onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

What about the money from the business units at Vale Park? I believe that in the days of V2001 they brought in approx £70k p.a. If they still earn the same, or more with inflation, then that is another £250k into the club over the last four years where we do not know where the money goes.

Advert

Have a look at the Accrington Stanley shirt giveaway that happened the other day.

What I'd give to have Andy Holt running us, instead of this clown.

League 2 clubs can be run efficiently, in the community, and successfully, without barrels of cash being launched at them. I'm sick of the argument that there's no Russian oligarch or Arab Sheikh on Hamil Road; you don't need one. You just need a sensible business plan backed by a a chairman (or woman) who knows what they're doing.

Have a look at the Accrington Stanley shirt giveaway that happened the other day.

League 2 clubs can be run efficiently, in the community, and successfully, without barrels of cash being launched at them. I'm sick of the argument that there's no Russian oligarch or Arab Sheikh on Hamil Road; you don't need one. You just need a sensible business plan backed by a a chairman who knows what they're doing.

Carol Shanahan springs to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The be all and end all is, Norman Smurthwaite is far more dangerous to Port Vale than V2001. Just let that sink in for a few minutes.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

the next 6 months will define port vale either if we stay up or not and the intention shown next season with good solid experienced signings if not Norman has ran out of places to hide and the true intentions will be for all to see-

the next 6 months will define port vale either if we stay up or not and the intention shown next season with good solid experienced signings if not Norman has ran out of places to hide and the true intentions will be for all to see-
Absolutely correct. We'll do just enough to stay up I'm certain. Then he has nowhere to hide, he either stumps up on his windfalls and back us or he shows his true colours. It'll be the latter.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Said exactly this on the thread of last Satdee's game. For me he HAS to show his cards in the close season whatever happens.....

League 2 clubs can be run efficiently, in the community, and successfully, without barrels of cash being launched at them. I'm sick of the argument that there's no Russian oligarch or Arab Sheikh on Hamil Road; you don't need one. You just need a sensible business plan backed by a a chairman (or woman) who knows what they're doing.

There is no argument, or debate, to what you have said.

Too many supporters still not holding their hands up and acknowledging they were wrong.

Said exactly this on the thread of last Satdee's game. For me he HAS to show his cards in the close season whatever happens.....

He will spout some usual nonsense about his sweety jar and the masses will worship him again.

It’s really quite sad.

What we have going for us is Rudgey and Aspo.

Neither will suffer fools and they know they have the fans on their side.

Should Norman carry on bleeding us dry, I’m sure Aspo will have his say in the media. He will get what he wants or walks and Norman does not want him to be leaving this club anytime soon.

Anarchy will happen.

whilst agreeing with the vast majority on this thread I had a chat with a fellow long term Port Vale supporter and I was to be frank left speechless (and that doesn't happen very often) when he spoke in support of the owner. I asked him what the present owner has ever done that was a positive? He got us promoted was the reply. Come on mate we were already right up there when he came in (thanks to Micky Adams and the admin team).

He then completely blew me away when he said . If asked I would tell him to put the Hugill money in his pocket because he has already backed us to the tune of £3.5 million and he deserves it.

As I walked away I was deeply saddened to hear another Vale fan speak in such a manner. Then I asked myself what hope is there for our Club when there are supporters who think in such a way?

whilst agreeing with the vast majority on this thread I had a chat with a fellow long term Port Vale supporter and I was to be frank left speechless (and that doesn't happen very often) when he spoke in support of the owner. I asked him what the present owner has ever done that was a positive? He got us promoted was the reply. Come on mate we were already right up there when he came in (thanks to Micky Adams and the admin team).

He then completely blew me away when he said . If asked I would tell him to put the Hugill money in his pocket because he has already backed us to the tune of £3.5 million and he deserves it.

As I walked away I was deeply saddened to hear another Vale fan speak in such a manner. Then I asked myself what hope is there for our Club when there are supporters who think in such a way?

I am coming round to thinking that Smurthwaite has done a job on us,and no amount of moaning complaining and dare I say protesting will make a scrap of difference.

As passionate about the Vale as we are,he doesnt give a stuff about the club, except to use it as a vehicle to get the money back that he alone lost.

If nobody comes along and does a deal with him then I'm afraid it's curtains.

And I'm afraid to say, there are a lot like your friend who are apathetic to the situation we once again find ourselves in and that plays into the blue ones hands.

I am coming round to thinking that Smurthwaite has done a job on us,and no amount of moaning complaining and dare I say protesting will make a scrap of difference.

As passionate about the Vale as we are,he doesnt give a stuff about the club, except to use it as a vehicle to get the money back that he alone lost.

If nobody comes along and does a deal with him then I'm afraid it's curtains.

And I'm afraid to say, there are a lot like your friend who are apathetic to the situation we once again find ourselves in and that plays into the blue ones hands.

Apathy rules at Vale as we all know after year upon year of promises and false horizons. we are down to about 4,000 die hards now and they have a good number of such apathy restricted people in their midst who recognise nothing they can do will change matters at Vale.

I, too have ripped my hair out these past couple of years of Norman's tenure. I've tried to remain on the fence so to speak to a certain degree and listened to each side of the many arguments/ opinions. Time is running out now though if we are to secure our League standing, we are perilously close to the abyss. My gut and heart tell me we will survive somehow but my confidence is sapping every day that passes.

I don't have the answers or the money to intervene but I had hoped that Norman would "come good" with his promises etc. Clearly some fans are still willing to see the good in him and perhaps that's why he is still here?

I don't shout from the rooftops my hatred or dislike of Norman, I simply put words on a computer, which really is all we can do. I respect democracy but believe that a position has been attained now where either he goes or he states categorically his honest intentions for our future. As matters stand none of us are privy to his thoughts or his plan and we are not able to see/discuss fully the financial situation at Vale so we cannot formulate a considered and correct scenario for our great Club.

Over the years I've tried to stay out of the politics behind the club, other than getting my black and gold scarf, because I've always found it sad to see the division between Vale fans.

However, to weigh in to this argument, to me it's as plain as the nose on your face and I cannot for the life of me understand why some cannot see it? When I go to the game, the lack of any match day experience in tandem with watching very poor quality football from a squad with plenty of depth but definitely no strength, leaves me in no doubt that this is Norman Smurthwaite's Port Vale.

Archived