onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Unfortunately the money from Hugill will keep Smurf here for at least another 3 years, this will enable Vale to have the budget without him having to put his hands in his pockets while still stroking his ego in the fact he has a football club and can enjoy his corporate days out.

Agree, particularly with the last part.

Too stubborn to sell. Too arrogant to allow anyone else to come in and do a better [\proper] job.

One of the main things that seems to interest him in the football world is the "hospitality" that he gets at away games.

I fear that the only thing that will see him leave is if he experiences serious health issues (.....not that I'd wish that on anyone, though I've always thought that he looks at least 10 years older than he actually is).

Advert

If he stays to get the Hugill money over 3 years we'll be playing in the National League North at best. the most promising hope we have is that he does a deal to sell the club whereby the Hugill money is ringfenced and returned to him over time as repayment of director's loans he's put in. The club loses the Hugill money but the new owners are no worse off than if they'd bought the club before that deal happened.

Much of football is about intent and optimism last season we sold our two best players and got the reward for that relegation. This year we have watch Forest Green show intent and most likly will escape the drop, we have shown sweet fa in terms of intent and ambition, the drop beckons unless we are very lucky.

I looked at the final Brown game programme against Forest Green when we had 33 registered players.

Aspin was meant to be shipping out the deadwood, yet the last game against Morecambe showed we still had...33 registered players.

The difference is that we now have more non league standard inexperienced players.

Non league players and a non league manager for a non league club.

As for Scumbagwaite, he should have left in the summer. He is wasting our time and his. He has not backed Aspin one bit. It is obvious all he wanted to do was keep a stable defence and Gunning was a part of that. It would have been a sensible move,

As would have been that striker and Dodds he stated he was after.

Had Gunning stayed and two first team quality players came in, as Aspin had shrewdly identified, we would have been fine.

Instead Aspin has been left up creek without a padel while the Admiral Smurthwaite is on shore getting drunk on his own power, burying the treasure of the Hughill money for himself.

I looked at the final Brown game programme against Forest Green when we had 33 registered players.

Aspin was meant to be shipping out the deadwood, yet the last game against Morecambe showed we still had...33 registered players.

The difference is that we now have more non league standard inexperienced players.

Non league players and a non league manager for a non league club.

As for Scumbagwaite, he should have left in the summer. He is wasting our time and his. He has not backed Aspin one bit. It is obvious all he wanted to do was keep a stable defence and Gunning was a part of that. It would have been a sensible move,

As would have been that striker and Dodds he stated he was after.

Had Gunning stayed and two first team quality players came in, as Aspin had shrewdly identified, we would have been fine.

Instead Aspin has been left up creek without a padel while the Admiral Smurthwaite is on shore getting drunk on his own power, burying the treasure of the Hughill money for himself.

I agree with a lot of that but Aspin will prove to be a good manager IF backed(which we know he wont be) and the non league player Hannant is the best of the bunch i would take 10 more non league players like him tbf

Enough is enough. Manager after manager fighting fires trying to attract players on peanuts, hence the huge squads we keep having. One man to blame. Anyone still supporting Smurf is part of the problem, and can no longer regard themself as a Vale fan. He simply has to sell the club. The demise of the club under his tenure is proof enough. Just go Smurf. You're a disgrace.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

The only way Norman can rectify this is by either selling the club before the end of the season or by investing to:

A) pay off most of the squad and

B) ensure that we get some quality into the squad.

Can you honestly see any of that happening.....i really dont understand what his plan is but it certainly seems like one that will see the demise of Vale.

I have backed him at times and slated him when needed BUT please for goodness sake Norman GET OUT AND GET OUT NOW before you RUIN our great club further...just put it up for sale at a REALISTIC price and not your downright ridiculous valuation

Enough is enough. Manager after manager fighting fires trying to attract players on peanuts, hence the huge squads we keep having. One man to blame. Anyone still supporting Smurf is part of the problem, and can no longer regard themself as a Vale fan. He simply has to sell the club. The demise of the club under his tenure is proof enough. Just go Smurf. You're a disgrace.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Makes you wonder what a poll of smurf in or out would bring now

Lack of investment from NS is why we are weaker now. Aspo wanted to keep Gunning. NS wouldn't pay him his due. Aspo wanted a better striker. Did NS back the manager with funds? Last year he sold Alnwick and Grant. He would have sold Pope this time if a reasonable offer had come in.

We can't seem to compete with the likes of tiny clubs like Accrington, Forest Green, Yeovil and Crwho because Norman won't invest where it is needed.

With a fan base like ours, I question why we can't compete with much smaller L2 clubs. Where is the money going? Where is the long term vision from the owner? What's the plan?

NS you are slowly killing our club. Get out of our club!

Smurf is happy to pocket whatever he can as he takes the club out of the league, and then completely out of football. He just doesn't care, because he will still have the ground in his possession.

I forgot about that.

I've read this story before. It never ends well.

I forgot about that.

I've read this story before. It never ends well.

True. The Ground he will own however is Vale Park in Burslem not a modern ground like the Ricoh. How on earth would Smurf make money for it in any other way?

Selling the land won’t get him much, as Burslem land values are worthless. Why bulldoze the ground and develop a piece of land sitting on pit shafts when a huge old Doulton site down the road is available cheaply, already demolished and looking for a buyer since 1999.

Archived