onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Advert

whilst agreeing with the vast majority on this thread I had a chat with a fellow long term Port Vale supporter and I was to be frank left speechless (and that doesn't happen very often) when he spoke in support of the owner. I asked him what the present owner has ever done that was a positive? He got us promoted was the reply. Come on mate we were already right up there when he came in (thanks to Micky Adams and the admin team).

He then completely blew me away when he said . If asked I would tell him to put the Hugill money in his pocket because he has already backed us to the tune of £3.5 million and he deserves it.

As I walked away I was deeply saddened to hear another Vale fan speak in such a manner. Then I asked myself what hope is there for our Club when there are supporters who think in such a way?

I'm afraid that Norman has sapped the desire out of many Vale fans (both those that don't go anymore and a lot of those who still go because that's what they've always done). Sadly I am in the latter category but it is becoming more and more of an effort to drive 40 miles, then watch a load of drivel and then drive back home in the dark. I don't think that Norman has any intention of selling, he doesn't really care about the club or its supporters and just keeps trotting out the old line that he just wants his money back. I just wish that he would clear off so that we can get our club back to the good times when it felt like a decent afternoon out to support your team but I'm afraid that ain't gonna happen as he just hangs around like a bad smell. I personally don't think that we will ever fully recover from his tenure.

I did just post a rant bemoaning the 'fans' who can somehow support Smurf. Instantly deleted it.

I realised I'd said it all before, and its a lost cause. Port Vale won't succeed in this modern game if most of our fanbase are apathetic, and some of the rest support a man who is risking our FL status.

I simply can't be bothered anymore.

I did just post a rant bemoaning the 'fans' who can somehow support Smurf. Instantly deleted it.

I realised I'd said it all before, and its a lost cause. Port Vale won't succeed in this modern game if most of our fanbase are apathetic, and some of the rest support a man who is risking our FL status.

The Oyston family have owned Blackpool for 30 years, Mike Ashley has owned Newcastle United for 11 years. I can't defend people who support Smurthwaite but it is easy to see how many fans would be pessimistic of the chances of any campaign to get rid of him.

I think the Hugill money will be a catalyst for change.

There needs to be a statement before the end of the season as to what is going to happen with it (either way).

If we hear nothing, or if we don't see a penny during the summer, I can see many of the middle ground (or disgusting apathetic ****** who don't deserve a football club) being up for action.

And by action I mean protests. Not a few posts on a forum.

You are not alone mate. I'm afraid that we have to perhaps resign ourselves to simply attending matches supporting the Team and leave the politics etc to others. It's difficult when your heart and soul lie in Port Vale as it does with many, many of us. We ought to try and stop "caring" too much perhaps so we can "enjoy" whatever is on offer on the pitch.

As ardent fans surely we should support through thick and thin, good and bad, all weathers, all times?

I actually take some comfort in knowing that many other Clubs have similar hard core fans to us that will support throughout all the years and they, too must have reason to question owners/managers/players tactics etc. we are not alone.

We remain in the League at present so cold comfort I know, but chin up pal, get yourself re-motivated to attend the games at least. Try to not take in so much of the politics behind Vale. Que sera, what ever will be will be. Mere mortal fans as us who have Vale in the blood will have to suck it and see what mess Norman continues to inflict upon us but as we are powerless really to get him moved on we have to remain true to our Vale family and support the Team.

Don't like to hear you so despondent. There are many of us similar but come on Vale is all about the fans, as Aspin says.

I think the Hugill money will be a catalyst for change.

It has to be.

There needs to be a statement before the end of the season as to what is going to happen with it (either way).

I agree that needs to be a statement of intent from the club in a general sense.

If he just plans on using the money to fund the shortfall in the budget for a few more years, and carrying on running the club in exactly the same way as he has during the last few seasons, that would be a total disaster and would probably see us in non-league.

I feel deeply saddened when I read how desolate true Vale fans have become on this forum.I used to love going Vale both home and away and have done for over 40 years.Meeting up with the lads and having great days out.But I stopped going over three years ago and I no longer miss it.Football on a wider scale is rotten nowadays with the likes of Macclesfield,Chester,Hartlepools and Torquay on the brink on extinction.

Whilst the top teams drink from the rich man's table.BOG standard players becoming multi millionaires, International,European and domestic cups are no longer relevant in the eyes of Premiership elite.Like many others I've been to World Cups,Euros and many games abroad.I still lookout for Vales result but if they win or lose I no longer care tbh.

I just do other things with my time and money.Thinking back on my time with Vale and England......It's taken me over 40 years to realise that football held me back.

It has to be.

I agree that needs to be a statement of intent from the club in a general sense.

If he just plans on using the money to fund the shortfall in the budget for a few more years, and carrying on running the club in exactly the same way as he has during the last few seasons, that would be a total disaster and would probably see us in non-league.

Agree, the chances have now ran out -

I sympathise with the owning/running of a football club cause you aint going to please everybody and will make wrong decisions .

As said previous Norman has built hopes up after hopes and followed by excuses after excuses which has now worn out for me (others prob a few yrs ago), we need to see (not just hear) positivity now - if it is allowed to carry on in current state season tickets will be low and the fans will get blamed for not putting in and the new budget for next year will be less and the tail spin continue--

next season, We need a firebreak with a show of intent , a manager who can sign the experienced players he wants with individual wages to match if this is what is needed to get em over the line (just reduce the squad number) ,

In years to come when Norman aint around wonder how he wants to be remembered by our die hards thousands- over to you Norman back us or sell

Agree, the chances have now ran out -

I sympathise with the owning/running of a football club cause you aint going to please everybody and will make wrong decisions .

As said previous Norman has built hopes up after hopes and followed by excuses after excuses which has now worn out for me (others prob a few yrs ago), we need to see (not just hear) positivity now - if it is allowed to carry on in current state season tickets will be low and the fans will get blamed for not putting in and the new budget for next year will be less and the tail spin continue--

next season, We need a firebreak with a show of intent , a manager who can sign the experienced players he wants with individual wages to match if this is what is needed to get em over the line (just reduce the squad number) ,

In years to come when Norman aint around wonder how he wants to be remembered by our die hards thousands- over to you Norman back us or sell

I do not think he cares how he us remembered.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I’ll get severe flak for this , but I’ve had enough. The club is in decline, and you’d want to be a fool to think otherwise. Okay,I’m 4,500 miles away , but I love the Vale , and I’ve never seen this kind of situation before, the sixties re-election , V2001 . Because he only has his own agenda, and he will take the club into Non-League. It’s no wonder fans are depressed and apathetic , because he’s holding the club to ransom. Don’t give me that “ He’s signed new players and will fund more in the summer” ******** is what that is . Smurthwaite Out Now!! UTV

Ps No , I haven’t been on the pop. I’m very clearheaded right now about this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't want to be involved in the political side. It is night on 4am, we are losing 5-1 away and Cheltenham. Well done Cheltenham, you have ripped us to bits. Fair play.

Norman Smurthwaite. 1 question only. What are you trying to achieve at Port Vale.

Archived