onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yesterday's lessons

old sage

Advert

Smithie is correct.

Customer is king. The club should be making it as easy as possible to sell stuff to people. They usually do quite the opposite.

In this instance there are many ways in which tickets could’ve been collected or even posted. We should make it easier on match day but there are many other easier options.

In this instance there are many ways in which tickets could’ve been collected or even posted. We should make it easier on match day but there are many other easier options.

OK, let's look at it this way. 3000 season tickets posted out = 3000 postage stamps at 65 or 56p.

3000 people collecting their ST's means 3000 potential customers in the club shop.

I know which one I'd go for if I was trying to sell as much merchandise as possible.

Seemed to take an age to get one. Also need to look at radio's being used on the day. St John's ladies could not radio over to the other side to get kit. All the radio's should be all on the same wave length.

These are the most important aspects of the game on saturday that the club should be analysing (and I'm sure they will). The response of the first aiders and also any problems they may have encountered in using their radios or getting hold of a defib machine.

OK, let's look at it this way. 3000 season tickets posted out = 3000 postage stamps at 65 or 56p.

3000 people collecting their ST's means 3000 potential customers in the club shop.

I know which one I'd go for if I was trying to sell as much merchandise as possible.

Maybe so but that’s the way clubs and basically every company will do it. The option is there to have it posted and so it should be. It’s the kind of thing if we didn’t offer people would complain.

Maybe so but that’s the way clubs and basically every company will do it. The option is there to have it posted and so it should be. It’s the kind of thing if we didn’t offer people would complain.

You're fighting a losing battle on this one mate. Some people will moan/complain whatever the circumstances (I actually agree with both sides of the argument to an extent), so best to give it up. People who miss a train that leaves on the hour having turned up to buy their ticket at 1 minute to the hour only have themselves to blame, but that doesn't stop them complaining.

Those 3000 who had their STs posted out could spend a bit more time in the shop instead of queuing to collect or buy a ticket.I believe in making things easy for myself.Not everyone is the same,I admit.

Seemed to take an age to get one. Also need to look at radio's being used on the day. St John's ladies could not radio over to the other side to get kit. All the radio's should be all on the same wave length. Great response from the fans that helped and the thanks fans gave them as they helped the man out.

Thoughts go out to the family.

Isnt there a defib at the front of the paadock on the side of the police box?

These are absolute basics of customer relations and how anyone can defend their continual mess-ups is beyond me.

I've never had a problem with tickets being posted out to me, so there are no mess-ups to be defended, from my perspective. And I've never had bad service in the shop itself.

They ask for postage! Could any club shop the size of Vale's cope with a couple of thousand people all converging between 2.30 and kickoff on a match day? I doubt it. And you certainly wouldn't be able to serve non-ticket sales to that many, in such a short space of time. Get yourself organized instead of ******* whinging!

These are the most important aspects of the game on saturday that the club should be analysing (and I'm sure they will). The response of the first aiders and also any problems they may have encountered in using their radios or getting hold of a defib machine.

Having worked with them at big community events, I'm fairly sure St John's are responsible for ensuring their kit is working properly? If there's only one defib machine, the optimum siting can't be assessed, except, probably, where the most fans will be?

I missed three renditions of glad all over, as I was in the stand. If the league tables were based only on the first games of the season we would be playing in the champions league by now (14 years without defeat is stunning) and the trees in the Bycars are coming along just fine in this drought.

Archived