onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Advert

Well if I believed everything I read on here then Norman is simultaneously incompetent whilst also taking loads of money out of the club.

Is it a fact that Smurf has not backed Aspin in January? That seems to be widely accepted but I would say the 8 new players Aspin has signed contradicts that.

People are posting things that they want to be true, rather than what they know to be true. It's being intentionally deceitful in my opinion.

I think you're concentrating on the odd insinuation / accusation and ignoring a lot of facts that are posted on here. You've also made a massive jump, and accused people of deceit. You've not proven anything yourself either, so best not to be so hasty.

When it comes down to facts, is it not enough that Smurf ripped apart a settled squad / manager, despite his novice status within football chairmanship, and embarked on a catastrophic gamble that now threatens our league status?

Now I may be verging on the realms of assumption here, but give me a chance first. Since page was appointed, 4 managers under Smurfs leadership have built up huge squads with a lack of quality. Have all of those managers felt that that's the best way forward, or were they working within a structure established by Smurf (wage structure has been mentioned a lot recently by people within the club)?

It all smacks of a haphazard ill thought through plan to make money through player sales. Unearthing cheap foriegn options and making a fortune from them (who can forget his description of Reggie?).

Without any inside knowledge or facts relating to the way he operates the businesses, I think it's fair to say he is completely incompetent. He has shown no signs of learning from his vast number of mistakes, has shown repeated disregard for fans / customers, makes PR gaffes over and over again;

- bragging about forcing Page out

- threatening players with a wage cut when we were 8th in L1

- JFH saga drawing negative national media attention

- Micky Adams contract in pre season smack bang in the middle of a ST push after finishing 9th in L1

- Tom Pope contract the next pre season

- Banning the Sentinel

The list goes on. Under Smurf's tenure we haven't had one settled pre season where the club could build any sort of buzz. Every year we have to witness a new rebuilding job, and there will be another this pre season coming.

From a long term leadership point of view, when was the last time we saw a vision for where the club is going? All we have had over the years is the odd snippet of a weird plan he's dreamt up which ends up amounting to nothing, such as apartments being built within the grounds, or a pub connected to the paddock. Under promise, over deliver, otherwise your words become just that, and no one believes you. "I can afford to take us to the championship", "I will back Aspin in the transfer window" just two examples there. It was Mike Baggaleys interview with Aspin where it's become clear that the wage budget is now lower than it was in December.

Some of the above is assumption, but most undeniably shows that Smurfs actions damage our club. Enough is enough. There are other options out there.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Vale Park was in a bad way long before Norman came along and, in my opinion, he was silly to have made such promises. Outdated turnstiles, the Bycars toilets, an overdue unfinished Lorne Street, deteriorating stadium seating, and so on are more the legacy of previous stewardship - not down to a single issue e.g. Page.
I have to agree there but he has been in charge for half a decade now. Things could have got better, he made statements about toilets, black seats and all the rest. But yes it's an on going thing. The still unfinished Lorne Street says alot too. Isn't it around 2 decades now since the previous was demolished. I always thought Port Vale needed a Shrewsbury type stadium which would have also been filled with those crowds from the promotion season. But that's another topic.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

[ATTACH=CONFIG]255[/ATTACH]

The most recent accounts for Smurthwaites company Falcon Alliance Ltd which seemingly is where the PVFC money/loans is/isn't, could be, not now, do the Hokey cokey is.

Latest accounts due in 2 weeks and the company confirmation statement is overdue.

Smurf does seem to have an interesting collection of business ventures/companies. Which company owns the ground? Which company is owed money from the club? Why is the money and assets tied up in a variety of companies?

Wonder what the delay in the confirmation statement is for?

I've never entirely been comfortable with the shift in ownership of the ground, which has been made worse since his obsession with obtaining the freehold to Plainmoor when he was looking at Torquay was made apparent.

Correct,there has been a dozen scenarios on here , mostly how he’s milking the club.”My friend or someone from the club told me this”.Hard facts that people will put their name to please,preferably in writing.The people who are associated with the club and spreading 5hit should be shown the door.No ifs or buts.

This is not a question of people spreading 5hit as you put it. There is enough information available in the public domain via Companies House to raise questions about the nature of Norman’s tenure at the club.

Smurf does seem to have an interesting collection of business ventures/companies. Which company owns the ground? Which company is owed money from the club? Why is the money and assets tied up in a variety of companies?

Wonder what the delay in the confirmation statement is for?

I've never entirely been comfortable with the shift in ownership of the ground, which has been made worse since his obsession with obtaining the freehold to Plainmoor when he was looking at Torquay was made apparent.

Alchemy Land owns the ground. Alchemy Land is wholly owned by Falcon Alliance. According to the last confirmation statement Falcon Alliance was 50% owned by Norm & 50% by Mrs Smurthwaite.

From memory I think Falcon Alliance made a loan to Alchemy Land to purchase Vale Park from the administrator.

I'm assuming that the late submission of the confirmation statement is an administrative error, especially if the shareholdings in the company remain the same.

Alchemy Land owns the ground. Alchemy Land is wholly owned by Falcon Alliance. According to the last confirmation statement Falcon Alliance was 50% owned by Norm & 50% by Mrs Smurthwaite.

From memory I think Falcon Alliance made a loan to Alchemy Land to purchase Vale Park from the administrator.

I'm assuming that the late submission of the confirmation statement is an administrative error, especially if the shareholdings in the company remain the same.

As of May 2016. Ground value ("investment") at £1M and then £2M owed to him as loans or vice versa?

Will be a whole lot ******* now, no doubt.

Correct,there has been a dozen scenarios on here , mostly how he’s milking the club.”My friend or someone from the club told me this”.Hard facts that people will put their name to please,preferably in writing.The people who are associated with the club and spreading 5hit should be shown the door.No ifs or buts.

So you think Smurf is the right man to take the vale forward? Hard facts on what he has actually done to warrant your answer please?

I will give you “appoint Aspin and Rudge” even though he admitted himself he didn’t know who Aspin was until he was told that it would be a good idea.

I know little to nothing about this sort of thing; what benefit is there to Smurf (or Vale) for Alchemy to own the land, and that be a part of Falcon Alliance? What purpose does Alchemy serve? If the funds came from Falcon Alliance to Alchemy Land to buy VP, why could Falcon not just buy the ground?

Also, Alchemy Land has had 12 officers in the past, including Wildes and some other companies, all of which have now resigned bar Norman. Who were/are these people?

I'm not at all suggesting any malpractice, just seems a quite convoluted way of handling things (tho I am not knowledgeable on the matter at all)

So you think Smurf is the right man to take the vale forward? Hard facts on what he has actually done to warrant your answer please?

I will give you “appoint Aspin and Rudge” even though he admitted himself he didn’t know who Aspin was until he was told that it would be a good idea.

No he isn’t.The hard facts were referring to the ‘thingy’ business dealings people are accusing him of.That has nowt to do with what you are talking about.

I know little to nothing about this sort of thing; what benefit is there to Smurf (or Vale) for Alchemy to own the land, and that be a part of Falcon Alliance? What purpose does Alchemy serve? If the funds came from Falcon Alliance to Alchemy Land to buy VP, why could Falcon not just buy the ground?

Also, Alchemy Land has had 12 officers in the past, including Wildes and some other companies, all of which have now resigned bar Norman. Who were/are these people?

I'm not at all suggesting any malpractice, just seems a quite convoluted way of handling things (tho I am not knowledgeable on the matter at all)

Smoke and mirrors.

Is Smurf the buffoon that we think he is?

The grim reality is that we owe him or his shadow companies £M's.

Alchemy BTW is a seemingly magical process of transformation, creation, or combination :laugh:

This is not a question of people spreading 5hit as you put it. There is enough information available in the public domain via Companies House to raise questions about the nature of Norman’s tenure at the club.

So you think he may be ‘thingy’ aswell as unable to make a correct decision?Any person working or associated with Port Vale who gives info to outsiders should be sacked on the spot.Jean,you may find that is the case in the world of business.Nothing like a bit of gossip though eh?I’m sure you won’t be giving any names out anytime soon.

Archived