onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Not going today. Had enough of the constant drivel being served up and have decided I’ve better things to do with my time and money.

Plus, we all know what tends to happen with the Vale when the opponents have sacked their manager after the previous game.

That said, I fully expect a win and if we don’t get it, really do think Aspin should step aside. We have made no progress under him but have a better squad than last year IMO but one which is not being utilised to its full potential.

I expect I won’t be alone in missing today and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Vale crowd is 1,500 down on Boxing Day. Oldham will bring 300 at best.

Advert

A lot of people are calling today "Aspin's last chance" as though he will be sacked if we don't win?

I can't see this happening at all? Win, lose or draw Aspin will be here until the end of the season I'm sure?

I agree. He SHOULD step aside. He SHOULD be sacked. But this is Norman Smurthwaite’s Port Vale. Tinpot doesn’t come close.

I wouldn't mind the negativity so much if I could see what our plan is to score and win a game.

We are consistently dropping points to teams that are ****. Our squad might not be a playoff contender but we should be doing better.

Only flaw in the Vale play-off contender squad is the manager sending the team out with negative tactics of don't score. Aspin must be forgetting to say - "Don't let the opposition score". Aspin is setting them up to fail by being very defensive and out of position. With the right manager mentality and that includes Aspin, they would play better I am sure. The question is does he say "You can cross the half way line and attack midfielders".

Jesus, Nogan thought we played well against Grimsby. We are in trouble.

We did play well - only lost by a goal in their eyes.

Team seems to be a bit more attacking. Just hope they don't sit back and let Oldham play the ball around. All depends on what Aspin and Co have set the tactics up and if the players are allowed to play their game and not defend, defend and see if we can nick a goal. Oh by the way, can midfield hoof the ball to Pope and Whitfield, as I don't want you guys too far up the field.

It's a game that should be won by the Vale, but winning games means scoring goals and only three teams in L2 have scored less than the Vale.

Away teams tend to score a goal, and if they score early on and before the Vale team it will be an uphill struggle for our lads.

Just hope that I am wrong and that the Aspins team today concentrates on being attack minded and we score a couple of goals.

It’s a more attacking line up with whitfield and Monty back in. You just have to accept you won’t get the work rate going the other way than say players like Hannant and Worrall would give, but that’s where the other midfielders should come in to their own. I’d go along with it getting close to being Aspins last chance, to me a manager who’s sets up so negatively so consistently is scared for his job and isn’t trusting the players the he has at his disposal. He has to give them the chance, not just a half here and there. Hopefully today’s a step in that direction.

Jesus, Nogan thought we played well against Grimsby. We are in trouble.

Couldn’t believe it when I heard that. He can’t have been watching our game surely.

Oldham have already sussed out Vassell. Another side looked at Vale and know our weaknesses. Guess he is going to be roasted again.

Well summed up by Radio Sjoke about fans being disillusioned. Personally think it could be a rough 2nd half to the season, as the transfer window will probably see our better assets going out and little quality coming in.

Archived