onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

As mentioned before this game appears to be available to U.K. fans on ifollow I assume due to the International break being this weekend.

Also for those bemoaning the late kits from BLK spare a thought for FGR who will be wearing their temporary sky blue kit as Hummel have failed to deliver even the players kits causing them to last week scrap the deal and sign a new one with a Nottingham based firm which won’t be ready until October!

Much as I like this team, can anyone really see Aspin playing Whitfield, Pope and Miller in a starting eleven away from home?

No doubt he will go with the Pope up front by himself - marked by two defenders and getting a battering. Miller and Whitfield on the bench.

He will use the play the ball out of defence tactic and build an attack. Yep this is the tactic where one of the defenders touches the ball and hoofs it up to Pope, by passing the midfield for the opposition to get it and attack straight away and then score.

Fancy us to get something out of this game, vale's luck has to change sometime.

At least we don't have to be aware of Christian Doidge now.

Another 3 points lost is all I can see at the moment. They are full of confidence and Aspin and team will go with hold out and hope tactic. One person up front and hoof the ball to them.

They may be lucky in every game I don't know but what I do know

is that Newport did exactly that on Saturday

3 4 1 2

For us that would be :

Brown

Legge Rawlinson ?

Hannant Joyce ? Montano

Whitfield

Pope Miller

We don't even start at home like this

Maybe this is how you make your own luck !

Being bold and brave.

Having faith in your attacking strengths

Two natural defenders away from home. Are you mad?!

Trust me mate, I find it hard to look in the mirror when I find myself justifying a defensive stance for Forest ******* Green ******* Rovers!

I don't think even now I've truly accepted what happened two summers ago and the sheer stupidity of that total bell-end of a chairman.

We should have been looking forward to Pompey and Sunderland home and away, instead we're going up a hill to play some cheese-rollers.

They may be Forest ******* Green ******* Rovers but they have a budget which is a million quid more than ours and an owner who gives a toss.

Incidentally, I don't know if you all know but FGR have built a small stand on the Away side of the ground which has 100 seats and some covered standing in front. Improved accommodation from last season.

I wondered why they said it was covered terracing when they announced the ticket details.

I thought they must have given us that home end that was empty while everyone was getting **** wet through last season.

I just want the Vale win a lot more often than we have over the last two years. Four wins every ten games would be a big improvement. Nowhere near enough for promotion but a big improvement on form since Page left. Come on Aspo. We all want you to succeed and become the best manager we've ever had. We're desperate to support a team that we're proud of. We'll be proud if we scare the opposition to death with fast attacking football.

Most fans would accept 12th place this season and a stable summer next year with maybe three new signings rather than 15!

Not many fans will accept bottom six. We have to be a lot better than that.

i'd like to see

--------------brown----------

gibbons-legge-Rawlinson-clark

hannant-manny-joyce-whitfield

-----miller--pope------------

gibbons didn't have a good game but the only other option is manny at right back clark can play there but if monty is injured he'll have to play left back unless Aspin goes for a 3-5-2

-------brown-----

smith-legge-Rawlinson

manny-joyce-hardcastle-clark

-----whitfield or hannant----

------pope-miller-----

Archived