onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Advert

He just doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes or realise, like it or not, he's in the entertainment business. Had he he not sold Grant and Alnwick a year ago or gone for the cheap option (Brown) we probably still be in L1 playing Blackburn rather than Barnet. Now he's made the same mistake by not signing Gunning, I just hope we don't regret it.

If he isn't going to invest the Hugill money in the team he should take it, sell the club and clear off back to Coventry as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

No deep down I don’t agree at all. I’m not another sheep that the regular posters/moaner on here can brainwash into agreeing with their every ramble. I’m non compliant not argumentative. Just because Hagrids made up tat he reckons he’s heard from the horses mouth which once again will turn out to be total muck doesn’t mean I have to take it as gospel. I’ve always said smurf needs to go for the harmony of the club but I don’t agree that every tiny detail of everything that has happened over the entire ownership is all negative and solely down to him when it’s gone wrong. When things went well it’s all Adams and nothing to do with smurf, when things go wrong it’s down to smurf....can’t have it both ways but most of you want to

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Hagrid is totally right and one of a few prepared to stand up for the club.

When things go wrong it is the players and the managers fault.

When we have a window of opportunity in January to keep our club alive by investing in experienced players but fail to do so because of money it is no one else other than the owner.

Norman SmurthwIte at the Helm will see the end of Port Vale Football Club.

Our current plight is solely down to Norman Smuthwaites abhorrent treatment of his Managers.

His total lack of football knowledge compounded with his inability to get advice either paid for or not.

Norman’s lack of commerciality or business acumen.

Get out of our club

It’s not stubbornness it’s rational thinking if you want him gone. Blaming him for poor drainage in the paddock bogs isn’t right, blaming him for the team getting tanked 5-1 isn’t right. The issue is most on here fight with feelings not fact. They bemoan every issue with the club on the owner.

We need him out because he’s taken the club backwards in 3 years although I think we now have the right management team. Knee jerk reactions and sensational moans/rumours just muddy the waters.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I agree and said as much the other night.

I think that if people are serious about trying to move him on then the actual truth needs to be exposed. Stop the lies, stop the drama, deal in facts. Anything else and people will not get on board.

I think that if people are serious about trying to move him on then the actual truth needs to be exposed. Stop the lies, stop the drama, deal in facts. Anything else and people will not get on board.

Whose lying then? Drama ? We’re not too far off going out of the league . That’s a bit dramatic, wouldn’t you say? As for facts , well there are plenty of examples on this and other threads. People may not want to get on board because their heads are buried in the sand. Getting in touch with the national media would be a start. An emergency SC meeting with the press and tv invited . Invite Smurthwaite as well , and see if he shows up to have his say . Let’s clear the air at least .Have him tell the fans face to face what he intends to do . Not a meeting with Garlick paying lip service, a real meeting. Then at least we’ll know where we stand with him . We know nothing right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am afraid poor facilities in the stadium are the responsibility of who ever owns the club. After all he promised to improve them wasn't there talk of a new concourse pub for the paddock ? The team now it really is the owners fault, he had bled the club dry. This all goes back to the page problem.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Vale Park was in a bad way long before Norman came along and, in my opinion, he was silly to have made such promises. Outdated turnstiles, the Bycars toilets, an overdue unfinished Lorne Street, deteriorating stadium seating, and so on are more the legacy of previous stewardship - not down to a single issue e.g. Page.

He just doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes or realise, like it or not, he's in the entertainment business. Had he he not sold Grant and Alnwick a year ago or gone for the cheap option (Brown) we probably still be in L1 playing Blackburn rather than Barnet. Now he's made the same mistake by not signing Gunning, I just hope we don't regret it.

If he isn't going to invest the Hugill money in the team he should take it, sell the club and clear off back to Coventry as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

If we had beaten Coventry towards the end of last season; if we had scored a goal at Fleetwood in the last game; if...

Correct,there has been a dozen scenarios on here , mostly how he’s milking the club.”My friend or someone from the club told me this”.Hard facts that people will put their name to please,preferably in writing.The people who are associated with the club and spreading 5hit should be shown the door.No ifs or buts.

Whose lying then? Drama ? We’re not too far off going out of the league . That’s a bit dramatic, wouldn’t you say? As for facts , well there are plenty of examples on this and other threads. People may not want to get on board because their heads are buried in the sand. Getting in touch with the national media would be a start. An emergency SC meeting with the press and tv invited . Invite Smurthwaite as well , and see if he shows up to have his say . Let’s clear the air at least .Have him tell the fans face to face what he intends to do . Not a meeting with Garlick paying lip service, a real meeting. Then at least we’ll know where we stand with him . We know nothing right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if I believed everything I read on here then Norman is simultaneously incompetent whilst also taking loads of money out of the club.

Is it a fact that Smurf has not backed Aspin in January? That seems to be widely accepted but I would say the 8 new players Aspin has signed contradicts that.

People are posting things that they want to be true, rather than what they know to be true. It's being intentionally deceitful in my opinion.

I think the evidence that Mr Smurthwaite is incompetent is irrefutable given our slide from mid table in League 1 to our current position under his tenure. He may not be taking as much out of the club as some people imagine but he obviously isn't putting enough in to fund the manager with viable players. We have signed 4 unfit loan players, only one of which has any meaningful league experience.

Well if I believed everything I read on here then Norman is simultaneously incompetent whilst also taking loads of money out of the club.

Is it a fact that Smurf has not backed Aspin in January? That seems to be widely accepted but I would say the 8 new players Aspin has signed contradicts that.

People are posting things that they want to be true, rather than what they know to be true. It's being intentionally deceitful in my opinion.

Do you refute any of the posts which fully explain why people have no faith or trust in Smurthwaite after all the things he has said and done in our history?

Archived