onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We draw Stoke in Checkatrade

CambridgeDon

Put out the strongest team possible and give them a thrashing.

Absolutely agree. A full strength side with the likes of Manny and Pope would be way too strong for their failed academy plus Charlie Adam.

Talk of resting players to save face in case of defeat is ridiculous.

Stupid competition or not... This is Stoke... and we have pride in our derby record. Ignore the fact it's Under 23s or whatever it is and just beat the team in front of us. Bring it on.

Up the Vale.

Advert

This is not Stoke. It's a B team.

Why can't people see the bigger picture? This is terrible for football in this country on the whole. Anyone going to this game needs their heads examining

We're playing it now though aren't we. The competition and the bigger picture aside it's Vale v Stoke. What do you propose? I'm not saying pack the park or anything... play to an empty stadium for all I care but just ******* beat them and beat them well.

Ive not been one of these games for a while but don't knock anyone who attends just like I don't knock fans who turn up to meaningless pre-season friendlys, it's not Vales or Vale fans fault that the competition has been ruined.

It certainly is Vales fault .....they along with the others took the cash on offer from the U21 clubs wishing to enter

Me, it gave me some of my best ever times following Stoke back in the early 90s and we should be nowhere near this competition, leave it for those who should be in it

We tried the same here in Denmark, with letting the Premier teams U21's play in the 2. division. It wen't on for I think 2 seasons, then they were voted out again. Here they could determine who were promoted to the 1. division, as one week FC Copenhagen played against the leaders, and they played a real U21 team, even with some U19 and U17 players in the squad. Then the week after, they played no. 2 in the League, and they fielded 6 or 7 first teamers (incl. Zanka now at Huddersfield). Needless to say, that caused an uproar and it was changed in the summer.

And I'm sure the EFL will do the same in the summer! When I watched our game against Boro, it looked like they played whoever was available that evening, because they had to. Not because they wanted to. And if that's the way even one of these so called invited teams think about the competition, then the decision shouldn't be hard to make at all! But I'm sure it will be, because money can apparently buy everything, even the dignity of a competition.

As Radio Joke couldn’t cover the Walsall game stop them covering this game at Port Vale.

I know I live overseas, and therefor don't have any relationship with or part in this dispute.

But for that reason, it can be a bit hard to understand, why a lot of people are so bothered with Radio Stoke? I've grown up with, that if you don't like a tv or radiostation, I just don't watch or listen to it.

But it seems, that a lot of people are really bothered with what goes on at RS, on a personal level? Or at least it seems that way looking in from the outside.

Just a genuine question, as I have wondered about this for some time, why RS has such a huge impact on peoples mood.

It certainly is Vales fault .....they along with the others took the cash on offer from the U21 clubs wishing to enter

Me, it gave me some of my best ever times following Stoke back in the early 90s and we should be nowhere near this competition, leave it for those who should be in it

Completely true Fish.

The vote by the League one and two clubs was to accept this format, though i do believe the clown running us did say no.

If you take the dollars on offer then you have to accept the consequences.

For yourself i'd imagine you still look back fondly about Peterborough , Stockport, Bristol City.

For me, dancing on the pitch at Exeter after a 1-1 draw took us to Wembley.

And on both occasions we actually played very well in the Finals and beat Stockport and Brentford.

Memorable days.

Have not attended any of these and it's only my opinion, but i'm sorry this fixture is simply not Port Vale v Stoke City however people of both sides want to dress it up.

Norm was one of only 8 Chairmen who voted against the inclusion of U21 teams, Wez, so it's actually not our fault.

Fair play to him then Jean but you get my drift, it’s criminal U21s squads are in it

It’s the thin end of the wedge and anybody embracing it needs to see the bigger picture

It’s lije those who think it’s great that our clubs do well in Europe whilst they make a mockery of the FA cup and league cup

Completely true Fish.

The vote by the League one and two clubs was to accept this format, though i do believe the clown running us did say no.

If you take the dollars on offer then you have to accept the consequences.

For yourself i'd imagine you still look back fondly about Peterborough , Stockport, Bristol City.

For me, dancing on the pitch at Exeter after a 1-1 draw took us to Wembley.

And on both occasions we actually played very well in the Finals and beat Stockport and Brentford.

Memorable days.

Have not attended any of these and it's only my opinion, but i'm sorry this fixture is simply not Port Vale v Stoke City however people of both sides want to dress it up.

Hey up mate hope you well

Yep that night at Peterborough is the one of the best I’ve ever had and given what we've achieved and who we’ve played in recent history it says a lot

Hey up mate hope you well

Yep that night at Peterborough is the one of the best I’ve ever had and given what we've achieved and who we’ve played in recent history it says a lot

Sound matey, have get down the Glebe again in the New Year.

Thats why we suffer for those moments.

Not sure what the consensus is amongst Stoke fans or your wattsap group but i'm completely meh about the whole thing.

The Caraboo cup or whatever it is called is heading the same way, is it 6 or 7 who get a bye, treat the competition with contempt and end up in the Final.

Football is forever changing, sometimes for the better sometimes for worse.

In this case the Checkatrade trophy is completely devalued , is 10'000 pounds for a win worth selling your soul for?

Archived