onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We draw Stoke in Checkatrade

CambridgeDon

You would have to have no self respect whatsoever to pay to watch this farce.

Lets be clear, anyone who pays to go into the ground that day is a scab.

What. Don't be a d ick! Scab! This is not an official picket. People have free choice. Words like that just inflame a situation out of all proportions. If you don't weant to go - don't! Simple as that. If you do, have a lovely evening at the match and I hope you enjoy it. Its your (free) choice. :)

Advert

Nightmare?

Yes, I think so - because, as someone has already posted, if we win, we've only beaten their youth team; if we lose, we can't even beat a bunch of U21's, which a complete no-loser for Stoke in terms of bragging rights. Then there'll be the policing costs, with man to man marking by the plods because so few will attend, most likely wiping out any profit we might make. Then there's a good chance the few Stokies that do attend will be looking for trouble with the (hopefully) few Vale fans that go, conjuring up some great headlines. Then it will probably be a very physical game, like all Potteries' derbies, with an increased risk of injury. All for what?

So it looks like one of the worst fixtures we could have dreamed up.

I've got no time for this so-called competition. The EFL have taken away even the one competition we could call our own and, unbelievably, think it's a success because of the extra revenue from premier clubs who probably pay their contribution from the petty cash tin. I hope that the final is Man City or Chelsea or Arsenal U21s battling it out in an almost empty Wembley just to show what a joke it is. And not only a complete joke but an utter farce. And then we get Stoke, to boot.

I couldn't think of a worse fixture. Nightmare indeed.

I’ll settle for something akin to a Van Der Laan header or a MBW penalty. Either will do. I’m not fussy !

I can't imagine it meaning anything close to the same. Imagine how Aspin must be feeling, all those proper derby matches he's played in in front of a full house and he's going to be leading a Vale XI vs a Stoke XI (it isn't Vale vs Stoke in my eyes regardless of what the fixture list says) in front of about 15 people.

I can't imagine it meaning anything close to the same. Imagine how Aspin must be feeling, all those proper derby matches he's played in in front of a full house and he's going to be leading a Vale XI vs a Stoke XI (it isn't Vale vs Stoke in my eyes regardless of what the fixture list says) in front of about 15 people.

I tend to agree with your general comments. But we still want to beat the bustards don’t we ?

We need to go further than that. I urge TRUE supporters to join me in creating a picket line to prevent any misguided supporters from entering the ground. Not one self respecting Port Vale supporter should be in that ground that evening. I hope the club do not acknowledge the fixture, much like the coverage on twitter or the previous fixture at Walsall. I was proud to see that we concentrated on the Youth Cup last night.

Infact, if you're even considering going to that nonsense, choose to watch the kids in the 3rd round of the youth cup instead. Lets get a couple of thousand down to support a worthy competition.

If you don't want to go fair enough, but you can't force anyone else to miss it. Up to the individual.

I wonder if they will play those youngsters Crouch and Adam like they did before.

I'm led to believe off my pie eating lard mate , that the rules have changed and you can only play a maximum of 2 over aged now.

Don't quote me on it as i haven't googled it. Last year Lard had something like Berahino, Affelay, Bojan and Fat Charlie all in the same team and still lost to whoever.

The other night that fledgling promising youngster Gareth Barry aged 37 played for WBA .

Chelsea played Batshuyai once , 33 million and Leicester had 45 million on the pitch in one game.

I'd hazard a guess as with 95% of youngsters most of the young players will end up non-league.

Archived