onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Do you honestly believe Red Robbo would have sat back and allowed Michael Edwards to install robots at the expense of manual jobs?

Remember back then, Robbo and his union were very powerful.

Spot on,I can hear it now "Everybody out "

Advert

Then I look forward to a few years time when drug companies don’t charge so much for their drugs and crime is reduced by 90%. Jesus wept. And the fact that leavers somehow expected the eu to give us what we wanted is laughable, and now they won’t they are ‘holding us to ransom’. It was the whole, ‘we’re Great Britain, they need us’ mind set.

Right I’m off to cancel my sky subscription. I’m going to negotiation my own deals with the film studios myself for to get a better deal for the good of my family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Don't forget to blame Sky when the film studios don't offer you as good a deal.

Politicians are the problem with Brexit.

Corbyn has now conned his followers that we need to stay in the single market and be dictated to by Europe for the foreseeable future.Like sheep they follow him despite the majority voting to leave.It was clearly explained that if we left Europe we would would have to leave the single market and then would be able to conduct our own trade deals.

If we stay in the single market we would then have to accept freedom of movement.People in Stoke on Trent voted to leave but Corbyn sees the chance of forcing a general election for his own political gain.The remoaners like Anna Soubery are ignoring their own constituents who voted 65 % to leave and think they know better.It will be interesting to see if the Labour MP,s in Stoke back their constituents who voted to leave or toe the party line if Corbyn tries to stay in the single market and attempt to force a general election.

Paul Farrelly has toed the party line against brexit matters and voted against the majority of his voters wishes...

Why does a country of 60m people which doesn’t have significant natural resources think it can compete successfully and economically with countries and trading blocks each containing 300m+ people. Esspecially one that’s allowed the rape and pillage of it’s manufacturing sector over the last 40 years or so.

The uk has punched above it’s weight in the world for centuries but for me in the modern world the future outside the eu is much more uncertain. Talk about shooting oneself in the foot.

Well Norway and Switzerland with much lower populations are doing very well.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-richest-countries-in-europe.html

2 of the top 4 wealthiest countries in Europe are not in the EU. The UK has slumped from being the 2nd wealthiest country in Europe when it joined the EU to 13th now.

Doom and gloom comments like that are simply guess work, if we strike a decent deal with the EU things could be some what better after the divorce.

Politicians are the problem with Brexit.

Corbyn has now conned his followers that we need to stay in the single market and be dictated to by Europe for the foreseeable future.Like sheep they follow him despite the majority voting to leave.It was clearly explained that if we left Europe we would would have to leave the single market and then would be able to conduct our own trade deals.

If we stay in the single market we would then have to accept freedom of movement.People in Stoke on Trent voted to leave but Corbyn sees the chance of forcing a general election for his own political gain.The remoaners like Anna Soubery are ignoring their own constituents who voted 65 % to leave and think they know better.It will be interesting to see if the Labour MP,s in Stoke back their constituents who voted to leave or toe the party line if Corbyn tries to stay in the single market and attempt to force a general election.

I might be wrong but I thought Labours stance was the same as the Conservatives in that we will have to leave the single market?

Then I look forward to a few years time when drug companies don’t charge so much for their drugs and crime is reduced by 90%. Jesus wept. And the fact that leavers somehow expected the eu to give us what we wanted is laughable, and now they won’t they are ‘holding us to ransom’. It was the whole, ‘we’re Great Britain, they need us’ mind set.

Right I’m off to cancel my sky subscription. I’m going to negotiation my own deals with the film studios myself for to get a better deal for the good of my family.

we tried over the years to get a better deal and improvments but it was always "non", Cameron tried but came back with nothing so he backed himself into a corner and asked for a referendum, it backfired, and as they say "the rests history"...

We pay or payed in more than most, 1 of the top 3,

If the eu is such a great place, then why are they frightened of other countries leaving and so have to make our departure as painful as they are?

by the way with sky ring them up and tell them you've been a customer for years and they knock so much off and give you a better deal... pity the eu can't learn from them.

It’s not false. Higher educated people voted to remain (70% of those with a degree) and lower educated people voted to leave (70% of people who left school at 16). Check for yourself. And comments here about spitfires, empires and world wars speak volumes.

There's obviously not enough bright sparks about.Perhaps that's why Jezza's promising his young sheep free unicorns and tuition fees?

If you were a politician and just over half of your constituents had voted remain would you change your ideals to match your constituents or should a person stand up for what they believe is right?

the vote was 37% remain, and 63% leave with a 74.3% turnout... so a little more than "just over half", your mp is there to represent you, yet he voted as his party told him and in the one vote he had a free vote, he backed the 37%

Well Norway and Switzerland with much lower populations are doing very well.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-richest-countries-in-europe.html

2 of the top 4 wealthiest countries in Europe are not in the EU. The UK has slumped from being the 2nd wealthiest country in Europe when it joined the EU to 13th now.

Doom and gloom comments like that are simply guess work, if we strike a decent deal with the EU things could be some what better after the divorce.

Norway is oil rich with a small population and has saved its wealth for future generations in a national fund, it's also a very high tax economy with high redistribution of wealth through public services and investment. Somehow that doesn't seem likely to happen in the UK with a Tory government.

Switzerland has for many years acted as a tax haven financial hub for the very wealthy right wing of Europe and other parts of the world and has exploited that and its geographical position for the benefit of a very small population.

The UK is not positioned particularly well geographically which is why our economy is biased towards the south east near to the low countries and our population is too large to easily develop the public services and investment that smaller countries with a much greater GDP per head can.

We are never going to be a Norway or a Switzerland and if - IF - we were the second wealthiest country in Europe in 1973 we did a damn good job of hiding it, our economy was on the floor with dreadful class ridden management, poor wealth distribution, poor wages, decades of low investment, awful industrial relations and a trip to the IMF.

Doom and gloom are guess work but so is optimism and there's far more evidence the economy will do less well outside the EU than in it.

The people who will pay the price for Brexit most are those who research tells us were the most likely to have voted for it, the low educated, low skilled working class in deprived former industrial areas, Stoke is a classic example, the EU currently protects what's left of the ceramics industry from total destruction by applying import quotas on places like China. If we have a post EU 'free trade' deal with other countries as proposed by the leading lights of Brexit such as Johnson, Rees Mogg and Gove all protection will go resulting in the final demise of Stoke's reason of existence and who will suffer from that? I don't think Boris, Jacob and Michael will be losing too much sleep their answer will be what they believe in, 'be competitive' which means low wages, long hours, poor working conditions, few employment rights and everything else that goes with a 'free market' economy.

the vote was 37% remain, and 63% leave with a 74.3% turnout... so a little more than "just over half", your mp is there to represent you, yet he voted as his party told him and in the one vote he had a free vote, he backed the 37%

Avoided the question nicely which pretty much answers it for me.

In a hypothetical situation where you were the MP and your constituents had voted to remain would you then change your ideals or would you stand up for what you believe is right? Its a simple question, I won't hold my breath.

Several issues.

1. Most of Labour voters voted remain (65%)

2. As a Labour voter and a remain voter, I've been left fairly annoyed with Corbyn's lack of clarity on Brexit.

3. Conducting trade deals takes many years, and won't be completed by the time we leave the Single Market (if we were stupid enough to do so). We already have lots of trade deals in place as part of our membership of the EU.

4. Using the term remoaners makes you look a fool

5. If being 'dictated' to by Europe is the price to pay for avoiding the utter shambles that we're currently in, then sign me up.

Have a good day mate.

Plus,of the 12 main regions of the UK,only 3 voted to Remain and that was London,Scotland and N.Ireland.

All the others,the South-East,North-West,East,South-East,West Midlands,Yorkshire & The Humber,East Midlands,Wales and the North-East all voted to Leave.

#Takebackcontrol

Avoided the question nicely which pretty much answers it for me.

In a hypothetical situation where you were the MP and your constituents had voted to remain would you then change your ideals or would you stand up for what you believe is right? Its a simple question, I won't hold my breath.

to save you going blue in the face, in the above situation i'd vote in the best intrests of my constituents...cause its they I serve.

In p.f's case he didn't vote for his constituents he followed his party line, the free vote he voted the way of the lesser vote which just happened to be the party line...

Archived