onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We Need To Talk About Norman

Santa

Using that logic,virtually every club should sack their manager and invest in a more experienced and expensive one.How many football clubs actually make money?

Of course not many clubs make money.It would help if we hadn't been relegated,appointed three inexperienced (cheap) managers,won 9 matches in a year, struggle to get any sponsors etc etc.Its logical to assume that had the club been run more professionally the loses could have been avoided or at the very least reduced.

Advert

No one will buy the club as long as he owns the pitch and charges an unsustainable amount in rental, whosoever may be interested in the club purchase would be paying for a club name on a letterhead and maybe a parking space whilst the bbc would be ******* himself laughing all the way to the bank.

I believe their original offer when they first made a bid for the club was a fair bit higher. If you'd bought a car six years ago and ran it into the ground you wouldn't be able to sell it for the same price you paid for it.

So they offered 1.25m+.Since that offer we ,on top of normal income,are receiving 2m Hughill guaranteed money.

It looks like an offer of the same (1.25) would mean that they would be getting the club for free?

An offer circa 3m would be approx what I would be looking for if I were to sell.

So they offered 1.25m+.Since that offer we ,on top of normal income,are receiving 2m Hughill guaranteed money.

It looks like an offer of the same (1.25) would mean that they would be getting the club for free?

An offer circa 3m would be approx what I would be looking for if I were to sell.

Depends if the money has gone onto the club's balance sheet as income or has partially paid off the director's "loan".

No one will buy the club as long as he owns the pitch and charges an unsustainable amount in rental, whosoever may be interested in the club purchase would be paying for a club name on a letterhead and maybe a parking space whilst the bbc would be ******* himself laughing all the way to the bank.

Correct, the club only becomes a viable proposition if the new owners own the ground as well. Otherwise, not only is the future uncertain when you are nothing more than a tenant, you also can't develop the ground nor have any certainty (unless it's contractually agreed) as to the future rental charges, making financial planning that more difficult in terms of both capital and revenue. My guess is that our current owner ain't going to sell club or ground unless he gets a premium price, which would be highly unlikely given our present league position. Still, you never know.

Would they receive that much though or has it already 'gone away'?

The money is both there and not there depending on which story the chairman is telling us this week.

The sell-on clause was a known unknown back in the summer of 2017 and would have been factored into any negotiations, assuming they'd got past the short shrift stage from Dick Van Daft.

The money is both there and not there depending on which story the chairman is telling us this week.

To be fair, all the money from the Hugill sell-on would have to be included in the accounts for the business‘ financial year when he moved from PNE to WHU. However the ‘cash’ into the bank account will arrive in instalments. But that money will have already been declared in the profit or loss for that one year.

Would they receive that much though or has it already 'gone away'?

The sell-on clause was a known unknown back in the summer of 2017 and would have been factored into any negotiations, assuming they'd got past the short shrift stage from Dick Van Daft.

I'm sure it was mooted at the time that any impending fees were waived in the original proposal,

I would assume the fact we are in a bad state on /off the pitch would mean the value would have dropped due to the investment needed in both, having said that i'm sure our owner is doing just fine out of his tenure..

1 option if he put hurdles in the way of selling both the club n ground as one would be to buy the club (minus any debts) enter into a 2 yr lease then build another ground smaller but modern if the new owner had the resources or connections ( ie opposite the church down by the snooker club or even in middleport near furlong mills)that way our owner would be left with a ground which would cost a lot to demolish and land prepare for any future developments which also isn't prime real estate in burslem...all pure guess work though as nothing will change until he has gone

I'm sure it was mooted at the time that any impending fees were waived in the original proposal,

I would assume the fact we are in a bad state on /off the pitch would mean the value would have dropped due to the investment needed in both, having said that i'm sure our owner is doing just fine out of his tenure..

1 option if he put hurdles in the way of selling both the club n ground as one would be to buy the club (minus any debts) enter into a 2 yr lease then build another ground smaller but modern if the new owner had the resources or connections ( ie opposite the church down by the snooker club or even in middleport near furlong mills)that way our owner would be left with a ground which would cost a lot to demolish and land prepare for any future developments which also isn't prime real estate in burslem...all pure guess work though as nothing will change until he has gone

Or even ground share with Crewe for a couple of seasons.

A new, modern, atmospheric stadium with steep stands close to the pitch with good views sounds appealing.

An exciting, winning team with the required quality to be at the top of the division sounds even more appealing.

VP has the potential to be developed into something impressive if we had an ambitious owner with vision.

Port Vale FC has the potential to be developed into a team that we can all be proud of once more if we had an ambitious owner with vision.

A new, modern, atmospheric stadium with steep stands close to the pitch with good views sounds appealing.

An exciting, winning team with the required quality to be at the top of the division sounds even more appealing.

VP has the potential to be developed into something impressive if we had an ambitious owner with vision.

Port Vale FC has the potential to be developed into a team that we can all be proud of once more if we had an ambitious owner with vision.

What are you getting at? 😎

Would love someone to buy the club and then build a nice modern stadium nearby, making Smurf’s sole stadium ownership an expensive irrelevance. Won’t happen mind.

A few years ago when the Ceramic Valley Enterprise Zone was first mooted, I did have a dream of a new Vale Park being part of the development with a bit of Regional Development money chucked into the pot. Unlikely now.

Archived