onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We draw Stoke in Checkatrade

CambridgeDon

Advert

We need to go further than that. I urge TRUE supporters to join me in creating a picket line to prevent any misguided supporters from entering the ground. Not one self respecting Port Vale supporter should be in that ground that evening. I hope the club do not acknowledge the fixture, much like the coverage on twitter or the previous fixture at Walsall. I was proud to see that we concentrated on the Youth Cup last night.

Infact, if you're even considering going to that nonsense, choose to watch the kids in the 3rd round of the youth cup instead. Lets get a couple of thousand down to support a worthy competition.

It would be quite good if we can get a home crowd of 1, with someone going in to lay down a massive banner that says 'B Teams, B Gone' or something like that.

I also like the idea of trying to get people down to the Youth game rather than this. We should really do everything we can to put people off this one - we shouldn't have to, but there are always people who go to every game regardless.

I don't particularly mind people going to this competition, even if I don't go myself. However this is a step too far.

In this competition I have acknowledged the games against league opposition but not against u21 teams. I believe this to be the way to go as it shows we still want a competition, but not the B teams.

Any up duck, “scums “ a bit steep to view anyone just for attending a football game. Expect that talk from James McLean, not a fellow supporter. Scum, is the coward who battered the old fella of 97 a week or so ago. Choice and free will are still legal in this country, unfortunately, shallow comments are also legal.

No way on earth I'll be there. However I do recognise the fact that some TRUE Valiants may wish to support OUR TEAM.

You would have to have no self respect whatsoever to pay to watch this farce.

Lets be clear, anyone who pays to go into the ground that day is a scab.

Some absolutely ridiculous comments, how people choose to pay their hard earned cash is there own concern. The club has to play in this competition, it's generating revenue and its certainly helped players like Vassel get some playing time slighty above reserve team level. Am I a big fan of the format - no. I suspect the format will change due to low attendances and the fact clubs like Vale are putting out reserve teams, meaning the whole idea of the under 23 sides playing full teams isn't being fulfilled. Its also a tad ridiculous when the higher league clubs put out million pound plus players. I won't be attending because I'm working in Asia and The Middle East for most of December and January, so although I will fly back for a couple of games and I'll be home for Christmas games, I aren't spending 500 pounds plus for a game I'm very mildly interested in. People have a right to pass opinion on the format and not attend but calling people who have a different opinion scum is really rather childish and juvenile. If people find Vale reserves vs Stoke U23 for a tenner a better way to spend their cash and leisure time let them crack on - its probably better bet for many than Emmerdale and East Enders.

Far from ideal. As others have said its a lose lose situation.

But i don't think calling folk scum is right. I agree the trophy is a joke. But i will go the game just to see.

My stoke mates cant wait go i think the away end will be rammed. They will be floating around the home ends to.

Last thing we need is vale fans fighting amongst ourselves though.

Sorry but after a week at work and the the weekend footy to look forward to, people don't want to pop on our forum and be called scum !

Calm it down please. Worst draw we could have got in my opinion but is the hot topic on the shop floor at work, so Christ knows what kind of turnout we will get?

Archived