onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yesterday's lessons

old sage

I'm told there was a queue up to Hamil road. There wasn't. There may have been later but not at 2 pm.

A manager with a bit of gumption would have dispatched someone outside to make the straightforward cash sales from those people queuing. A manager who knows hundreds of people will be collecting season tickets would make sure they know where to do so.

Believe it or not, for all sorts of reasons not all of us can be in Burslem by 2pm. Nor should we have to.

But hey-ho, let's muddle along with things eh?

Advert

A manager with a bit of gumption would have dispatched someone outside to make the straightforward cash sales from those people queuing. A manager who knows hundreds of people will be collecting season tickets would make sure they know where to do so.

Believe it or not, for all sorts of reasons not all of us can be in Burslem by 2pm. Nor should we have to.

But you all have a telephone and could have had your season ticket posted if you were unable to get to the club before Saturday. I honestly think you are blaming the ticket office when they are not at fault.

But you all have a telephone and could have had your season ticket posted if you were unable to get to the club before Saturday. I honestly think you are blaming the ticket office when they are not at fault.

This isn't to do with what you think people should have done. The fact is that yesterday hundreds of people would be collecting their season tickets. It's no-one but the ticket office's job to make sure that goes smoothly. It didn't. The TO manager has form to say the least. I won't make the mistake again of thinking they've got a clue what they are doing.

I should imagine there would be an insurance problem with cash handling outside the ticket office.

This isn't to do with what you think people should have done. The fact is that yesterday hundreds of people would be collecting their season tickets. It's no-one but the ticket office's job to make sure that goes smoothly. It didn't. The TO manager has form to say the least. I won't make the mistake again of thinking they've got a clue what they are doing.

Perhaps the ticket office staff need to make the assumption in future that hundreds of fans will turn up 15 minutes before kick off and get annoyed when they don’t walk straight to the front of the queue - especially when they could have had their STs posted two weeks ago.

Fantastic idea. All fans from outside the area to go to VP the day before and collect their tickets, go home then come back again the next day.

Or any other day in the past few weeks, or phone the ticket office to get it sent in the post.

There can't be that many people traveling into the area for the game.

At the moment are ticket collections and ticket sales done in the same building? If so it could be an idea to move the collections out to the old ticket office maybe to lessen the load in the new ticket office.

Season tickets were being handed out from the windows inside the club shop. There are two windows, one was for prepaid ticket collection and the other was for season ticket collections.

Just one problem....no-one thought it was worth putting a 5p sign up saying which was which, so I and many others queued in the wrong line.

This, it seems, is all fine and dandy and it's unreasonable to expect a Ticket Office manager to actually manage the place.

Season tickets were being handed out from the windows inside the club shop. There are two windows, one was for prepaid ticket collection and the other was for season ticket collections.

Just one problem....no-one thought it was worth putting a 5p sign up saying which was which, so I and many others queued in the wrong line.

This, it seems, is all fine and dandy and it's unreasonable to expect a Ticket Office manager to actually manage the place.

I agree thats a simple thing to sort out.

So were matchday tickets being sold out of there too?

I agree thats a simple thing to sort out.

So were matchday tickets being sold out of there too?

No, they were round at the ticket office windows facing the Paddock.

They did once put someone outside to do cash sales to people waiting in the queue. One problem... they stood by the ticket office so by then cash buyers had already wasted time queuing!

I'd love to say that Saturday was out of the ordinary but it wasnt. I could give countless examples of poor practice by that part of the club. The manager seems to be above any sort of criticism or action so nothing's changing any time soon.

I see there's an article about the poor chap who passed away in the Sentinel today.

A terrible thing to happen. His family must be devastated. You go out on a sunny day to watch a game of football but don't come home.

Great credit to all those who tried to help him.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/port-vale-fan-tony-evans-1866004

slightly off topic,

One possible lesson all clubs could learn form yesterday & In light of the sad passing of a fellow valiant,a chap near me commented at that time what I thought was a great idea,

He said "Wouldnt it be a good idea if fans attending for a few home games chipped in a pound for the purchase of defibs which can be positioned around the ground (maybe put on the stand pillars) and saving valuable time whilst waiting for the paramedics"

Seemed to take an age to get one. Also need to look at radio's being used on the day. St John's ladies could not radio over to the other side to get kit. All the radio's should be all on the same wave length. Great response from the fans that helped and the thanks fans gave them as they helped the man out.

Thoughts go out to the family.

Fantastic idea. All fans from outside the area to go to VP the day before and collect their tickets, go home then come back again the next day.

Or, as has been pointed out numerous times, just bother to think and call the ticket office and they would have posted it.

Archived