onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We Need To Talk About Norman

Santa

You mean they were only prepared to pay the true value of the club and not Smirthwates over valued valuation.

I suspect that is the case. Their last bid was reported to be £1.25 million which is what Norman paid for the club when it was on the verge of promotion to League One.

Advert

I suspect that is the case. Their last bid was reported to be £1.25 million which is what Norman paid for the club when it was on the verge of promotion to League One.

It appears then they are not prepared to go any higher than the price of 6 years ago when Smurthwaite said he couldn’t believe how cheap he had got the club for?

It appears then they are not prepared to go any higher than the price of 6 years ago when Smurthwaite said he couldn’t believe how cheap he had got the club for?

To be fair he did think he was buying a hotel at the time

There were a reported six different people/consortiums looking to buy the club when we were in administration when Wildes came in and agreed to pay a lot more than all the other bidders. Every one else knows that they paid more than it was worth even though we were on an upward curve at the time.

Howjy do you believe everything the chairman says?

Funnily enough I recall that our shirt sponsors made a bid at the same time and they didn't value the club any higher.

Obviously the club is worth millions and millions because Norman always goes on about how much money he's losing every year.

For me the highest priority at the moment for Smurf is for him to figure out why Vale keep failing to sign player in the January transfer window, the last two Jan transfer windows Vale have come out weakened and it mustn't happen this window. However the failure to sign Mark Sykes suggests that's wishful thinking.

There were a reported six different people/consortiums looking to buy the club when we were in administration when Wildes came in and agreed to pay a lot more than all the other bidders. Every one else knows that they paid more than it was worth even though we were on an upward curve at the time.

Howjy do you believe everything the chairman says?

rayzer,the only person I believe is myself.A simple question becomes another slanging match.How many of the six were serious and why do the administrators keep picking the wrong’uns?

Funnily enough I recall that our shirt sponsors made a bid at the same time and they didn't value the club any higher.

Obviously the club is worth millions and millions because Norman always goes on about how much money he's losing every year.

So £1.25m would be your asking price now,Santa?or a bit less,maybe a little bit more?Surely a little bit more considering our revenue must be greater than 6 years ago?

So £1.25m would be your asking price now,Santa?or a bit less,maybe a little bit more?Surely a little bit more considering our revenue must be greater than 6 years ago?

A little bit more ? How do you work that out ?

our revenue must be greater than 6 years ago?

Leaving aside the exceptional items, the club's turnover was about £3.5 million in 2009/10 under Bratt and only £3.2 million in 2015/16, which gives you some idea about the core business under the direction of the current owner.

Leaving aside the exceptional items, the club's turnover was about £3.5 million in 2009/10 under Bratt and only £3.2 million in 2015/16, which gives you some idea about the core business under the direction of the current owner.

Are there any figures for 2016/17?

I believe their original offer when they first made a bid for the club was a fair bit higher. If you'd bought a car six years ago and ran it into the ground you wouldn't be able to sell it for the same price you paid for it.

Archived