Davebrad

Brexit again...

You'll have to ask the trade unions who ruined the car industry in the 70's.
Or the factory owners who did not invest in automation to reduce costs and improve productivity and quality. Other countries managed it.

Junker Draghi Tusk and Schulz all EU Presidents and none of them were elected.
Yes they were, they were elected by our elected representatives. Not a perfect system I'll grant you but they were elected all the same. Unelected heads of state are dictators like Kim Jong-Un or monarchs like Lizzie Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, sorry, Windsor.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I fail to see how voting leave does anything to help your children.

there is absalutley no way in 10 years time we will be saying it's 'the best thing we ever did'.

Agree with what Yukon said.

We'll have to wait and see then. I have no regrets whatsoever. I voted out, the country voted out, we're getting out. Remoaners lost the argument 18 months ago, they need to get over it!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

honestly sick of these remoaners, we won u lost aha

in my view the papers need signing and sir nigel farage needs be in 10 downin street tomorrer mornin

get us out ffs

miss the days when men wer men and we won wars and delivered wallopings and we oppressed people through are empire. you'll see me leadin the charge, carling in hand, if they dare stop brexit. remember, brexit means brexit

off to bed, got be up for me full english tomorrow mornin. night.

What I can't understand is, if you believe something is right but a lot of people disagree with you, do you change your mind or do you still believe that it's right? If the result had been the other way round would Farage and the Tory back benchers all have said, "Oh gosh, we were wrong all along, the EU is wonderful"? Would they ****. So why should I?

Let me put it another way, if you’re over 50 and voted leave you are a selfish, ignorant ***** who has made their children, grandchildren etc’s lives much more difficult.

The whole priapic imperialist fantasy would be quite amusing (in a Viz comic-Male Online sort of way) if I hadn't witnessed some of the human cost at first hand. That period immediately after the referendum was basically bigot christmas.

Still, they all voted for unicorns and when they don't appear it will be someone else's fault, someone else's betrayal.

What I can't understand is, if you believe something is right but a lot of people disagree with you, do you change your mind or do you still believe that it's right? If the result had been the other way round would Farage and the Tory back benchers all have said, "Oh gosh, we were wrong all along, the EU is wonderful"? Would they ****. So why should I?

You shouldn't.

I imagine most remain voters would have been a bit miffed if the result was reversed and we'd started talking about leaving this and leaving that though.

The folk have spoken. Knock it on the head. COME ON!

The whole priapic imperialist fantasy would be quite amusing (in a Viz comic-Male Online sort of way) if I hadn't witnessed some of the human cost at first hand. That period immediately after the referendum was basically bigot christmas.

Still, they all voted for unicorns and when they don't appear it will be someone else's fault, someone else's betrayal.

:laugh:

Tell us, what is the human cost of brexit that you witnessed first hand?

Everyone has a right to an opinion although we live in a democracy and we've had a public vote which needs to be followed through on. Of course you can't please all the people...... but ultimately you've got to enforce the will of the majority which now has to happen.

Another popular false belief from the arrogant, pathetic remain voters.

It’s not false. Higher educated people voted to remain (70% of those with a degree) and lower educated people voted to leave (70% of people who left school at 16). Check for yourself. And comments here about spitfires, empires and world wars speak volumes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tell us, what is the human cost of brexit that you witnessed first hand?

People worried sick about their future in the country where they've made their home, having to uprooting their families, I know colleagues and friends who have received verbal abuse on the street and asked when they're going home. Making decent people feel unwelcome in a country that's turned the clock backwards.

So, yeah. Hilarious. Perhaps that's OK though in your book.

Edited by Santa

Was the Spitfire Junckers Junkers comment a pun? If so it was a good one in my opinion.

I voted remain, only just though as there are loads of things wrong with the EU.

Least of all their lesser ability in building manoeuvrable fighter planes.

Guest TommyMac
Or the factory owners who did not invest in automation to reduce costs and improve productivity and quality. Other countries managed it.

Do you honestly believe Red Robbo would have sat back and allowed Michael Edwards to install robots at the expense of manual jobs?

Remember back then, Robbo and his union were very powerful.

Everyone has a right to an opinion although we live in a democracy and we've had a public vote which needs to be followed through on. Of course you can't please all the people...... but ultimately you've got to enforce the will of the majority which now has to happen.

So we won’t have another general election because the people have already spoken?? Why is the Referendum the only vote that cannot be challenged? Bill Cash and his mates have spent 40 odd years challenging the previous one.

The whole point of a democracy is that you can change your mind. If circumstances change and things are not what were expected, surely it is sensible to think again and not jump off a cliff? Whether there are enough MPs willing to seek confirmation or not that we are doing the right thing is a different matter. The hard Brexit election didn't go too well, so vested interests are likely to come before the national interest, and the country will drift on for years to come. So back to the Vale tomorrow where the needs are more pressing.

Bexit is a really nice smoke screen to mask some things that should really worry us.

You for example “a drivers licence”.

REALLY

Folk are lying for twelve hours on trollies in our A&E s.

If you have a heart attack you will probbably die.

Immigration is out of control.

Crime figures are manipulated but on the streets it is dire.

MEANWHILE YOU DITHER ABOUT BREXIT.

Let’s worry about the state of England first.

driving licence's I mentioned because it was the latest thing they came up with, the NHS indeed something has to be done, how about sorting the staffing out ie the numerous staff not in contact with the patients, on wards the desk 4 or 5 at computers- nurses? I will hark back a few years everything ran perfect with a matron, then on each ward a ward sister, charge nurse, nurses... now we've got administrators, ward administrators, admittance nurses, discharge nurses, then the nurse...

Drug companies charging the earth for drugs and so making huge profits... sort these out and the over staffing on paper-work and get back to basic's.

Immigration curb it, have selective immigration only let people in with trades we need, Australia and Canada have done ok with it.

Crime- stop our police being hand tied with laws from European court of human rights, have prision's that are a deterant, and not holiday camps...

After all that I would say 90% of our problems today are eu generated... so if our govt. stand firm and on 29/3/19 at 1100am we shall have left, as per the wishes of the majority of the voters in he uk...

Do you honestly believe Red Robbo would have sat back and allowed Michael Edwards to install robots at the expense of manual jobs?

Remember back then, Robbo and his union were very powerful.

If his members were paid more for producing more and better with better tools why not? It seemed to work in Germany.

You can bet if you like but I have met quite a few people who have said it, never met one who said I voted remain and regret it.

The will of the people has changed. The future should represent that, another referendum this year and remain would walk it.

if the govt. had given a neutral view of the facts you might well be right, but the people who bothered to vote, voted to leave, that's democracy, if you change your mind you can't ask to vote again.

If the govt. had another vote it would set a precedent, so if the people who lost that, they could have another vote etc etc...

When Brexiteers are getting manipulated into thinking that immigration numbers will be reduced when actually it wont change at all this is what happens! So many insular uneducated Little Britainers in the country who have just signed their own worst nightmare, and they still defend it now, a governments dream.

there were 52% insular uneducated Little Britrainers who got off their ar**es to vote, and so carried it...