onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

My point exactly, you say yourself that he has made a balls up and isn’t right for the job... so as I said before, be careful the way you portray yourself ... because it come across like you want him to stay.

Do you want him to stay?

If there is no viable alternative I’d prefer he stay than us close down or have to self fund

For the good of the club I’d prefer him replaced with another owner. However it won’t be long before they are also the devil once fans expectations aren’t fulfilled

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

See again though you are absolving the managers and players of any blame. Yes the owner hasn’t done a fantastic job over the last three seasons. Let’s not forget that in the time 3 managers and around 60 players have probably had around 2 million pounds of our and the owners money to do a job they have failed to do adequately on a regular basis. If I see someone put a balanced view point forward with blame attributed to all parties I’m all for it. Laying it solely at one persons door is madness given he doesn’t sign the players, pick the coaching staff, take training, pick the the starting 11, pick the tactics or tell the manager what to do on the pitch.

Over those 3 seasons how many points have been lost due to bad decisions in team selection, tactics and coaching rather than not having the right personnel? How many decisions to bring in the wrong personnel have been made by managers when other options were available?

Smurf let’s us down

Bruno let’s us down

Brown let us down

60 professional footballers let us down

The team this weekend let us down

We are equipped with personnel to more than match Cheltenham on paper.

The issue for me is that every manager, player and fan have an easy grey haired glasses wearing gobby excuse to hide behind. It’s about time we started to look at the commitment of those taking a wage on the pitch as well as the boardroom.

Brown being crap hid behind fans saying his budget was smurfs fault when in all honesty he wastes his budget on 35 plus signings

Bruno trying the ring style of football with untested players hid behind smurf being unpopular for getting rid of the boys club that fans liked.

Fans are making excuses for Aspin now that he’s not even going too himself. This side on paper is a mid table average side in this league, the fact they are getting drummed by the likes of Cheltenham is down to either coaching, tactics, selection and effort from the players.

Smurf is to blame as to why we are not potentially challenging at the top of the league with a high budget because that’s the talk he talked, however he’s not to blame for losing 5-1 to a god awful side the players and management are

I agree about the players on the pitch not turning up,but when you boil it down we have loan players who wont bust a gut for a club they probably wont be with next season,we have ageing players whose legs wont do what they used to,we have untried U21's who also wont be here next season and are here to gain experience,they wont bust a gut for a club they have no affiliation with all to save money.

Its not their fault they are not good enough as Aspin says he wont fault their effort.

Brown and Bruno were cheap options and in Bruno's case a Smurthwaites arrogant I know better than you ideology.

Aspin was'nt Smurthwaites first choice, he was cheap and desperate for a go in the Football League especially with the Vale.

All these decisions were Smurthwaites with an eye to reduce the budget down, I understand why he wants to stop money leaking out of the club I really do, but his decision making and the way he's gone about it humiliating Page and ex players making us a joke in footballing circles is the reason why he is not a fit and proper person to be associated with Port Vale Football Club.

It is also the reason hardened Vale fans like Old Sage rayzer and hamilboy are losing heart,and that my friend is a dangerous situation for a club to get into.

If there is no viable alternative I’d prefer he stay than us close down or have to self fund

For the good of the club I’d prefer him replaced with another owner. However it won’t be long before they are also the devil once fans expectations aren’t fulfilled

Owners will never always be flavour of the month goes with the territory when difficult decisions have to be made--But there is a viable alternative as he has had 250k from interested parties , you then have to question why these didn't progress- Norman will say cause they don't have the finances but neither does he ..

If we had another in charge who had the best interests of pvfc at heart that's surely better than having someone who is skinning the club to try and make his wealth..His business have little cash in them only assets with little turnover compared to say synetics--now they may or may not be the shining light but currently I know which option I would trust more with the future of pvfc which is not a rash opinion but purely based on the evidence to date

It should have been obvious to everyone at the Club that we needed strengthening in the window to guarantee our survival.

It's just like last season - ground-hog day. Back then we needed to strengthen to stay up but did nothing and came out of January weaker than we went into to it, and paid the price with relegation when perhaps just one extra quality player could have seen us over the line.

We're repeating those mistakes. Norman has clearly told Aspin to cut the squad, balance the budget and spend as little as possible in the window. As a consequence we've signed no fit experienced proven league two player, just non league chancers and clearly not fully match fit loan players. Very few of them have come straight into the team and made a difference. I'd argue none of them have because Hannant is on a par with Harness for me. Elsewhere we are weaker.

We had to spend a few quid on strengthening the team if we were serious in getting away from the bottom.

Even Stevie Wonder could see that we need a keeper, a left back, more energy/creativity in the middle and a good partner for Pope. Maybe not all at once but certainly a couple from that list would have ensured our safety.

I don't suppose Aspin or Rudge wanted to shop at charity shops and jumble sales but if the owner won't finance deals then we are where we are.

The buck stops with one man. The squad has never been remotely good enough and it has been weakened window after window.

I’m sorry Matt but that’s just lazy thinking. The only reason we don’t know if there is an alternative is because of Smurfs ridiculous price for the club.

My previous point is this... you want him gone. But you argue with people who also want him gone... my guess is out of stubbornness because you are embarrassed to have supported the goon.

If you can’t think of better then back him with positive comments... support his ownership. Don’t just bag people out who want him gone. It makes you look like you support him... as I said.

I’m sorry Matt but that’s just lazy thinking. The only reason we don’t know if there is an alternative is because of Smurfs ridiculous price for the club.

My previous point is this... you want him gone. But you argue with people who also want him gone... my guess is out of stubbornness because you are embarrassed to have supported the goon.

If you can’t think of better then back him with positive comments... support his ownership. Don’t just bag people out who want him gone. It makes you look like you support him... as I said.

It’s not stubbornness it’s rational thinking if you want him gone. Blaming him for poor drainage in the paddock bogs isn’t right, blaming him for the team getting tanked 5-1 isn’t right. The issue is most on here fight with feelings not fact. They bemoan every issue with the club on the owner.

We need him out because he’s taken the club backwards in 3 years although I think we now have the right management team. Knee jerk reactions and sensational moans/rumours just muddy the waters.

It’s not stubbornness it’s rational thinking if you want him gone. Blaming him for poor drainage in the paddock bogs isn’t right, blaming him for the team getting tanked 5-1 isn’t right. The issue is most on here fight with feelings not fact. They bemoan every issue with the club on the owner.

We need him out because he’s taken the club backwards in 3 years although I think we now have the right management team. Knee jerk reactions and sensational moans/rumours just muddy the waters.

Also defending him and backing him isn’t right either.

My entire point here has been that your need to watch your tone when posting because you clearly are not a smurf supporter... but that’s 100% how you come across... an avid one infact.

Also defending him and backing him isn’t right either.

My entire point here has been that your need to watch your tone when posting because you clearly are not a smurf supporter... but that’s 100% how you come across... an avid one infact.

You've hit the nail on the head there IC. Matt does this all the time. Deep down he agrees but can't bring himself to admit it. Comes across the argumentative type.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I am afraid poor facilities in the stadium are the responsibility of who ever owns the club. After all he promised to improve them wasn't there talk of a new concourse pub for the paddock ? The team now it really is the owners fault, he had bled the club dry. This all goes back to the page problem.

You've hit the nail on the head there IC. Matt does this all the time. Deep down he agrees but can't bring himself to admit it. Comes across the argumentative type.

No deep down I don’t agree at all. I’m not another sheep that the regular posters/moaner on here can brainwash into agreeing with their every ramble. I’m non compliant not argumentative. Just because Hagrids made up tat he reckons he’s heard from the horses mouth which once again will turn out to be total muck doesn’t mean I have to take it as gospel. I’ve always said smurf needs to go for the harmony of the club but I don’t agree that every tiny detail of everything that has happened over the entire ownership is all negative and solely down to him when it’s gone wrong. When things went well it’s all Adams and nothing to do with smurf, when things go wrong it’s down to smurf....can’t have it both ways but most of you want to.

I am afraid poor facilities in the stadium are the responsibility of who ever owns the club. After all he promised to improve them wasn't there talk of a new concourse pub for the paddock ? The team now it really is the owners fault, he had bled the club dry. This all goes back to the page problem.

The responsibility always lies at the top, it will not prevent deficiencies but must have a system of dealing with them, and a clear policy of where the business is going and communicate that policy.

The responsibility always lies at the top, it will not prevent deficiencies but must have a system of dealing with them, and a clear policy of where the business is going and communicate that policy.
Exactly and even if they don't get improved then maintaining them is his responsibility.

Archived