onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synetics where are you?

Mattholl

According to the believers on here and facebook Synetics are the saviours in waiting, so just where are they with NS and the club at probably an all time low?

I should imagine they have given up considering the mess Smurthwaite has got the club in.

Advert

Different situation. Much bigger city.

The two conurbations aren't that different in population sizes. The difference is in Rovers' bigger support. They don't share either the innate pessimism & negativity that plagues our support, nor the inertia that pervades every part of PVFC from the club shop to the ticket office to the commercial department to the catering kiosks.

The two conurbations aren't that different in population sizes. The difference is in Rovers' bigger support. They don't share either the innate pessimism & negativity that plagues our support, nor the inertia that pervades every part of PVFC from the club shop to the ticket office to the commercial department to the catering kiosks.
Newcastle under Lyme and Stoke on Trent combined are smaller than Bristol.

You look at Bristol Rovers, Luton, Oxford who have all gone into non-league and come back stronger. But also look at Stockport (are are semi-pro now) and Tranmere (still languishing in the conference).

We will fit into the Stockport/Tranmere with this owner. Gates will drop to 2,000 and Norman will refuse to sell, cut the budget further, waste more money in directors loans and add another £1m onto the asking price.

And I say this with absolute certainty, we will not be a L2 club next season. Anyone that can't see what I see needs their heads shaking.

You look at Bristol Rovers, Luton, Oxford who have all gone into non-league and come back stronger. But also look at Stockport (are are semi-pro now) and Tranmere (still languishing in the conference).

We will fit into the Stockport/Tranmere with this owner. Gates will drop to 2,000 and Norman will refuse to sell, cut the budget further, waste more money in directors loans and add another £1m onto the asking price.

And I say this with absolute certainty, we will not be a L2 club next season. Anyone that can't see what I see needs their heads shaking.

I suggest you stick everything you own on us going down at the lovely price of 14/1 then.

We're similar sized clubs with support that fluctuates depending on how we're performing. Bar a very small number of clubs, there aren't many that can retain a positive supportive consistent group of fans in times of crisis. I don't go along with this assumption that our fans are the most fickle, negative, moaning bunch out there. Go on most message boards in the lower leagues, and any team below the play off places will be just as downbeat as us.

NS clearly has an alterior motive. If he genuinely wanted to make a success out of PVFC he would NOT:

-have separated the club from the ground.

-systematically and continuously reduced the quality of the playing squad over four transfer windows

-continuously treated supporters with contempt.

...I could go on but won't.

He clearly has no intention to sell which, to my mind, confirms that he intends to make money out of one branch of his Port Vale business venture. Given he hasn't got a clue how to run the football side of the club, it's not too difficult to see where he intends to make some money in the future.

Enough is enough. Get out of our club.

Archived