onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Well, brexit was successful because of the older generations. That’s fact. So who else’s fault is it? It’s east to vote for something when you’re pension isn’t at risk despite not paying enough, your mortgage is paid and you no longer have to worry about your job. They can just focus on those pesky immigrants and flag waving. We’re Great Britain they’ll have to give us what we want. The amount of times I heard that before the vote.

in general pensioners of today have worked all or most of their lives, also a good number doing heavy, manual work, this meant paying taxes, national insurance, for about 50yrs, so perscriptions, bus passes, free tv licence over 75, winter heating payment, are a thank you for your service... and if you begrudge them that, God help you.

Advert

I might be wrong but I thought Labours stance was the same as the Conservatives in that we will have to leave the single market?

Wait until Monday and comrade Jezza will say he has had a change of heart and will want to stay in the single market.

This means we won't be able to negotiate with other countries for trade deals and accept freedom of movement.

He will do this for political gain hoping he can get enough remoaning Conservative MP,s to side with him to force a General Election.He will sit on the fence trying to appease both leavers and remoaners until he gets power.All his promises about no student loans and nationalising public services will be conveniently forgotten.

Guest TommyMac
Yes it is, read what the EU statement actually says then consider how it's been presented by the press.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I really don't know where you're going with this.

Here's a direct quote from the Daily Mirror:

British motorists might be stopped from driving in Europe after Brexit because UK licences will no longer be recognised, it has been claimed.

If ministers fail to strike a deal with the EU on transport holidaymakers might find themselves unable to hire a car on the Continent.

During a presentation yesterday the European Commission suggested the mutual recognition of driving licences could be withdrawn as a “consequence of the UK becoming a third country in the road transport sector”.

It said if the UK left the internal market “all current EU law-based rights, obligations and benefits" would cease.

So The Daily Mirror is peddling classic propaganda as an organisation with a vested interest in promoting a right wing 'hard Brexit'?

I'd stop digging if I was you.

So we won’t have another general election because the people have already spoken?? Why is the Referendum the only vote that cannot be challenged? Bill Cash and his mates have spent 40 odd years challenging the previous one.

Of course it can and perhaps should be challenged but not 18 months after the last one. As with the Scottish independence referendum they should be once in a generation events. You can't keep having them until people get the result they want.

Everyone knew when the referendum date was so if the snowflake generation can't get off their backsides and vote, it's no use crying now and wanting a re-run.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

People worried sick about their future in the country where they've made their home, having to uprooting their families, I know colleagues and friends who have received verbal abuse on the street and asked when they're going home. Making decent people feel unwelcome in a country that's turned the clock backwards.

So, yeah. Hilarious. Perhaps that's OK though in your book.

The Human Cost

Asking someone when they're going home :laugh:

At least make up a physical attack or something like the remain mob kept doing after the referendum.

I work almost exclusively with immigrants and I've not heard one single story of abuse, violence or any other negativity because of Brexit.

This will be my only comment on this already saturated subject. The Great Unwashed should never have even had a vote on whether to leave or not. This is why we elect MP’s, who are far more qualified to make an educated decision on such an important decision. The future ? I don’t give a toss about the future. If you want to blame anyone, there is only one person to blame. Cameron for allowing the vote in the first place as people were NEVER going to vote on political issue’s, even if they had the knowledge to do so. Just move on let things pan out as they will because nothing we say or do will make one iota of difference. Now what time is Emmerdale on ?

The Human Cost

Asking someone when they're going home :laugh:

At least make up a physical attack or something like the remain mob kept doing after the referendum.

I work almost exclusively with immigrants and I've not heard one single story of abuse, violence or any other negativity because of Brexit.

Well you’ve not heard one it mustn’t have happened. Forget the home office stats and multiple reports and data analysis by educated people, regale beagle says it doesn’t happen.

The reports suggest up to a 41% increase. Maybe you’re thinking that because they didn’t shout ‘this is for brexit’ as they abused them then it wasn’t related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

in general pensioners of today have worked all or most of their lives, also a good number doing heavy, manual work, this meant paying taxes, national insurance, for about 50yrs, so perscriptions, bus passes, free tv licence over 75, winter heating payment, are a thank you for your service... and if you begrudge them that, God help you.

I don’t begrudge them for that at all. I absolutely believe they deserve if and more. I just believe that the younger generations deserve the same opportunities as well. That’s the difference between us.

Well you’ve not heard one it mustn’t have happened. Forget the home office stats and multiple reports and data analysis by educated people, regale beagle says it doesn’t happen.

The reports suggest up to a 41% increase. Maybe you’re thinking that because they didn’t shout ‘this is for brexit’ as they abused them then it wasn’t related.

Utter garbage from the educated again.

Where have I said it didn't happen? I'm just putting the same argument that was used in the post I quoted.

Having said that, the stats I have seen on 'crime' 'increases' are ridiculous, even the educated home office.

Try reading my post again before you reply next time.

Archived