decision from an over exuberant player. Hopefully he will learn from it.

How is Aspin still our manager? At what other football club would he still be in a job?

Now I’m not a fan of Smurthwaite one bit, but our crowds have dropped by 1,000 people mainly because of Aspin and his football. I can honestly say I’ve never seen a more boring, negative or predictable Vale side. We don’t have one starter who can even beat a ban and create any excitement. Without Pope, our game plan is to play 7 defensive players who pass it sideways to each other all game. It’s baffling.

Also for those of you worrying that we will get Pugh, Kewell or someone else uninspiring, will they really be any worse than Aspin?

I agree with Valist, the more I see the tackle the more it confirmed my original view live, that it wasn't even a foul. The ball was clearly won, but I guess football has got to the stage where you are not allowed to make tackles like that any more

I was only watching on ifollow but my immediate instinct was the lad made a complete meal of what was a daft challenge.......I thought even some of their players were amazed when he was sent off. It was a daft tackle that didn't need to be made but it wasn't a red card. I played Club rugby for 25 years and if someone whacked you you did your best not to show how much it hurt.....that left back's jump in the air and scream would have made you think he's broken his ankle......he didn't seem too affected within the next 2 minutes. I detest that attitude.....it is not "professional gamesmanship" it is cheating in my book!

The excessive force of the challenge made it an automatic dismissal. It was a crazy decision from an over exuberant player. Hopefully he will learn from it.

Wasn't even a foul. 50 50, he wanted it more, took the ball not the man. Exactly what I'd want a player to do, let them know they're in a game. Excessive force? Football has become a joke.

Wasn't even a foul. 50 50, he wanted it more, took the ball not the man. Exactly what I'd want a player to do, let them know they're in a game. Excessive force? Football has become a joke.

It is I’m afraid bud. Football has moved on from the 80s/90s where you could legitimately go through players whether you take the ball or not.

Popey would chin Evans in the 1st week.

Tom Pope doesn’t run this football club. In my opinion Steve Evans would be the perfect replacement for Aspin. I can guarantee he wouldn’t take us down and would have us challenging in the right direction. Vale fans love a character, someone with a bit of passion and excitement and he fits the bill perfectly. Forget Evans’ past, we aren’t in the position to be picky.

It was a red card from a tackle that was completely needless just a few yards from the corner flag. He left the ground and challenged two footed. He took the ball but also the man and could have easily broken their full backs leg. It was out of control. He was probably hot-headed because he knew he'd missed a sitter earlier.

As stated above, hopefully he'll learn from it.

Pity about the result. Defence played great, Miller an idiot! Impressed with Worrall when he came on and also cameo by Elliott he looks to have lightning pace. Harris too is a good acquisition. In first half we just needed that final ball. Can’t understand why Montano and Worrall left to warm the bench at home when we play with Joyce we don’t need two holding midfielders. Thought we tried to play football and deserved a point. Let’s keep fighting and get another away win at Newport! Do agree though that Aspin should go, with a more forward thinking manager we have the players to win matches.

Archived