onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yesterday's lessons

old sage

I suspect there are a lot like that - who spill out of the pubs at 2.45 and then appear amazed that they have to queue up to get a ticket when the kick-off is 5-10 minutes away. Terrible forward planning but let's have another pint and blame the Vale for the predicted delay.

It would be a good idea if tickets were posted to folk living outside the local area, I agree. I suppose they do that if they don't get picked up by yesterday - or do they?

It is frustrating but everyone knows what the system is so should get there a few minutes early.

Advert

Recommend online ticketing and the print at home option. Personally I use the printer at work. Tried it once with my dad’s printer last Christmas and the barcode scanner at the turnstile couldn’t read it. Must be those inks he buys off the market. Would be nice if at some point in the future you could stick a pdf on your phone.

That is factual but I for one have just got back from holiday so couldn't collect until yesterday and i suspect some couldn't collect due to their distance from VP or work commitments. An option to post would have been good. The people I have no time for is those who visit the pub and turn up 10mins before expecting to just walk up. Get your tickets before going the pub!!!
Distance is not a problem, I rang up a week ago and my ST arrived in the post the next day.

I think there are 2 sides to this . Fans can turn up early or print online, the club can be better organised.If you know fans regularly turn up late it can be planned for. Who needs who most ? Suggest its the people taking the fans money. Vale seem to go out of the way to make it hard for fans to give them money. Try buying food or drink in Lorne St at halftime and consuming such before the game recommences, that's assuming it hasn't sold out. Tried to be clever yesterday and nipped in early and missed Millers goal.

here is a split one,

as the tannoy was er broken in the paddock/stand it was quite interesting that on our side we broke into cheering and shouting vale vale vale in unison whilst I think (it was quietly done) the other parts of the ground were doing glad all over when we scored

Although not a hater of glad all over the celebrations were more natural without it but of course the game and the way we played helped to create it.

here is a split one,

as the tannoy was er broken in the paddock/stand it was quite interesting that on our side we broke into cheering and shouting vale vale vale in unison whilst I think (it was quietly done) the other parts of the ground were doing glad all over when we scored

Although not a hater of glad all over the celebrations were more natural without it but of course the game and the way we played helped to create it.

We binned glad all over at the back end of the 12/13 season and it made goals far better. The tinny, tinpot blaring of such a ridiculous song and the childlike “clap clap” sort of kills the euphoria post scoring.

Get it gone. Hate goal music, and this songs the worst of the bunch.

As it's 2018, and everyone has a smartphone, would it be possible to have a ticket that can just be downloaded onto your phone to be scanned at the turnstile? People could buy the ticket on their phone and present it when they go in.

I bought a ticket online and tried this but it wouldn't scan?

The ticket office will post them out if asked.

It's really not the point is it? Every club playing at home yesterday would have had people collecting season tickets.

It shouldn't be too difficult to put up a couple of signs telling people where to collect them from so they don't wait pointlessly in the wrong queue.

These are absolute basics of customer relations and how anyone can defend their continual mess-ups is beyond me.

If people don’t decide to go til the day of the game then that problem is always going to be there. It’s not like tickets only went on sale yesterday is it. Fans can help out too by being more organised themselves.

I know some people’s curcumstances are different and may only be able to decide on the day, or they are travelling in, but to criticise about massive queues and waiting ages to pick up a match ticket when they’ve all turned up so close to kick off is a bit harsh I think.

Having said that, having a satellite ticket office on a match day is a good idea I think.

I get what you're saying, but even so, can I just then suggest to do what I did? Go online, buy your tickets, and print them out at home! I couldn't believe the queue! I thought we were gonna have a 10.000 crowd, by the look of that queue!

But my easy advice is; go online and print at home! Then you can walk straight in, as I did :yes:

It's really not the point is it? Every club playing at home yesterday would have had people collecting season tickets.

It shouldn't be too difficult to put up a couple of signs telling people where to collect them from so they don't wait pointlessly in the wrong queue.

These are absolute basics of customer relations and how anyone can defend their continual mess-ups is beyond me.

I have season tickets at two clubs. The other one sends them to me by post. It's not a mess up.

I went into the shop at around 2 pm and came out about 10 minutes later. There was no queue at the ticket office.

I have season tickets at two clubs. The other one sends them to me by post. It's not a mess up.

I went into the shop at around 2 pm and came out about 10 minutes later. There was no queue at the ticket office.

I and hundreds of others must have seen a mirage in the heat then.

Archived