onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Bexit is a really nice smoke screen to mask some things that should really worry us.

You for example “a drivers licence”.

REALLY

Folk are lying for twelve hours on trollies in our A&E s.

If you have a heart attack you will probbably die.

Immigration is out of control.

Crime figures are manipulated but on the streets it is dire.

MEANWHILE YOU DITHER ABOUT BREXIT.

Let’s worry about the state of England first.

driving licence's I mentioned because it was the latest thing they came up with, the NHS indeed something has to be done, how about sorting the staffing out ie the numerous staff not in contact with the patients, on wards the desk 4 or 5 at computers- nurses? I will hark back a few years everything ran perfect with a matron, then on each ward a ward sister, charge nurse, nurses... now we've got administrators, ward administrators, admittance nurses, discharge nurses, then the nurse...

Drug companies charging the earth for drugs and so making huge profits... sort these out and the over staffing on paper-work and get back to basic's.

Immigration curb it, have selective immigration only let people in with trades we need, Australia and Canada have done ok with it.

Crime- stop our police being hand tied with laws from European court of human rights, have prision's that are a deterant, and not holiday camps...

After all that I would say 90% of our problems today are eu generated... so if our govt. stand firm and on 29/3/19 at 1100am we shall have left, as per the wishes of the majority of the voters in he uk...

Advert

Do you honestly believe Red Robbo would have sat back and allowed Michael Edwards to install robots at the expense of manual jobs?

Remember back then, Robbo and his union were very powerful.

If his members were paid more for producing more and better with better tools why not? It seemed to work in Germany.

You can bet if you like but I have met quite a few people who have said it, never met one who said I voted remain and regret it.

The will of the people has changed. The future should represent that, another referendum this year and remain would walk it.

if the govt. had given a neutral view of the facts you might well be right, but the people who bothered to vote, voted to leave, that's democracy, if you change your mind you can't ask to vote again.

If the govt. had another vote it would set a precedent, so if the people who lost that, they could have another vote etc etc...

When Brexiteers are getting manipulated into thinking that immigration numbers will be reduced when actually it wont change at all this is what happens! So many insular uneducated Little Britainers in the country who have just signed their own worst nightmare, and they still defend it now, a governments dream.

there were 52% insular uneducated Little Britrainers who got off their ar**es to vote, and so carried it...

Irrelevant of whether someone voted leave or remain there are few points to consider here; 'we' won wars - yes but only in alliance with other countries, e.g., Napoleonic Wars, Crimean War, WW1, WW2, unless you are referring to 'wars' like those in Africa where British forces armed with Henry-Martini rifles defeated local tribespeople armed with spears and goatskin shields.

When referring to the British Empire it's maximum expanse was around a quarter of the globe, impressive but not 'most', plus imperialism was hardly a force for good, at the height of the empire with all the wealth in Britain the standard of living and life expectancy for the vast majority of the British population was lower than that of a peasant in ancient Greece. The working class were enslaved, not only did they 'rule' nothing they weren't even represented, the empire only benefited a small elite.

The industrial revolution started here and quickly spread and if it hadn't happened in Britain it would have taken place somewhere else in Europe around that time, it was the age of enlightenment and science was advancing across the whole continent.

Finally we ARE European, we can't divorce ourselves from our geographical position and our fellow Europeans Are, generally, unhappy to see us leave the EU because they know we have a lot to offer and they also know Europe is stronger together when competing in the modern global economy with the likes of China, USA and India, huge economic areas with vast barrier free single currency markets.

So, whether someone wishes to be a member of the EU or not it's such a monumental choice with such huge long term consequences it's important the choice is made from consideration of factual information.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

you might be right about the British Empire and imperialism, but many European countries were doing it ,Germany,France,Belgium,Holland, but we happened to be best at it...

What I can't understand is, if you believe something is right but a lot of people disagree with you, do you change your mind or do you still believe that it's right? If the result had been the other way round would Farage and the Tory back benchers all have said, "Oh gosh, we were wrong all along, the EU is wonderful"? Would they ****. So why should I?

no, in a democracy if your view is defeated, you bite the bullet, and abide by the majority...

Just going back to the original post regarding driving licences, what an utterly misleading way the press have presented what is a minor issue. The fact of the matter is like a million and one other things after leaving the EU all current agreements cease to be in force and new ones need sorting out. It's a technicality and an example of the vast amount of bureaucracy required by the UK to sort the post EU era, not just with the EU but with any other nations we will now deal with separately.

There is no way a UK licence will not be recognised in the EU, that would be to no one's benefit, it's just that technically an agreement has to be sorted to make it so. I've driven all over the place and have never been refused car hire or insurance even in places like Thailand and Borneo so it's hardly likely the EU won't accept a UK licence when millions of us have driven all over Europe for decades.

Stories like this are classic propaganda peddled by people with a vested interest in promoting a right wing 'hard Brexit' giving the ridiculous impression that the EU are some kind of enemy state that wishes to punish the UK.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

So we won’t have another general election because the people have already spoken?? Why is the Referendum the only vote that cannot be challenged? Bill Cash and his mates have spent 40 odd years challenging the previous one.

elections occur every 5yrs or sooner if the party in asks for one, referendums are extremely rare and are by act of parliament due to the principle of parliamentary sovereignty...

Why does a country of 60m people which doesn’t have significant natural resources think it can compete successfully and economically with countries and trading blocks each containing 300m+ people. Esspecially one that’s allowed the rape and pillage of it’s manufacturing sector over the last 40 years or so.

The uk has punched above it’s weight in the world for centuries but for me in the modern world the future outside the eu is much more uncertain. Talk about shooting oneself in the foot.

Just going back to the original post regarding driving licences, what an utterly misleading way the press have presented what is a minor issue. The fact of the matter is like a million and one other things after leaving the EU all current agreements cease to be in force and new ones need sorting out. It's a technicality and an example of the vast amount of bureaucracy required by the UK to sort the post EU era, not just with the EU but with any other nations we will now deal with separately.

There is no way a UK licence will not be recognised in the EU, that would be to no one's benefit, it's just that technically an agreement has to be sorted to make it so. I've driven all over the place and have never been refused car hire or insurance even in places like Thailand and Borneo so it's hardly likely the EU won't accept a UK licence when millions of us have driven all over Europe for decades.

Stories like this are classic propaganda peddled by people with a vested interest in promoting a right wing 'hard Brexit' giving the ridiculous impression that the EU are some kind of enemy state that wishes to punish the UK.

You're right. It's a huge amount of extremely fine detail technical stuff over a huge amount of areas of life and sectors of the economy. I work for a chemical company and there is an EU wide set of regulations and industry standards called REACH, we currently comply with this and are happy to do so, given the hazardous nature of the industry. The uncertainty regarding what happens next is problematic.

The UK will have to replicate a whole new set of regulations from scratch. In order to continue to sell to customers in EU countries, REACH will have to be copied, and constantly shadowed and revised by the new UK agency which doesn't exist yet. We're a year away and nothing has been done. We're still at the stage where Tories are making big substance-free speeches full of vague aspirational guff.

And this is just one sector.

Politicians are the problem with Brexit.

Corbyn has now conned his followers that we need to stay in the single market and be dictated to by Europe for the foreseeable future.Like sheep they follow him despite the majority voting to leave.It was clearly explained that if we left Europe we would would have to leave the single market and then would be able to conduct our own trade deals.

If we stay in the single market we would then have to accept freedom of movement.People in Stoke on Trent voted to leave but Corbyn sees the chance of forcing a general election for his own political gain.The remoaners like Anna Soubery are ignoring their own constituents who voted 65 % to leave and think they know better.It will be interesting to see if the Labour MP,s in Stoke back their constituents who voted to leave or toe the party line if Corbyn tries to stay in the single market and attempt to force a general election.

Politicians are the problem with Brexit.

Corbyn has now conned his followers that we need to stay in the single market and be dictated to by Europe for the foreseeable future.Like sheep they follow him despite the majority voting to leave.It was clearly explained that if we left Europe we would would have to leave the single market and then would be able to conduct our own trade deals.

If we stay in the single market we would then have to accept freedom of movement.People in Stoke on Trent voted to leave but Corbyn sees the chance of forcing a general election for his own political gain.The remoaners like Anna Soubery are ignoring their own constituents who voted 65 % to leave and think they know better.It will be interesting to see if the Labour MP,s in Stoke back their constituents who voted to leave or toe the party line if Corbyn tries to stay in the single market and attempt to force a general election.

Several issues.

1. Most of Labour voters voted remain (65%)

2. As a Labour voter and a remain voter, I've been left fairly annoyed with Corbyn's lack of clarity on Brexit.

3. Conducting trade deals takes many years, and won't be completed by the time we leave the Single Market (if we were stupid enough to do so). We already have lots of trade deals in place as part of our membership of the EU.

4. Using the term remoaners makes you look a fool

5. If being 'dictated' to by Europe is the price to pay for avoiding the utter shambles that we're currently in, then sign me up.

Have a good day mate.

It was clearly explained that if we left Europe we would would have to leave the single market

It wasn't.

To my knowledge Labour have not yet campaigned for continued membership of the SM. A lot of people including Corbyn talk about retaining "access" to the SM.

Continued membership the single market would be the least worst case scenario for the economy, according to the Tories' own impact studies.

driving licence's I mentioned because it was the latest thing they came up with, the NHS indeed something has to be done, how about sorting the staffing out ie the numerous staff not in contact with the patients, on wards the desk 4 or 5 at computers- nurses? I will hark back a few years everything ran perfect with a matron, then on each ward a ward sister, charge nurse, nurses... now we've got administrators, ward administrators, admittance nurses, discharge nurses, then the nurse...

Drug companies charging the earth for drugs and so making huge profits... sort these out and the over staffing on paper-work and get back to basic's.

Immigration curb it, have selective immigration only let people in with trades we need, Australia and Canada have done ok with it.

Crime- stop our police being hand tied with laws from European court of human rights, have prision's that are a deterant, and not holiday camps...

After all that I would say 90% of our problems today are eu generated... so if our govt. stand firm and on 29/3/19 at 1100am we shall have left, as per the wishes of the majority of the voters in he uk...

Then I look forward to a few years time when drug companies don’t charge so much for their drugs and crime is reduced by 90%. Jesus wept. And the fact that leavers somehow expected the eu to give us what we wanted is laughable, and now they won’t they are ‘holding us to ransom’. It was the whole, ‘we’re Great Britain, they need us’ mind set.

Right I’m off to cancel my sky subscription. I’m going to negotiation my own deals with the film studios myself for to get a better deal for the good of my family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Archived