Advert

I'd like to see us go with something positive like this:-

Brown

Gibbons / Legge / Smith / Clark

Whitfield / Kay / Oyeleke / Montano

Dodds

Pope

Subs:- Hornby, Vassell, Conlon, Hannant, Worrall, Kanu, Miller

I feel Conlon,Hannant,Vassell could do with being taken out for a few games, also by bringing Dodds in we may attempt to play through midfield more, if Montano is not fit I'd bring Worrall in and move Whitfield to the left.

There are several managers who are free I'm sure could do a better job without compensation fee - Off the top of my head I think both Nolan and Kewell did decent jobs at this level both where very poorly treated by Notts.

Kewell at least has the passing style, people want to see. Could actually be an interesting option.

He did well at Crawley, but chose the money and went to Notts County. A team so ill, even a team of doctors couldn’t cure them it seems.

Guest TommyMac

Brown

Gibbons Legge Smith Clark

Oyeleke Kay

Whitfield Conlon Hannant

Pope

The 3 supporting Pope need to have free rein to interchange at will to be available to receive a pass. There should be enough energy and willingness to get forward in that team but I've neglected to position anyone in an out and out wide/winger role because we simply have no-one to perform that role to a decent standard.

Kewell at least has the passing style, people want to see. Could actually be an interesting option.

He did well at Crawley, but chose the money and went to Notts County. A team so ill, even a team of doctors couldn’t cure them it seems.

Kewell would be a dire appointment. Did ok at Crawley but nothing to suggest he would push us up the top end.

Nolan is half decent but if anyone saw the Notts games against us or on TV basically similar to Aspin, favours a long ball style with two big men up front (Stead and Ameobi or Forte last year)built on a solid defensive ethos. (A lot of older players in that side last season).

Cant see Aspin starting with your team Tommy, but could see him 'possibly' playing Clarke RB, and if fit Monty LB, but I rather think Vassel despite some dire performances of late, will be given yet another chance on the left.

Whitfield will surely start either wide left or up front with Popey, but to me, unless NA suddenly changed tactics, if it was the latter he would be isolated and ineffective to the extent that he would be subbed after 60 minutes for Quigley...with Conlon being replaced by a catapult at the same time!

The game at Oldham required us to have physicality and resilience to win. We got a bizarre pen. So I expect it will be a team like the last game.

I don't think Oldham are overall a particularly difficult task if we play as well as the second half v Grimsby. I want to see Kanu start.

brown

Clarke,legge,Smith,vassel

Kay

Whitfield, Worral,hannant montano

Pope

Need a bit more energy about us and think that gives us more. Not on for one up front but as we don’t really have anyone to play off pope don’t see much more options.

Oyleke and conlon have needed dropping for weeks, both have been embarrassing

I can fully see why Aspo wants three central defenders at the back as Clarke and Gibbo are too small and poor in the air. Three CBs and those two as wing backs doesn't work as the CBs have no pace.

Issues with our team:

-CBs are awful at passing/finding our midfield and simply hoof it aimlessly away.

-serious lack of pace from the majority of our team.

-only Popey is reliable in front of goal.

- We create hardly any chances for Pope.

Issue with the manager:

- he is far too negative in the formation and players he selects.

- he gives far too much respect to other teams and has us sitting far too deep for long periods of each game.

On the bright side:

- We have Pope (the best player in L2) on a long contract.

-Brown has been superb, player of the season front runner at the half way point.

-Hannant is becoming a consistent 7/10 performer.

-Manny has impressed in most of the games he has played.

Biggest disappointments:

-Miller

-Joyce

Archived