onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

True. The Ground he will own however is Vale Park in Burslem not a modern ground like the Ricoh. How on earth would Smurf make money for it in any other way?

Selling the land won’t get him much, as Burslem land values are worthless. Why bulldoze the ground and develop a piece of land sitting on pit shafts when a huge old Doulton site down the road is available cheaply, already demolished and looking for a buyer since 1999.

How the government is banging houses up on green/brown belt land, surely although the land is in Burslem (a place I love, even though I live elsewhere) the land under Vale park will be sought after under the present situation we find ourselves in with lack of housing, so I reckon not as worthless as it first might seem

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Disappointing but depends on the context. I assume the pay offs for Wilson and ADF have come out of the budget

Matt, I have never met you, and I’m not sure how you are trying to portray yourself on here. All I can tell you is how you come across.

You come across like a stubborn, spoilt kid who refuses to admit when he is wrong. You also come across like your tongue is so far up Smurfs backside that you could massage his pancreas.

I’m sure that not who you are, but it’s absolutely who you are portraying yourself.

Disappointing but depends on the context. I assume the pay offs for Wilson and ADF have come out of the budget

I thought he said he would back us - He has saved on GG wage especially as we don't need a left back or experienced ctr back cover-this was the turning point as costs are being driven as low as they can.

Backing to me means give the manager something to work with , it would only be for 6 months as the outstanding monies paying players off should be clear end of season so just move a couple of signings early in January helping neil put some of the jigsaws pcs in place

I tried to get one going at Cheltenham, To be fair the vale fans at the left hand side of the away end did get some chants going.

Yeah, and what happened? Some chump started moaning his bag off about blaming the chairman and said it was the players' fault. Sadly, he was unable to make the mental leap required to acknowledge that the chairman bore at least a little responsibility for the players on the pitch. The apathy and wilful misbelief right there in microcosm.

Matt, I have never met you, and I’m not sure how you are trying to portray yourself on here. All I can tell you is how you come across.

You come across like a stubborn, spoilt kid who refuses to admit when he is wrong. You also come across like your tongue is so far up Smurfs backside that you could massage his pancreas.

I’m sure that not who you are, but it’s absolutely who you are portraying yourself.

I’m not trying to portray anything I just don’t buy into this whole hate the owner everything his fault load of ******** that is peddled about every possible situation. As I’ve said many times before the owner has made numerous balls ups and isn’t a likeable person. That doesn’t mean that footballing personnel are complexity Scott free of all blame.

I’m not trying to portray anything I just don’t buy into this whole hate the owner everything his fault load of ******** that is peddled about every possible situation. As I’ve said many times before the owner has made numerous balls ups and isn’t a likeable person. That doesn’t mean that footballing personnel are complexity Scott free of all blame.

Who or what is the common denominator ?

Who or what is the common denominator ?

See again though you are absolving the managers and players of any blame. Yes the owner hasn’t done a fantastic job over the last three seasons. Let’s not forget that in the time 3 managers and around 60 players have probably had around 2 million pounds of our and the owners money to do a job they have failed to do adequately on a regular basis. If I see someone put a balanced view point forward with blame attributed to all parties I’m all for it. Laying it solely at one persons door is madness given he doesn’t sign the players, pick the coaching staff, take training, pick the the starting 11, pick the tactics or tell the manager what to do on the pitch.

Over those 3 seasons how many points have been lost due to bad decisions in team selection, tactics and coaching rather than not having the right personnel? How many decisions to bring in the wrong personnel have been made by managers when other options were available?

Smurf let’s us down

Bruno let’s us down

Brown let us down

60 professional footballers let us down

The team this weekend let us down

We are equipped with personnel to more than match Cheltenham on paper.

The issue for me is that every manager, player and fan have an easy grey haired glasses wearing gobby excuse to hide behind. It’s about time we started to look at the commitment of those taking a wage on the pitch as well as the boardroom.

Brown being crap hid behind fans saying his budget was smurfs fault when in all honesty he wastes his budget on 35 plus signings

Bruno trying the ring style of football with untested players hid behind smurf being unpopular for getting rid of the boys club that fans liked.

Fans are making excuses for Aspin now that he’s not even going too himself. This side on paper is a mid table average side in this league, the fact they are getting drummed by the likes of Cheltenham is down to either coaching, tactics, selection and effort from the players.

Smurf is to blame as to why we are not potentially challenging at the top of the league with a high budget because that’s the talk he talked, however he’s not to blame for losing 5-1 to a god awful side the players and management are

Or maybe he’s just got a different opinion to you?

Or maybe he’s just got a different opinion to you?

As Keynes once said, as as the facts change, my opinion changes with them.

But some on here refuse to open their eyes to what is happening and even when a negative fact is presented try to put a spin on it to protect Norman.

So when Norman says he will back Aspin in January and then it’s revealed that the wage budget went down, it laughable when people try and put and support that through stubbornness.

Yeah, and what happened? Some chump started moaning his bag off about blaming the chairman and said it was the players' fault. Sadly, he was unable to make the mental leap required to acknowledge that the chairman bore at least a little responsibility for the players on the pitch. The apathy and wilful misbelief right there in microcosm.

This is what deters me.

We got dogs abuse in 2011 and we’ll get it again. Is Port Vale worth it? Many fans were put off and never returned by the last battle, and our chances of achieving anything are a lot lower this time around as we have little to no power.

There’s being entitled to an opinion and then there’s wilfully blinding yourself to a steady decline at Port Vale as a result of decisions undertaken by Smurf. There’s enough clowns out there that makes me think we’re stuck in this horrendous situation.

My point exactly, you say yourself that he has made a balls up and isn’t right for the job... so as I said before, be careful the way you portray yourself ... because it come across like you want him to stay.

Do you want him to stay?

I am going mental but...

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2017/03/port-vale-owner-tells-ovf-that-hes-left-with-daunting-task-as-he-considers-offers/

Smurf and OVF convo.

The prospectus from the Norwegian group “was being revised because their valuations were too optimistic”.

One of the amends to the prospectus would be the removal of player agent Saide Moussallati who had been responsible for some summer player recruitment. According to Smurthwaite, Moussallati’s poor relationship with then manager Bruno Ribeiro had resulted in the group “walking away” during their first period of exclusivity (although they have now come back with a revised bid).

I can't remember if this has already been covered by Doha but wtf has been going on at Vale these past 18 months.

The so called Norwegian company was a front used to drive up the price to the Boston Crew probably set up by Mousellati.

How much is the club worth now following relegation.

Definitely not the 10 m quoted then.

Now he is using Manorshop who havnt got two half pennies to rub together to try to entice Synectics to increase their offer.

Oh I forgot Norman is a clever successful business man but clever enough to keep us in Division 1 and possibly take us into the Conference. Probably any money he does have is tied up in his so called companies and he is milking the none football side to keep him in the style he requires.

Archived