onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Charlie Raglan Signs on Loan from Oxford

PV1973

He is better than Anderson! Anderson was a lumper/stopper who did a reasonable job but will never be higher than our division. Attack the ball yes pass it no chance.

Defenders have no chance of getting the ball down on our pitch to pass it anyway. Its a disgace.

Advert

I'm really not sure what people expect. No club higher than us is going to let their regular first teamers go at this stage of the season because they need them for themselves. If we brought someone from a team lower, it would be called a panic buy and an unnecessary risk. If we got someone from non-league or the U23's, he'd an unproven gamble. With the loss of Anderson and Gunning, we are desperate for defenders. Raglan looks a decent signing to me.

He is better than Anderson! Anderson was a lumper/stopper who did a reasonable job but will never be higher than our division. Attack the ball yes pass it no chance.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Agreed if it wasn't for an injury he would've been first choice for a team in the league above. Hopefully he isn't too far from fitness.

Where a player comes from doesn't matter one jot. Sodje came from Darlington and was brilliant. Stobbs came from Wednesday and looked poor when he got game time.

Exactly. Hannant came from Gateshead and was one of the best players on the pitch on Saturday. Wilson came from the team at the top of the Championship and was probably the worst.

Raglan is a centre back (which you all wanted), with plenty of experience (which you wanted) and will have a degree of commitment to the club which you don't often get from loan players. Face it lads, we were never going to get John Terry.

Unbelievable what some fans think every time a new player arrives. All the armchair experts criticise the Club for bringing in fresh faces although they have never seen them play. Get real. Face facts. Look where we are. How much money have we got? We don't have a divine right to be in the championship or division 1 for that matter. We are slowly rebuilding after year upon year of complete nightmares. We are staying up. We will get better. Our manager is one to be totally admired for what he's attempting to do in extreme circumstances. Support the Vale instead of trying to find flaws. UTV.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Good signing well done. Oxford want us to give him game time that's fair enough there needs to be something in it for them. Also their manager was very complementary about us after our FA Cup win. I imagine he feels this is a good place for Charlie.

Now noted that Oxford sacked their manager a week or so agao, so part of my reasoning above may not quite work out, although Derek Fazackerly, the acting Manager, knows enough about us, and he possibly shared the former manager's view of us.

Wow, people moaning about this signing? Surely not?

We have to be pleased that we are in a better place than we were at 5pm last night? so this signing has to be applauded. People have to remember that objective number 1 is to stay in this league and anything for the longer term will be sorted out in the summer.

From the sounds of it Charlie has done really well and is evidence of another poor youth retention decision by Micky.

It actually says on his wiki page Micky Adams wanted to keep him but could only offer so many contracts at the time to the YTS lads(or words to that effect)within the budget. How true that is I don't know but I can't remember who came through at the same time to him who we kept?

It actually says on his wiki page Micky Adams wanted to keep him but could only offer so many contracts at the time to the YTS lads(or words to that effect)within the budget. How true that is I don't know but I can't remember who came through at the same time to him who we kept?

Maybe it was also to do with who we already had at the club in his position too.

he is not a like for like replacement for either of the departing defenders though (nmentioning no names) He may have more league appearances than Jules but will take some time to reach match fitness after such a long injury lay off.

Are you really Ray Williams....all we get off you is negative negative negative,i used to like reading your differing opinions but now its starting to get on my ****

This "budget" character keeps cropping up everywhere.

Archived