onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Advert

I'm not sure what you're on about giving names out, Howjy. All of the info I've referred to in my post is readily available at Companies House - it's nothing to do with club insiders giving out info?

The company which took over the club in November 2012 was PVFC Ltd. It had previously been Woodlands Hotel Trading. PVFC Ltd never produced any accounts. A new company, Port Vale Football Club Ltd was incorporated in 2014. I have no idea why that was done. In April 2014 another new company, Port Vale Retail was set up. It changed its accounting date twice but never produced any accounts and was then dissolved. I have no idea why that was done. The ground is owned by Alchemy Land which has tangible fixed assets it its last accounts of £700,000. This is clearly Vale Park and was bought with a loan from Falcon Alliance according to the accounts.

I am not an accountant so I have no idea why there are all these convoluted goings on but the whole process seems rather less than straightforward.

Oh what a tangled web we weave,

When first we practise to deceive!

Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

Scottish author & novelist (1771 - 1832)

A couple of questions I’ve been mulling over recently and would like opinions from other Vale fans:

Is Smurf at present worse than the entire V2001/MOOD fiasco? Does he have the potential to do more/as much damage as they did?

The situation feels bleaker as we have little to no power in shares and EGMs, admin isn't an option, and he's proven he's quite happy to withdraw himself and seek revenge when the fans 'kick off'.

V2001 felt more morally corrupt; doing things such as the nil paid shares in a desperate attempt to cling to power and created an atmosphere and divisions within the fanbase that the club will never recover from, whilst Norm is just a really really really bad football chairman, incapable of a sensible decision and risking our FL existence over a wine-induced gamble.

We had 12/13 to savour, but since 2003 we've had a horrendous time as a football club.

A couple of questions I’ve been mulling over recently and would like opinions from other Vale fans:

Is Smurf at present worse than the entire V2001/MOOD fiasco? Does he have the potential to do more/as much damage as they did?

They brought ******** into the club and sent us into admin.Until that happens again I’ll keep my powder dry.If it does happen again I’ll be be the first on b0110ck kicking duty.

Check the League table out. It is much worse.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Where’s Fairground Attraction when you need him?Jean,you know aswell as I that you get info from the club that may or may not have to be kept in confidence.What starts as something totally innocent may escalate to something out of control.Your integrity is not in question here.I’m not sure if that can be said of everyone.A bit off topic Jean.My father was a very astute businessman.Just before he died,he said we would need a California lawyer to sort his business and finances.Oh what a tangled web we weave is probably the best description I can come up with.

The only info I have had from the club has been totally unsolicited. I was sent a lot of the takeover stuff by Norman and also the last accounts. They all remained confidential as far as I was concerned.

I said this on another thread yesterday but it disappeared.

He really needs to go now even if just to galvanise the fan base. Gallifreyan Valiant mentioned that he may be out for revenge for the abuse his daughter took on here from grown men. That was about the time I had to start siding with the man. It was big ugly grown men abusing a young girl, a disgrace at the time to be honest.

So I ask you Smurf (if you are reading), just sell up to Synectics, its what the most vocal want. I am not as sure but at least when/if they cannot fund the club to the levels of expectation and we don't climb the leagues you can sit back and say I told you so and it won't be your fault anymore.

But obviously as a Vale fan, you'd be hoping beyond hope that they make a success of it?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Any responsible owner who has an interest in the improvement of the squad would have been in that dressing room right after the Cheltenham game and told the players that any one of them found to be giving less than 100% against Exeter would be placed on the transfer list, or any loaned player would be sent back to their club with a letter to the club stating the reason why.

I think the evidence that Mr Smurthwaite is incompetent is irrefutable given our slide from mid table in League 1 to our current position under his tenure. He may not be taking as much out of the club as some people imagine but he obviously isn't putting enough in to fund the manager with viable players. We have signed 4 unfit loan players, only one of which has any meaningful league experience.

I wonder how bill bratt would fare under the same scrutiny?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So you think he may be ‘thingy’ aswell as unable to make a correct decision?Any person working or associated with Port Vale who gives info to outsiders should be sacked on the spot.Jean,you may find that is the case in the world of business.Nothing like a bit of gossip though eh?I’m sure you won’t be giving any names out anytime soon.

Outsiders????

Archived