onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

FGR unbeaten at home, but without a win at home, not the time and place for our usual charity performance. What we need is a resounding win by carrying on the improvement in the second half on Saturday. Not sure whether Montano will be fit, if not keep Clark at LB, surely his best position, and the rest of the finishing 11. A little bit of stability for a change, Hardcastle can always come on later. Put the pressure on straight away, don't let them settle, get the home crowd edgy, but for wins at Grimsby and Notts they would be below us. So no excuse to be defensive, get Clarky running at them and pinging the ball about the area. Let them do the worrying.

Advert

My guess is a repeat of the Carlisle game. Start negative, go 2-0 down, rally a bit but too little too late.

I think we have a few options now. Assuming Monty, Manny or Conlon still aren’t fit I’d go:-

Brown

Gibbons-Legge-Rawlinson-Clark

Hannant-Joyce-Hardcastle

Whitfield-Pope-Miller

I think that is easily the most fluid system and can become more cautious if, by some miracle, we have a lead to defend.

The pressure is on a bit now and we really need something from this game. The approach has to be upbeat and positive and a high tempo from the off is needed. Aspo needs to avoid too many changes from the Newport game but may consider if he swaps out Dodds for the higher energy of Whitfield or goes two up top with Miller. Also, will Monty be fit after going off with a knock on Saturday?

Attack, structured and controlled of course, is the best form of defence for me.

My guess is a repeat of the Carlisle game. Start negative, go 2-0 down, rally a bit but too little too late.

I think we have a few options now. Assuming Monty, Manny or Conlon still aren’t fit I’d go:-

Brown

Gibbons-Legge-Rawlinson-Clark

Hannant-Joyce-Hardcastle

Whitfield-Pope-Miller

I think that is easily the most fluid system and can become more cautious if, by some miracle, we have a lead to defend.

Much as I like this team, can anyone really see Aspin playing Whitfield, Pope and Miller in a starting eleven away from home?

Much as I like this team, can anyone really see Aspin playing Whitfield, Pope and Miller in a starting eleven away from home?

In fairness to Aspo, how many managers would start with 3 like that way from home? It may not be pretty to watch but Neil will be keen not to get beat after 3 defeats on the bounce.

In fairness to Aspo, how many managers would start with 3 like that way from home? It may not be pretty to watch but Neil will be keen not to get beat after 3 defeats on the bounce.

But not attacking and supposedly being difficult to beat has seen us lose all three away games so why not attack?

They may be lucky in every game I don't know but what I do know

is that Newport did exactly that on Saturday

3 4 1 2

For us that would be :

Brown

Legge Rawlinson ?

Hannant Joyce ? Montano

Whitfield

Pope Miller

We don't even start at home like this

Maybe this is how you make your own luck !

Being bold and brave.

Having faith in your attacking strengths

Archived