onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Advert

I've said before that Norman would trouser the Hugill money quicker than a rat up a drain pipe but if it's paid in instalments then that wont happen so the likely scenario will be that he hangs about until he's got his grubby little mitts on the instalments as they arrive which means we are stuck with the big blue yonder for at least a couple of seasons more.Hopefully and I wont be holding my breath but he may condescendingly throw a few scraps Aspins way to maintain a promised promotion push ,on the other hand the club is probably down on his returns as a loss leader so it may be an until death do us part situation.:sad::banghead:

As I have mentioned before my view is that I don’t think Smurf is necessarily ripping the club off (Although I do have questions about how his funding worked through the financial engineering of the deal when he bought the club)

My concern has always been that he is just a rubbish, incompetent owner.

I was trying to think whether there was a worse owner in the league.

A man who tore apart a solid league one team after throwing his toys out of the prawn after an FA cup defeat. Only to replace it with the European experiment showing his complete naivety in the game and sending us plunging to the threat of relegation from the football league.

There must be some other shocking owners out there... can anyone think of worse than ours?

"Looking at this offer why would l want to accept funds from a Company l own to pave the way for my exit when that money is needed in the squad fund"

I don't how Vale fans feel about this, but I personally would happily see Norm sell for his initial £1.2m and have an agreement that he takes the Hugill money, if thats the only way we're going to get rid of him.

I sorely hope he doesn't think that by sticking around, and not ostensibly fleeing with the Hugill money, he's doing us a favour. I'd rather the club go without the £2m and his incompetent ownership than with both.

I don't how Vale fans feel about this, but I personally would happily see Norm sell for his initial £1.2m and have an agreement that he takes the Hugill money, if thats the only way we're going to get rid of him.

I sorely hope he doesn't think that by sticking around, and not ostensibly fleeing with the Hugill money, he's doing us a favour. I'd rather the club go without the £2m and his incompetent ownership than with both.

There can't be many League Two clubs who could receive a 7 figure windfall and the fans get more despondent than ever. It's very indicative of the mood around the club at the moment that hardly anybody expects a penny of it to be used constructively.

Most fans think it's a given that the owner will be trousering the money, so probably the best case scenario is that he walks at the same time so at least the club can get a fresh start out of it.

I agree completely. My issue here is that he was offered that deal last summer but used the excuse that it would damage the club. Now the club has received more than we anticipated, what he does with that money will determine whether or not that reason was genuine, or just more BS.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I know what you are saying bookworm but if the club is costing him money(loans or whatever)then will 600k per season actually leave him any better off ?

probably as his rake in from his other businesses will be more which will leave him with the hugill money as bunce.

It's very difficult to enter a battle that you know you can't win. Unfortunately Norman is the "Daddy" It's his game, it his ball and if he's not playing then none of us are either. When there is no love and passion involved decisions are easy and the cold, passionless Norman will be governed by profit and loss just like the owners of Wedgwood, Shelton Bar or PMT (great shirt sponsors). When it's not in your blood it's not in your blood, I couldn't wake up tomorrow and suddenly develop an affection for a club other than my own. I couldn't put a scarf around my neck if it wasn't already in my heart. I'm sure Coventry would welcome some investment from Norman or even Torquay as he was courted down there a short while ago. But what could replace him, is there a Dalehall sugar daddy waiting in the wings? A Tunstall tycoon or a Burslem bank roller.....I live in hope.
There is a lot of truth in your post Doc. The owner was conned by Paul wildes into buying the Club he only saw at that time good attendances and it was happy days all round. In the cold light of day though he found that to own a club outside of the Premiership that an owner must be prepared to maintain his investment. The expense can be softened by employing the right people to get every ounce of cash into the club as possible but our owner was far too pigheaded to take the sensible options, preferring to 'run the ship' himself and what a pig's ear he has made of it so far.

As was pointed out by a few on here said after Aspin and Rudge came on board we heard 'I will support the new manager in the January window' everyone was quiet as the results were good and folks were singing as they left the ground during this period. They all felt that a couple of decent recruits after the New Year and we would start to climb. That rug was soon pulled from under our feet and the only signings that we got were loans and most of them look like players their parent clubs wanted to see the backside of. So once again our great leader has turned himself into not only 'Billy Liar' but by trousering the first instalment of the Hugill cash he is looked upon as 'Burgular Bill' to boot.

As a parent I was always told don't make promises that you can't keep it is obvious that our owner was never advised of that piece of advice.

There is a lot of truth in your post Doc. The owner was conned by Paul wildes into buying the Club he only saw at that time good attendances and it was happy days all round. In the cold light of day though he found that to own a club outside of the Premiership that an owner must be prepared to maintain his investment. The expense can be softened by employing the right people to get every ounce of cash into the club as possible but our owner was far too pigheaded to take the sensible options, preferring to 'run the ship' himself and what a pig's ear he has made of it so far.

As was pointed out by a few on here said after Aspin and Rudge came on board we heard 'I will support the new manager in the January window' everyone was quiet as the results were good and folks were singing as they left the ground during this period. They all felt that a couple of decent recruits after the New Year and we would start to climb. That rug was soon pulled from under our feet and the only signings that we got were loans and most of them look like players their parent clubs wanted to see the backside of. So once again our great leader has turned himself into not only 'Billy Liar' but by trousering the first instalment of the Hugill cash he is looked upon as 'Burgular Bill' to boot.

As a parent I was always told don't make promises that you can't keep it is obvious that our owner was never advised of that piece of advice.

Was the Wilde's exit pre planned mate. I just can't understand for the life of me, why he won't sell, unless Smurf is making more out of the club than he lets on.

Was the Wilde's exit pre planned mate. I just can't understand for the life of me, why he won't sell, unless Smurf is making more out of the club than he lets on.

http://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/03685271-falcon-alliance-limited

http://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/17240171-mr-norman-smurthwaite

don't usually get involved with politics side but you get drawn in, but only a couple of business are still current with norman or family member involved others seemed to have ceased his dealings the same time

I would come to the same idea as you ,

my guess is Wildes is the front man , buys the clubs sails off into the sunset either by design or due to it looked a bad investment(who it may not even be wildes who was the bad guy) - Van dijk hotel Norman was a director but occupation stated as an IFA - independent financial advisor-same with lots of other companies he is involved in..

Looking through the open public links wildes did the same with the hotel at Exeter airport with another director - now say Norman then takes the club off wildes hands (who paid in cash) and puts the loan to buy from another company (ie the land and pvfc premises) then uses the so called overdraft to try and run the club and get money back all the time no probs if it fails cause the value is in the land -once the max loan is reached we have a scenario whereby pvfc has no cash and much reduced budgets as Norman looks to clear the debts--if its a possibility norman is charging rent from pvfc to himself along with catering and club shop it would be easy to assume all money generated by the football isn't going back to the football club

Some of the other business have little cash in the bank but have assets which exceed the debt - Not sure how wealthy Norman is only gone off heresay he has a few Bob ,, people knock synetics but their business has more cash in the bank and generates more with probable more assets..

I'm sure I could be entirely wrong but does seem a possibility and would explain an awful lot why we cant afford any players wages of note even GG - and who knows maybe harness/burton are on a pay performance deal meaning aspin cant play him unless absolute necessary -also would explain if Norman is a financial adviser although director has he been an outright owner / MD of a company which would explain the steep learning curve running pvfc

Monies into pvfc have been 250k for potential companies to see the books,alnwick,grant,hugill how much is that if split over 4 yrs yet we still don't have a penny even with a promotion and decent crowds for this league

going to get back on me fence now ,

would be nice to just have an owner who bats with a straight bat giving us the best chance as a club but my guess they are few and far between - it even happened to Liverpool

Could Synetics not align with the Supporters Club in some way in order to help give their cause a bit of momentum. It would help to put pressure on Smurfwaite and a SC campaign backed by Synetics would automatically take away that argument that no-body is out there. The SC helped to gather momentum against V2001 before and they could do it again, this time backed by new prospective owners. No one can control Smurfwaite's actions but we could begin doing a damn sight more to put pressure on him. Carol Shenahan already has good links with many community interests in Burslem so I'm sure she'd have no problem making contact with the SC.

Really we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.We have an owner who isn't interested in the club and swans of on holiday during the transfer window.Tells lies about giving Aspin money to use in January and we can't compete wages wise with Mansfield and Forest Green.on the other side the only interested parties to buy the club are Manorshop who havnt got two half pennies to rub together and are being used to drive the asking price up or Synectics who don't seem willing or able to come up with the money required.We could quite quickly be back with the V2001 days with either of the latter options. Or Norman drip feeding money into the club when he has to.Maybe it's time for Norman to take whatever money he can get as it may be worth even less if the inevitable drop into the conference happens and he is left with a worthless investment.

Archived